What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Strains

irieeyes808

I have always heard talk of Hawaiian genetics and was just wondering if there is even such a thing as a true Hawaiian landrace?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^if you are walking through the jungle in the islands and you find weed growing.... leave it alone. it could be booby trapped.... so I hear

D

Dalaihempy

I have always heard talk of Hawaiian genetics and was just wondering if there is even such a thing as a true Hawaiian landrace?

Well i would have to say the cannabis that came out of hawai was unique a lot seam to think its the volcanic soil it ws grown in i dont as i grew some of it and was as nice grown away from hawia.

irieeyes808

I just think it is a combination of things that makes it nice, the volcanic soil, the elevation fresh air and pure pacific rains. Just wondering I could plant out here that would just go crazy, something that is mold resistant.

X

xinsanewickedx

i have some hawaiian lights , i was given 5 beans but haven't tried them yet.all i know is a cross of nl and some hawaiian strain.

E

elmanito

I have some White Molokai at this moment to make a F2 and what i read about the strain i would say that Molokai Frost is a landrace.

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

kona gold is a Hawaiian landrace. The beans are still around in pure form.
Stativa seed bank also has a pure hawaiian.
Mota has moloki frost.
Seedman has sk1*hawaiian cross
Google em.

bbing

True Landrace?
Thought the monks brought sativa beans over from europe which were later hybridized.

Landrace Cannabis like Indigenous Chameleons of Hawaii no?

irieeyes808

I think I am going to have to agree with Bing, although some good shit is always bound to be found in the Islands. From what I hear that late 70's and early eighties classic stuff was nice. Hell there is still killer dank bud to be found, gets me baked senseless, I think it's all in the soil nutrients and location. Peace

BUDOGHI

All strains grow great in hawaii however there is no such thing as a hawaiian land race however there are some growers in hawaii with their own IBL's.

irieeyes808

Ok, what do you think would be a good strain to take over there that would get large and robust and would also do well against the rainy conditions and then sunny days. Cause it usually rains a little bit every day and then the sun will come out and shine ??? Thanks guys it's just I am moving back there and am looking for some good genetics to bring. Right now I have 3 packs of Karma gear like the Happy Brother, Bubba Brother and the Funky Dwarf . Peace my IC Mag friends.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
If you plant them on the island that gets the wind mostly hitting it first before it goes far into the rain forst you should have a better chance of no rain,do some research on the dryest island and other places on the hawiian chain.
Don't look on the most populated as most will be modern hybrids.

E

elmanito

Hawaii has an unique natural environment because of the volcano activity.This count also for the Cannabis strains which are grown for a long time since the 1920s.In my opinion you can of unique landraces .

Mr.Gahn

it's safe to say that some Hawaiian varieties are on their way to becoming "Landrace" strains. with careful breeding and selective genetics it really only takes 100 years to make a heirloom variety conditioned to its environment.
how long do you think Cannabis has been on the islands?
i have just started Hawaiian varieties that I inbred 12 years ago. They were received from a Hawaiian man in the early 90's, He said his family has been growing this strain for generations. All of the plants showed what have been typically described as "Hawaiian" attributes.
I am in the process of putting together a grow report for this line, i'll keep ya'll posted-

peace

E

elmanito

I read somewhere probably on this forum that they are growing Cannabis on Hawaii since the 1920s, so i'm not sure if this is true.We should ask a Hawaiian expert on this.:D

Latest posts

Latest posts