What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does zero smell leak grow room possible?

Tranquilidade

Wondering if it’s possible to have a grow room with zero smell? I have a spare room in my house but don’t want any smell leaks into other rooms. Is that possible? Any particular filters or tents to use for that purpose?

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
A negative pressure room with a sufficiently sized carbon filter used to exhaust will not allow any smell to leave the room. It will continuously pull air into the room as you would be exhausting air through the filter to outside the room. Also a carbon filter dedicated to scrubbing the air works great in combination with a negative pressure room. Simply put a fan on top of a carbon filter and let it run inside the room.

Tranquilidade

Thanks for reply. I don't think it's quite possible to do a negative pressure room in a simple house. What about an ordinary room?

mr.brunch

Veteran
A tent using a carbon filter so the sides Of the tent suck inwards a little works, but you’d have to keep running the fan when the lights Are off
Trimming, however is a whole other story...

troutman

Seed Whore
I would use carbon filtration inside the grow room and scent maskers like Ona products in the rest of the house.

hayday

Veteran
I grow in a tight place with alot of people around.A seventy pound scrubber in the room recirculating and another exausting out of the flower room pretty much does it.
however ,another scrubber for a drying room and trim area is needed.
I have to mention,back up power is essential because if the power goes out, one hour and there is no hiding whats up.
One more thing is the draft of my central air.If my door is open the A/C will pull air from my grow and a small amount of oder gets loose.
Truth is,if you have a grow, sooner or later,its going to smell some. Your commitment to stealt is on you.invest in carbon and fans with back ups.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Many rooms and cabinets have low smell exhaust, but as others have posted
the rub is controlling smell during cure, trim and maintenance.

A grower also has a tolerance level, and what he thinks is smell free, isn't.

Grapefruitroop

What about no vents?....sealed with a scrubber.
I dont even have the scrubber, cause is not a problem the smell that comes out when i open the door to enter...
Aside from that no smell and most important no noise!:joint:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
With a completely sealed room you still need to vent humidity.

I grew for over a decade in prohibition places, smell is always top priority.

1. I always use 3 complete exchanges of air per minute in my grows.

2. I used tents with carbon scrubbers attached and 24/7 airflow. Extra time spent to ensure all positive pressure sections of ducting are completely sealed.

3. I made sure to leave the grow area for a good 8-10 hours at least once or twice a week. When you return you have a clearer ability to 'smell' any issues which may have cropped up.

4. Trim next to your intake exhaust for your grow area, so all smell goes through the carbon scrubber.

5. Change your carbon on a regular basis, especially when running louder strains.
:tiphat:

p.s. I have huge issues with chemicals in the air, so cooking some strong smelling food was always preferable to chemical odor masks. Put a strong stew on to smell up the house while you trim in the grow room. ;)

St. Phatty

Thanks for reply. I don't think it's quite possible to do a negative pressure room in a simple house. What about an ordinary room?

it's not a big deal.

you just have to have a beefy exhaust fan, to pull the air out of the grow room and blast it somewhere no one can smell it.

and the room has to be sealed. with RTV around the door cracks etc.

Asslover

Veteran
Their is no need to vent a sealed room. A fully sealed room doesn’t exchange air at all. I run fully sealed, a scrubber in the room, mini split AC , a dehumidifier, and co2. No air in or out.
No bug problems, no heat problems, no humidity problems and no smell escapes. It’s really not that hard...

Grapefruitroop

I made sure to leave the grow area for a good 8-10 hours at least once or twice a week. When you return you have a clearer ability to 'smell' any issues which may have cropped up.
Heel yeah to that!!! very important for me too!

Doug, 3 complete exchange per minute wouldnt be a full normal vented room?:chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts