What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help quick

KYHomeGrown

im in a small space and they are into two weeks of flowering, and well they cant grow anymore really. i can a few more inches but not much, can i top them without shocking them to much?

Wiimote

I agree with Gansta, tie them or pinch the tops to force side growth. Unless your growing a heavy sativa, your stretch should be over or just about over and you may be ok with doing nothing. Personally, without knowing what strain your running, I would suggest going with Gangsta's idea. Tie them, pinch them, supercrop them, just don't cut them unless you have to.

KYHomeGrown

the main problems are reeferman's g-sus, but my elvis is getting there also. the la confidential and soububble bx 3's are doing pretty good

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good seeing you back buddy!!!!
we were in the yahoo FF league together last year.

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
heres 2 plants got to tall for me so i gently crushed the inner main stem just below a node approx 8-10inch down from top. after i crushed the inner main stem i gently rolled it uver 90 degrees to the side i wished the top to be. in this pic are 2 blueberrykush females notice on the 1 where it bends at and how it growing fine n/p

Storm Crow

Veteran
I just take some metal bolts (hubby has a coffee can full of old bolts that he keeps for some reason- never uses them as far as I can tell), put a twist tie around it and hang them like Xmas ornaments near as possible to the end of the stem. Bends it right over and exposes the smaller bud to light, which equals better growth for those little buds. You need to let it set for a while to see what the final angle will be. If the stem doesn't bend as much as I want, I just add another bolt. If it's too much bend, I go back to the bolt can for a smaller one. My plants look kind of funny with all that hardware, but it works! - Granny

Local420

There is a new article in Skunk Magazine about training plants, check it out if you can find the mag.

In the meantime, gangsta has the right idea.

If you top them now, I think you will suffer in yeild.

KYHomeGrown

thanks yall, i get some pics of these beauties in bud stages...they are an allstar line up and i tried i different soil mixture and never in my life had so much quick growth..anyone want to know it just ask