What's new

Car Audio Enthusiasts

SnowMayne420

Just wondering if anybody else around the boards likes working on their system, or already has a nice one. I recently got a new car, so I've been adding a lot of audio components and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions.

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
i use to have 2 12" jl audio w3's v4's.... they used to bump hard and clear!:headbange had to sell them to pay my taxes..... i miss em! i still have the rest...amp, alpine head unit and speakers.

peace!

mm

Laxpunker

^^^I got a Cordoba that still has an 8-track player. The things sweet, too bad I can't get the Shaft soundtrack outta it.

Anyways, I don't know what you've done to it already. However Alpine makes great stuff, them and Kenwood are two of my favorites. Eclipse makes some decent subs, if you're looking for more thump.

B

bigeydfish34

i have 2 nice alpine type r 12"s that im sellin they sound amazing....PM ME if you want them

Scorp1on

high all!

I love car audio...I got 2 cars,

Acura 93 Integra RS: In my acura I got a nice pioneer DEH-P90HDD , its a cd player with a HD so you can put all your CD on the HD. Also have 2 10'' 500w pioneer subwoofer and for the speaker its 4 x 6.5'' 3-Way pioneer speaker and 2 6 x 9 4way all those speaker are on a 4 x 75w amp...

The sound is very loud and clear I love my system, I changed it 2 years ago, before that I was using only alpine but I broke 2 sets of speaker and I couldnt get the performance I wanted...with pioneer I dont have this problem.

This summer I bought a new car; my Cadillac STS 95, next year I will put a nice dvd player with 1 12'' and 2 10''...the trunk is sooo big :joint:

pineappaloupe

I have a really simple system, 6" MB Quart Discus 116's all around in a 92 accord. They sound really good. I put in alot of dynamat on the back shelf and doors to dampen vibrations.
I dont have any subs, but the bass for most music is fine. Only really heavy bass overpowers the speakers.
I was thinking of putting 2 6" dedicated woofers in the pull down separator on the pack seat (forms an arm rest), building a box etc. I have search google high and low for similar installs but found nothing. Im just looking for something that allows me to put low pass filters on all my others speakers, and put all the bass on those woofers, increasing overall efficiency.

MB Quart makes some seriously good speakers, at amazing prices. My discus 116 were about $100 a pair, and kicked the shit out of my $150 boston acoustics i used to have.

if anyone has info on putting woofers in that space in the rear seats, id really appreciate it, even if its theoretical or an opinion.

peace

Laxpunker

Eh, Kicker's overpriced for what it is. Don't get me, they're good subs, however I tend to see people getting them because main stream has deemed them cool, as opposed to their actual performance.

Still, with two 12's in your trunk I bet you've pissed your neighbors off quite thoroughly...damn hooligans.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I just hooked up my cd player today along with some speakers. It was a pain in the ass though. I broke my switch for my lights so I had to fix that. I had a short somwhere that was making all the music cut out. I finally found it and got it all working. It sounds good and is good to have some music again. I do love having a stereo because I love music. I got some Cerwin Vegs 12 inch subs waiting to be hooked up. I got everything to do it but I haven't got to it. I had to get the cd player and other shit hooked up first. When it's all hooked up this is what I'll have.

Alpine CD player
Orion EQ
Apline 5 1/4
Alpine 6x9
Rockford Fosgate 500 watt amp
(2) Cerwin Vega subwoofers

It will sound good for sure.

Last edited:

SnowMayne420

Right now I have a Oz Audio Power 15.1, which peaks at 8,000 watts, and is 15 inches in diameter. It's by far the best subwoofer I've ever owned, and probably in the top 2 or 3 that I've personally heard. I'm working on getting a new headunit, which should be pretty sick.

G

i got a pioneer cd head unit(don't know the model #)
rockford fosgate power 800 (sickest amp ever imo) searched for 2 years b4 i found it.
2 15" kicker comp vr's in a 12 cubic ft. box split down the middle so it's 2x 6 cubic ft.
personally made by me out of 3/4" mdf w/ 2 4" ports and carpeted.
jbl components across the board off a coustic 400w amp.
sony x-over.
not to mention the 20" rims, 2-3 lowering kit and the works........
in my 95' chevy blazer.
you can hear my 158db's 1/2 mile away!

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Hell yeh I roll SQ. Modest whip w lovely sound. Proper install and fine tuning just like a room full of sour homies!

DrFever

Veteran
I used to have some serious gear in my toys when i was younger 18" JBL loaded subs 4000 watts 2000 watts in mids 1000 watts in high end talk about clear sound :)

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
On stage JBL 6.5 components. Ms-62c. Amazing quality, modest price

Rear fill, pyle 8" raw midrange drivers. Sealed back 8ohm design. Bridged mono, and crazy inexpensive

Those 4 speakers driven by a tiny soundstream 4 channel class D. Tn4-900.d not to be taken lightly, the guts are same as some $$$ amp

Single 10" alpine type R sealed, JL 500/1 mono amp that is A/B design. With bass knob. Trunk is deadened, sounds fantastic

I'm using a pioneer double din touch screen. App radio, all music streamed from iPhone no cd's any more!

Very peaceful homies

psyphish

Veteran
I recently changed cars and had a system installed. Rainbow Germanium 6.5" two way component speakers and a 12" ground zero hydrogen in a sealed box. I'm powering all of it with two Ground Zero Uranium 2 channel amps and a 2 farad capacitor. I'm using a cheap-ish 2-din Pioneer headunit. The pressure levels aren't as high as I had hoped, changing from two 12" ground zero radioactive SPL subs.

Last edited: