What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Germinated Seeds...check this

KYHomeGrown

I had some plants outside and it got seeded right? Well it was real early in the flowering when it happened and when sept came around the mature seeds on the plant while still outside flowering and on the plant, they germinated and had roots growing out of them. Anybody ever seen this crazy shit?

clowntown

Veteran
Wow, that's pretty cool!

Got a place to plant 'em?

I've been meaning to ask if fresh mature seeds need any drying time or other curing time before being able to germinate and grow, but you just answered my question with that neat story. :yes:

Last edited:
D

dre86

I've heard of this before, never seen it.
A nice pic of the plant would be cool. :joint:

G

I've heard of seeds germinating on the plant. Never seen one grow a taproot on a plant but have seen plants outdoors where the seeds had split open and looked like they might germinate. Normally, when seeds are that mature, they fall off the plant. I've seen seedlings growing next to plants I'm about to harvest at this time of year, they never survive the bad winter weather though, but I did see one get to 18 inches once before dying off in the cold and frost, they had grown from seeds that had fallen from the plants about to be harvested. I'm at 53N so we have pretty bad winters some years.