What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Tent OutGassing / Offgassing WARNING!!

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:
That enough proof ?

Proof of what - that someone related to Homebox was researching the problem?

I've asked you to prove that Homebox was ever affected by this off-gassing problem.. What you offered is no proof of that whatsoever.

Not a single grow out there in a Homebox showing off-gassing symptoms...

You quote a letter from someone related to the company who is upset because Hydrohut's bad tents are causing people to avoid their tents as well?? How is that proof that Homebox "never admitted their problems" as you stated?

Another laughable attempt to distract from the fact that I called you out for what you are - a shill.

Also - for someone who claims to just be a guy who got some bad tents, you sure do go around calling Homebox "Homobox" all over the place, and keep mentioning this Dirk person a lot.. Yea, you're just some dude on the street?

Like I said, you're a shill, someone associated with the company who acts like a regular consumer and gives glowingly positive takes on all things related to the company.

Seems like you're out to destroy Homebox's clean reputation as well.

Sundance

Homegrow3r said:
So you're familiar with how the recall was handled, as in you KNOW that no list was kept, but you're not a shill????

Fess up.

ROL ... I dont know shit .. except ... something like that is so fucking crazy ... and insane

Off the charts crazy - dont you think ?

I got nothing to do with Hydro Hut or shilling anyones product .. I just dont give a fuck and less

I do stand behind, support and recommend good product and people ... Hydro Hut's problem was not intentional .. under the circumstances they have been great to me .. replaced my 2 tents for free with great new product ... and been gentleman about it ... just telling my experience .. and keeping the record straight

Toxic Hydro Hut Tents are history .. and thing of the past ... they have great new product available .. and it kicks ass .. thats fact .. not shilling

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Proof of what - that someone related to Homebox was researching the problem?

I've asked you to prove that Homebox was ever affected by this off-gassing problem.. What you offered is no proof of that whatsoever.

Not a single grow out there in a Homebox showing off-gassing symptoms...

You quote a letter from someone related to the company who is upset because Hydrohut's bad tents are causing people to avoid their tents as well?? How is that proof that Homebox "never admitted their problems" as you stated?

Another laughable attempt to distract from the fact that I called you out for what you are - a shill.

Also - for someone who claims to just be a guy who got some bad tents, you sure do go around calling Homebox "Homobox" all over the place, and keep mentioning this Dirk person a lot.. Yea, you're just some dude on the street?

Like I said, you're a shill, someone associated with the company who acts like a regular consumer and gives glowingly positive takes on all things related to the company.

Seems like you're out to destroy Homebox's clean reputation as well.

What the fuck is the matter with you ? .. after reading your post carefully .. I cant help but conclude that you really are sick .. this is pathetic .. never the less - you need to learn a lesson

For starters ... Here is what you said

Mr. Bongjangles said:
So yea, you stated that Homebox "never admitted their problems"

Still waiting on proof of that.

and

I answered - see my post above

Whats the matter - you dont like my answer ?

You dont see some problems with any of what they said ?

Thats all I got - and I could care less about Homebox ... as I have said 2 times now .. in fact, I was not going to make my last post, but you asked for it

Mr. Bongjangles said:

WTF are you talking about ... I dont quote anyone ... never did such a thing ... why dont you refresh everyone - fact is your so full of shit here you cant ... because it never, ever happened ... laughable

I came across Dirk only once in the thread listed ... as he said himself

drehahn said:
Hello all,I am Dirk, working with and for Homebox

I could care less about Dirk .. you .. or Homebox

Your asking for facts .. I provided it ... you dont like the facts - so now I am out to get Homebox ... ROLMAO

Stop typing .. STFU ... go take a shower .. or a nap or something .. and get some help .. you need it .. this is very tiring .. and boring

Last edited:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:
they have great new product available .. and it kicks ass .. thats fact .. not shilling

Its funny how you give your opinion, then call it fact.

You have a problem with keeping the facts straight though, so I'm not surprised you can't even get the word right. Common problem for shills I bet.

Sundance said:
WTF are you talking about ... I dont quote anyone ... never did such a thing ... why dont you refresh everyone - it never, ever happened ... laughable

You quoted 3 posts, right on this page, a few posts up, right here:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2071082&postcount=79

4 if you count mine.. Who are you trying to kid?

Anyways like I already said, your little quotes are not proof in any way shape or form that Homebox was affected by the off-gassing problem.

Still no grows out there in a Homebox with off-gassing. You claim they had this problem, show us a grow in one with it. Till then pipe down with your ridiculous rambling. Congratulations, you're a Hydrohut shill and a Homebox troll, way to go man.

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Its funny how you give your opinion, then call it fact.

You have a problem with keeping the facts straight though, so I'm not surprised you can't even get the word right. Common problem for shills I bet.

You quoted 3 posts, right on this page, a few posts up, right here:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2071082&postcount=79

4 if you count mine.. Who are you trying to kid?

Anyways like I already said, your little quotes are not proof in any way shape or form that Homebox was affected by the off-gassing problem.

Still no grows out there in a Homebox with off-gassing. You claim they had this problem, show us a grow in one with it. Till then pipe down with your ridiculous rambling. Congratulations, you're a Hydrohut shill and a Homebox troll, way to go man.

No help for morons

Those quotes - which are not mine or from some letter ... or even an opinion of mine ... are not my words - they are from Homebox ... who makes certain admissions - those are the facts straight from Dirk who works for Homebox

Last edited:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:
No help for morons

Those quotes - which are not mine or from some letter ... or even an opinion of mine ... are not my words - they are from Homebox ... who makes certain admissions - those are the facts straight from Dirk who works for Homebox

LOL like I said, you quoted people.. You *just* said you didn't quote anyone. Again, who are you trying to kid with this craziness?

Anyways, what admissions? Nothing about Homebox being affected by the off-gassing problem, so no dice.

Heh also.. You stated that Homebox "never admitted their problem"

but now you're claiming they made "certain admissions"

Its all BS, but your own statements don't even match up - it's hilarious.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:
No help for you Bo - your a Moron

Too much for me

LOL I am in need of no help from you.. Called you out for what you are - a shill.

Like said, you've offered no proof of the things you said, but I'm glad you're done with your ridiculous explanations.

They don't even add up with each other, let alone reality where there are no off-gassing Homebox grows to be found, and yet threads on every other brand affected.

Sundance

No arguing with an idiot

I am sure you hear that a lot

My points are made ... and quite clear

No point in going round and round and beating a dead horse - but, your too stupid to know it

dankohzee

I am one of the unfortunate ones that bought a hydrohut off ebay at approximately the same time the offgassing issue was coming to light. The seller was actually the manufacturer--not hydrohut, but someone Hydrohut had contracted to make the huts. When the issue came to light he found himself stuck with a shit ton of huts and decided to sell them on ebay. I filed a complaint with ebay and it took quite some time, but it looks like the guy has finally stopped selling them. Maybe he just ran out--who knows.

Anyway, I'm stuck with one of the 52x52 (as I recall) huts that hasn't even been used. I'm wondering how much heat is required for the offgassing to happen. I have a hydrofarm 250 watt (I think) CFL that I use to start my plants. Could I use my Hut for that?

Sundance

dankohzee said:
I am one of the unfortunate ones that bought a hydrohut off ebay at approximately the same time the offgassing issue was coming to light. The seller was actually the manufacturer--not hydrohut, but someone Hydrohut had contracted to make the huts. When the issue came to light he found himself stuck with a shit ton of huts and decided to sell them on ebay. I filed a complaint with ebay and it took quite some time, but it looks like the guy has finally stopped selling them. Maybe he just ran out--who knows.

Anyway, I'm stuck with one of the 52x52 (as I recall) huts that hasn't even been used. I'm wondering how much heat is required for the offgassing to happen. I have a hydrofarm 250 watt (I think) CFL that I use to start my plants. Could I use my Hut for that?

There is no cure for white plastic toxic tents - Its best to trash it ... but before you do ... contact Hydro Hut directly ... check the website for contact information ... www.hydrohuts.com ... write an e-mail ... and tell them your story ... couldnt hurt .. very good chance they will help you

Hydro Hut pulled their product - but cant stop unscrupulous people from selling shit or defective product

Good Luck

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dankohzee said:

I've ran a large cfl in a Hydrohut with the off-gassing issue, and unfortunately it still killed my seedlings.

Maybe Hydrohut will help you... If its a Hydrohut tent I don't see why not.. Replacement tents cost them very little so they'll prolly get you one now that they have their "re-designed" model.. Doesn't look bad either.. Like a Hydrohut and Secret Jardin tent had a baby :D

I choose not to do business with that company myself, I think they handled the off-gassing issue poorly, but I'd take one for free hehe.

Sundance said:
Hydro Hut pulled their product - but cant stop unscrupulous people from selling shit or defective product

Perhaps if Hydrohut got back all the bad tents this wouldn't be going on... Sounds like they left the manufacturer out in the cold with those tents, so he sold them. Hard to say Hydrohut isn't partly to blame if they knew the tents were out there and left the manufacturer with them.

Last edited:

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Perhaps if Hydrohut got back all the bad tents this wouldn't be going on... Sounds like they left the manufacturer out in the cold with those tents, so he sold them. Hard to say Hydrohut isn't partly to blame if they knew the tents were out there and left the manufacturer with them.

Your pathetic ... and just wont stop

" Sounds like " .. " Hard to say "

Fact is - you dont know shit, who, what or anything regarding the person who sold these tents .. or if they had anything at all to do with Hydro Hut at all - you should STFU and stop talking about shit you know zero about

Incredible

BTW - its you who handled the off gassing issue poorly .. and are where you are because if it

Last edited:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:
Your pathetic ... and just wont stop

" Sounds like " .. " Hard to say "

Fact is - you dont know shit, who, what or anything regarding the person who sold these tents .. or if they had anything at all to do with Hydro Hut at all - you should STFU and stop talking about shit you know zero about

Incredible

BTW - its you who handled the off gassing issue poorly .. and are where you are because if it

Looks like you're the one who just won't stop..

I'm free to offer my opinion on the matter of these tents Hydrohut left with the manufacturer, and it was clearly speculation on my part, so don't get your panties in a wad there, f'in Hydrohut shill.

yeah, there's gotta be a way to coat over the pvc, or to let it cook long enough for all of the gas to evaporate...seems possible on paper...or you could just sell it on ebay...lol..i personally would have a guilty conscience about it...go give it to some homeless people in tent city..

dankohzee

One of my brothers on another forum bought his from the same guy--also on ebay. He's used it for several grows now and it's been fine. When I spoke to the manufacturer he was very adamant that the issue only affected the later models (I guess the 5252 is an older model). We argued on the phone for at least 30 minutes. He's an asian guy who speaks english poorly, so it would have actually been funny if I wasn't so pissed about being duped. Anyway, he kept saying "you see, you see! you try! You see! Is good--no bad!! Too Old!! New bad!! Old good!!". I think he's probably telling the truth because his feedback score remains very good. The whole chemical thing has me spooked though. I'm not putting my girls in there.

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
I'm free to offer my opinion on the matter of these tents Hydrohut left with the manufacturer, and it was clearly speculation on my part, so don't get your panties in a wad there, f'in Hydrohut shill.

Mr. Bongjangles said:

Yes your free to offer your opinion .. but your speculation is nothing more than speculation .. wild at that ... and nothing more than blabbin your lips .. complete bullshit .. and wrong in fact

Your no expert ... and clearly dont know shit ... Stop speaking for anyone but yourself

berbes said:
wow, nothing like a good cyber biiitchslap to clutter a reasonably informative thread.

Correct Berbes ... Bo lost it ... and fucked up a good, informative thread with personal his attacks ... complete bullshit ... and immature drivel .. he wouldnt let it go ... and got a good bitch slapping in return

Some people dont know when to STFU

Sucks - but all it takes is one, selfish, un-controllable asshole to fuck things up for everyone

Last edited:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:
Yes your free to offer your opinion .. but your speculation is nothing more than speculation .. wild at that ... and nothing more than blabbin your lips .. complete bullshit .. and wrong in fact

Your no expert ... and clearly dont know shit ... Stop speaking for anyone but yourself

I stick to the facts, and when I'm giving my opinion, it's clear.. Sorry you can't stand the fact that someone doesn't see Hydrohut through rose tinted glasses.

Yeah, you not only shill for Hydrohut, you also totally fly off the handle whenever someone offers a negative opinion about the company.. Thanks for continuing to make my point for me.

Anyways, sure sounds to me like Hydrohut left that manufacturer out in the cold with those tents... Maybe dude who said that is making it all up, who knows - doesn't mean I can't state my opinion on it, and since its something you claim we both don't know the details of, you've no right to say that I'm "wrong in fact" when you don't know the facts yourself.

Sundance said:
Correct Berbes ... Bo lost it ... and fucked up a good, informative thread with personal his attacks ... complete bullshit ... and immature drivel .. he wouldnt let it go ... and got a good bitch slapping in return

LOL its funny you think that's what Berbes means... I think he left it ambiguous for a reason, guess you missed that in your leap to pat yourself on the back.

Anyways, you're the only one who got slapped around in here Sundance, because you got called out for what you are, a Hydrohut shill.

If I look bad for doing it, so be it. I've made my case, made it based on your own words, and all you've done to me is call names and tried to confuse things with contradictory responses.

Look at you now.. Clearly going wild because I offered my opinion on something related to Hydrohut, after we were both done discussing that I think you're a shill.

Right or wrong, that was done, and here you are now 2 seconds later going crazy and being vulgar over my respectfully stated opinion on an unrelated matter.

neuroherb

I don't appreciate your assertion that I am some kind of Homebox support crew.. If you can back that up by showing where i've not been objective, do so, otherwise, I consider that a baseless accusation.

ROFLMAO I wondered whether anyone would be pedantic enough to pick up on the letters used to have a rant and avoid the thrust of the comment being the beatchfest. I couldn't care what team you support so therefore don't care if I got the wrong team for you as it doesn't really do anything for the likes of Jay asking a question to have to read a thesis of opinion to get a little info. I was merely trying to give a heads up as there is some info on the tents worthwhile reading and more on other topics which would be a loss if I was to use the old ignore button, however to no avail. Enjoy the bitching don't bother to reply as I won't be able to see it.