What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adult Use Dispensary Access... Denied.

yardgrazer

Don't go out of your way to visit a MA dispensary in the next few weeks unless you have a med card, they're closed to adult use customers due to Coronavirus.

asdfasf

Don't go out of your way to visit a MA dispensary in the next few weeks unless you have a med card, they're closed to adult use customers due to Coronavirus.
Yeah I knew it was gonna be tough after they started letting people in one by one. Thanks for the heads up though.

yardgrazer

But if you have a med card they're open ?

Correct. Still probably best to check before heading over, but they're supposed to still be open to med card holders.

I realized after I posted that maybe my initial post sounded critical of the decision, makes sense to me, protects staff, customers, and patients.

yardgrazer

Given the 20k confirmed cases in NYS, might not be the most out there thought. I presume that's where the Berkshire County cases arose from... NYers.

ETA: Also, I presume a card carrying med user from another state gets treated the same way a mass med user would?

Green Squall

The crazy thing is that liquor stores are deemed an "essential business." Maybe if our representatives didn't drag their feet so long on rec weed, there would be more than 50 dispensaries in the entire State. I blame this on their ineptness.

Mr Jay

Veteran
The crazy thing is that liquor stores are deemed an "essential business."

I thought that was outrageous until I read into why a lot of states are considering them essential. Alcohol is one of the only substances that can kill a person from withdrawals. I know the feel of DTs from when I quit drinking over three and a half years ago.

Imagine the flood of cases at the hospital and urgent care clinics from people going through withdrawals if they cannot get alcohol through regular means. Sure we could close liquor stores in a lot of states and people could still get wine and beer at the grocery store (you cannot buy liquor outside of liquor stores in many states) but when people buy liquor in large quantities they can isolate at home for longer. It is in no way ideal, but's the best we have to work with right now.

After considering that, I agreed with the decision to keep things open.

Of course, I live in a legal state that kept it's pot shops open too, so I'm lucky. Turns out people do better chilling out at home when they are stoned .