What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China Breeders Pack

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a grow log for my Kali China Breeders pack from Ace seeds. I did not start with full packs of each variety so I'll detail the number of each of the packs and the number sprout below.

Kali China line 21 F5 feminized seeds
Planted six seeds/sprouted six seeds

Kali China Elite F3xF4 feminized seeds
Planted four seeds/ sprouted five seeds
The Elite carrying the sub label of "A" emerged with twin embryos inside a single seed. Two sprouts from a single seed that do not share a central taproot. Very interesting genetic expression I have never seen before.

Kali China KC 21 (F4-S1)
Planted five seeds/sprouted four seeds
These seeds were the hardest to sprout. They almost all required some coaxing out of their shells and almost all of them emerged with very small embryonic leaves.

Kali China line 22 F5
Planted six seeds/sprouted six seeds

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Ur Humbl. Its going to be a fun year. I've got a few more of these to post.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome rizraz :)

Thank you very much for making a grow diary for your upcoming Kali China selections, she is the apple of my eye :huggg:
You should be able to find remarkable parent plants from the different lines.

I think you are the first person here in this room to make a diary for one of our Breeders Packs ;) much appreciated!
Glad to see the babies already getting ready. Exciting!

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome rizraz :)

Thank you very much for making a grow diary for your upcoming Kali China selections, she is the apple of my eye :huggg:
You should be able to find remarkable parent plants from the different lines.

I think you are the first person here in this room to make a diary for one of our Breeders Packs ;) much appreciated!
Glad to see the babies already getting ready. Exciting!

Thanks Dubi, I've got logs coming down the pipe for all your breeders packs! I've got at least one of everyone on of your breeders packs. I'm gonna work through two packs of the PCK breeders. Two packs of of the Golden Tiger and hope I can grab one more. I've got one of the Nepal Jam and one Hondurans. I was gonna add to this log some of Nepal Jam feminized stuff I'm working on right now and the lovely Bubba Hash S1.

I love your work. What you are doing to Cannabis genetics is truly astounding. In this new world of forum cut this or poly-hybrid X poly-hybrid you all some of the only people consistently doing solid work. You are the very best of Cannabis breeders.

Last edited:

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maple - Thanks for congratulations.

Neplant - Thanks for watching

Fronk - I am also keen to see what lovely things I find in these packs

Crazy Chester

I've never seen anyone grow these before - it will be nice to see how these plants grow. Good luck with them, rizraz!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Exciting times ahead rizraz ;)

Thank you very much for your kind words and for supporting our Breeders Packs.
I'm sure the selections won't disappoint. Please, keep us updated!

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Dubi, I'll have transplant shots this week sometime. Planted on the 11/6. All seeds up by the 16/6 and almost all the plants had second or third set of leaves by 4/7. The growth really surprised me. I figured the Chinese influence would produce a more hash plant type growth structure. That was wrong. These plants are as fast and strong as any modern hybrid. It does seem like the line 21's F5 are my slowest/lowest growers thus far but I'll go into more detail when I make my next set of posts. Thanks for checking on me Dubi.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rizraz,

Glad the Kali China seedlings from your Breeders Packs are growing vigorously.

Kali China 21-4 S1 should be the less vigorous line as it is a S1 (extreme inbreeding).
Line 21 is KC 21-16 x KC 21-4, blend of 2 sisters from same 21 line, so quite inbred too.

The more vigorous should be the F3xF4 as both parent plants are more genetically distant and F3 holds a more vigorous slightly more sativa expression.

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/breeders-pack/kalichinapackcriafem.html

Anyway, always some plants are more vigorous than others, even within the same line, as each plant is unique and therefore different.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To Dubi: "Nature produces individuals and nothing more" -CHARLES EDWIN BESSEY
All the plants are killing it! I've got a really interesting Line 21 with a leaf mutation. Not the tallest plant in the bunch but I'm always interested when I see competitive growing mutants.
I do have an S1 that is extremely small, way smaller than all the other. Likely a runt but I'll give her all the time she needs to express herself.

All the rest are 4-5 internodes, wide hybrid leaves, medium height, strong stemmed little goddesses.

Sorry everyone subbed, I'm slacking on the photos. I've got a couple of different sets to upload just haven't gotten to it yet. I will soon.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Cool and good luck with it, just placed an order for some OE, can’t wait to see how you go.

OZZ_

Veteran
Nice one. The breeders packs are a great option at looking within the lines. Very cool I’ll be following ??

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone, wanted to kick out an update. I had another dear friend and longtime grower pass away this year. To make room for all his plants I had to postpone this project. The Kali packs are moving indoors. I'm gonna be cloning the clones today. I did cull the original plants once I had them all backed up. So updates coming sometime in the next month or so with regular updates coming after that. I think my plan is to flower the seed clones and keep the clones I'm taking now as backups till after testing. I did end up with a mutant that was able to keep up with the growth of the others and the twins are both alive and well. Sorry for the lack of updates but its been crazy.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As promised some updates. Here are pictures before I clone them, I'm thinking about another two or three weeks of veg post cloning in the living soil beds and we should be good to flower. I hate this project didn't get to flower outside this year but with everything that went down I just ran shy of the time these lovely ladies deserve.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay an update, these ladies (not all of them) just made it into the indoor room. I'll start sharing some photos here soon.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Eager to follow the progress of your Kali China selections rizraz ;)