What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deterring digging coyotes.

Here in eastern az I have ALOT of em. putting out rags soaked in ammonia is good. Have to place about 5-10 around. Also wolf urine. Just make an invisible fence of it, however I have caught a few on trail cam not caring about it. In nor cal our rancher neighbor suggested we shoot one , and string it up out back near chicken coops. Did that, and never saw one again. Out here thoughthats highly illegal

Lyfespan

i used a 2x6 with nails nailed through, so 1/4 inch is sticking out, bury in holes pokey side up. issue solved

Treevly

I seem to have some luck using mothballs, 1/2 a mothball sitting in a bottle cap, not so near that it will leach into the grow-hole if it rains. We are having a bit of a dry spell here, so it works for now, but rain of course can make mothball use tricky.

St. Phatty

how about using old Cannabis Cookies to deter digging animals.

get them REAL stoned. probably enough to forget about digging.

unless it affects them like Meth.

Maple_Flail

find a Verile male human, and get him to piss around your garden or property perimiter i suggest a testoterone laden college/uni horn ball. Wolf urine is kinda dodgy as some give no F's.

solar power blinky lights (minic big predators eyes in the dark like wolf or bear)

set up a distracta trap... find something they like, and slowly keep placing it farther and farther from your property.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Urine seems to work. And others said....moth balls./...maybe pee on those. Light sensor with noise?