What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SUBCOOL Rest In Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
I've never grown any of your genetics. I have read several of your articles . My condolences for your family and friends.
God's peace

U

useless.gardens

JTR
picture.php

Rotstone

No one will take up the torch that's it man some strains will survive but have to be sold by his partners he did collaborations with or mzjill might reproduce some of them not all.
I'm sure some will be stolen by seed companies and rebranded or maybe f2 or breed with them but it's all good I think because if they don't do it who will?
Lots of people will make f2 but 99% don't sell beans
I wonder also what will happen did he leave a will? I guess I will find out with time I know the family and some partners want to keep the new subcool super soil gig going
The Dank will live on. Sub did not leave a will so things are temporarily tied up in Probate. Once probate timeline is up Will and Victoria Subs friends and business partners will be ramping things back up. The Dank Team is working on building bridges with some of the breeders that worked with Sub to keep many of his strains around. Just finished up some Third Dimension that was on point, cant wait for the cure. Weednerd 4 life.

fizz

What an epic loss. I admired him a lot. Subcool bravely inspired folks long before 'medical' was ever a thing. He was a loyal weed veteran, a real connoisseur, and a resilient fighter to keep rocking after all the adversity he faced throughout his life, especially in his final years; I learned a bit about him watching "The Weed Nerd" on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9wLfTK9jsQ&t=47m18s

JTR is a fascinating cultivar which often pushes out two plants in one seed. Subcool seemed to love his mutants and recessive genetics. In my humble opinion, Vortex is a legendary expression of Jack Herer. I, and my circle, will honor Subcool's memory by keeping his genetics alive as long as the sun shines.

Thank you for teaching us so much. I'll be reminded every time I relish the fruit of your labor just how hard you worked to bring flavor to the experience of Cannabis. Rest easy, and may the universe smile upon you and your family always. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxrotrIvqyY :tiphat:

choom

I've never grown any of your genetics. I have read several of your articles . My condolences for your family and friends.
God's peace

You must try Querkle...it is SO good..absolutely life changing flavor.

That being said I am so happy to have scored 2 old seeds of Querkle

acespicoli

What year was it they split, I missed alot of this...
2020, 2021, were some tough years...

1672062483262.png

No way to tell how many people we really lost to covid...
Nice to see that MzJill still grows many of the strains he named after her