What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats wrong with my plants?

G

this is happening on the bottom leaves on 3 of my plants. i have a feeling if i dont fix whatever it is its going to just eat up the whole plant from bottom on up. need help please

G

i fed her alaska fish fertilizer last night 1/3 strength. i also have bone meal i dont know which to use. or should i just get tomato food?

S

Space Ghost

that is either a magnesium defficiency or a really jacked up ph. Test your ph (feed and run-off). To help the Mg def. add 2 teaspoons of epsum salt to a gallon or water, ph adjust and use.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The very bottom set of leaves are supposed to fall off the plant after it has become established. The less light they get the quicker they will die and fall off. How does the rest of the plant look?

G

the rest of the plant looks wonderfull and healthy. but... they dont look that happy, if that makes sense. i dont have a ph tester yet i gotta get one. just use regular salt?

S

Space Ghost

no no, regular salt is NaCl (which will kill plants in high doses) and epsum salt is MgSO4, something totally different.

G

im going to sit in the grow room and read to the babies. i think that might make a difference. :pointlaug

southpaw

Holy crap, mine have got that exact same thing going on. I figured it was mold from some misting I was doing (stupid idea), but I'll give them some Mg next time around just in case.

G

ok appreciate it. im not too worried about it anymore ive calmed down alot and after an unbiased look at the babies again(1month old) ive decided theyre just fine, i just gotta get a timer and cut the hours cuz ive had them at 24/0 since day 1 and i think they need a little rest. ill put em 18/6

KYHomeGrown

my advise is to just when you first place them in soil is to make sure there is no or almost no additives (ferts.) and feed with just water first then a little superthrive...doesnt really answer your question but that has never failed for me!

G

St0n3r said:
is it better to go 18/6? i might put mine on a timer tomorrow.
with my plants, we'll find out. but im trying to preserve my ballast, lower heat and suspicion caused by electricity :crazy:

G

Its also normal as the plant grows in height for the bottom leaves to yellow and die from lack of light,if all the other leaves are healthy I'd say its pretty normal

Latest posts

Latest posts