What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eating dry buds to get high tested and working simple method

doams

Ive just heated some grinded up bud /0.5g/ in a vaporizer for ten minutes @180C then put that decarbed bud into same amount of olive oil @room temp /like 0,5-1ml/ let it sit for five minutes then mixed the whole thing /oil with plant material/ into some yoghurt.

after an hour Ive got decent high without the need to vape.

will try to use a little bit more but most important thing is
it works!

will do some more testing lol
:dance013:

before
picture.php

after
picture.php

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
That would be a good way to get consistent high, and not over do it. It probably is not the most efficient or tastiest way. I have made crazy strong cookies from cannabutter made with sugar trim (which is generally thrown out) and soy lecithin. It is quite a bit of work, but the cookies I have made, 1/4th gets you really high.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287025

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
What made you choose 190C for temp??? Making cannabutter, they said a low boil was perfect, and that too hot would lower the quality. Also a little soy lecithin will make it come on quicker, and up to 50% stronger.

Cvh

Supermod
190°C sounds a bit high.

The standard to decarb THCa into THC is 120°C (248°F) for 30 min's (to max 60 min's).
You don't want to boil off all you cannabinoids and terpenes. If you use higher temps or longer time you'll be vaping off all the active molecules.
If you keep it at around 120°C (248°F) then you'll be decarbing the THCa into THC and you'll be leaving the other cannabinoids and terpenes intact.
Please read this article for full explanation:
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-decarboxylation

Don't forget to cover the tray if you are using an oven! Use a glass tray with a glass lid.

Here is a diagram where you can look up the THC content (decarbed THCa) in relation to the temp and time.

picture.php

Last edited:

doams

a little correction:

I am decarbing in my arizer air @180C /blue setting/ for 10 min. /I can fit approx. 0,2g in chamber but got two arizers so in 10min 0.4g decarbed buds are made/ after 10 min I inhale what accumulated in there and get really strong 1 deep hit from each arizer so I am getting high in the process of decarbing which is great too :D

I would do that in oven for bigger amounts of herbs but this is really stealth and efficient would be prob. getting more off this process by decarbing in oven but this is what works in my not ideal living situation right now etc..

this way im using like 4x times more herb to get same effect like vaping one full chamber /0.2g/ in arizer but its woth it for me coz cant vape any time of the day currently due to security reasons..
was looking for stealth way of administering medicine and found it.
tried eating heated herb with youghurt but without olive oil and it was not working really now it does.

Last edited:

doams

What made you choose 190C for temp??? Making cannabutter, they said a low boil was perfect, and that too hot would lower the quality. Also a little soy lecithin will make it come on quicker, and up to 50% stronger.

sorry but its 180C and its the lowest setting in arizer air /blue led color/.
I was thinking about getting some MCT oil instead of lecithin for this process in future.

doams

testing goes good so far..
today tried 0.6g got decent high for 6 hours..
think single serving of 0.7-0.8 will be more than enough no need to go higher for now..

btw those acumulated deep hits /they hit hard/ maybe Ive discovered new way of vaping..

testing will continue..
got a few ideas like
heating the /oil+buds mix/ then run it through coffee filter then into dropper bottle and yes will use mct oil instead of olive oil..

few drops into morning coffee cup will save the day for sure lol.
will try tea too
probably will end up putting it into food/drinks/everything everytime/all the time right.
:D

Galaxy420

testing goes good so far..
today tried 0.6g got decent high for 6 hours..
think single serving of 0.7-0.8 will be more than enough no need to go higher for now..

btw those acumulated deep hits /they hit hard/ maybe Ive discovered new way of vaping..

testing will continue..
got a few ideas like
heating the /oil+buds mix/ then run it through coffee filter then into dropper bottle and yes will use mct oil instead of olive oil..

few drops into morning coffee cup will save the day for sure lol.
will try tea too
probably will end up putting it into food/drinks/everything everytime/all the time right.
:D

might want to avoid anything that could catch those compounds like sieves etc..... especially for little one at a time doses... it's different if you are doing lbs at a time

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I read 190 degrees and saw F without the C even registering on my brain. I decarb my oil spritzer at 250 F. I am killing all the THC. Placebo effect is making us partakers of same just think it is working.
What to do? What to do? Ahhhh.
Rapidly skimming the posts relieved my anxiety, but the rush lingers.

Yeah, two spritz under the tongue. I took three, twice. Perhaps being stoned has an effect on my overreaction?
Nah, honest mistake. Edibles are like that.

xet

Very interesting.

I know of one other method.

1. Drink or eat upwards of 16oz. Of your favorite citrus (orange, grapefruit, lemon, lime)
2. Consume your dry herb
3. Wow

WishDoctor

lmao...wow. dthis thread is funny...1st def not dry bud, that's processed and wet with oil.
and trying to reinvent the wheel when this has been done a thousand times over.

always some n00b thinking they re the first. and those that follow

so f'n cliché

Eh just vape it. You cant get anything eating a small amount like that.

I know a lot of people save their vaped bud. They need to learn how to vape and quit wasting their bud! If your vape doesn't do its job why bother lol. I've eaten a lot of weed and it works best in a greasy cookie than anything.

Latest posts

Latest posts