What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

aeroponics clone machine?

anybody try the clone king machine from amazon....i got one and it blows...olg school humidity dome and a tray ith promix...and rootech gel...let me now who's tried to use one and results and also others using bubble/aero machines....

Well i switched back to the tradish way of cloning and already had success...now i got over confident and im damping off now...well anyways...

WHAT KIND OF TEMPS? I SAID FUCK THAT THING AND WENT STRAIGHT PERLITE AND DOME AND BEEN DOIN BETTER SINCE THE SWITCH....NOT 1 WITH THE CLONE KING

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I got my EZ-Cloner 30 I had awesome success for about 3 years. Since then it's been fairly good but every once in a while I can't get shit to root.

I'm guessing my water quality has something to do with my success/failure ratio as I typically use hard tap water.

I've experienced good results once again using the dead res method of cloning.
It works pretty damn fine from my point of view. Without using the dead res method, H2O temps are probably going to cause issues,

Lyfespan

i love mine i get roots in 3-5 days, i actually have 3 of the 64 site, and 3 of the 36 site. ebay had them cheaper in sets of 2btw

i have no idea what the temps are i never check, sometimes its really hot 90+ and sometimes its cold 70ish

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use a cycle timer on mine (15 on 15 off). The propagation area it's in is on 18/6 light schedule. Ambient temps in area are 67F-72F. Temp of rez stays around 70F. Only thing i put in rez is an air stone and some bloom nutes at around 1/8 strength. I keep the pH between 6.0-6.2 Cuts stay nice and green with no yellowing at all and they usually take 10 days to root.

Because my rez temps are so low, I never get any slime or bacteria. I only top off the rez with same strength nute solution and I only clean it every three months or so. I run a perpetual grow so I always have rooted and unrooted cuts in cloner.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I run 4 of the 25 site ones. 2 running for 2+yrs. Use dip n grow cloning solution. Pony up the 10.00, it's good for up to 1000 cuttings, roots faster than 10 other cloning dips/gels/ect I've tried in 4 yrs.

One strain, 3 days from cut I have nubs, 5 days a beard, 8 days I pot in solo cups.

damn you guys are doing something right...i had all my conditions correct..just no luck...although my water comes out at 7....tried 3 diffrent batches of about 25 and no luc out of 75...went back to promix and dome and roots in 7-10 days repotting at about 15 days and all is good...just dont now what was up...

Herb Al Cure

Built my own cloning bucket and have had great success until I chose to clone a sativa then all hell went down, I have heard that they don't clone well and have to wait a long time to see roots popping. My Indica's are beautiful and really do well. My Ph is 6.5 constantly sprayed with the pump in 75-80 degree temps. My mother plant for Sativa is an extra from each session of cloning that provides children for the new cycle. The only thing I can say is that my Sativa has been cloned dozen and dozens of time, perhaps its running out of juice? Any help would be appreciated

mango420

If your ambient temps are lower than in the mid 70's it will take forever to get roots or they will not root at all. You need to add a water heater to dial in the temps. 75-80 and you will have roots in 7 days. Also you have to clean and bleach your cloner after every use or you will get rot.

U

useless.gardens

I use a cycle timer on mine (15 on 15 off). The propagation area it's in is on 18/6 light schedule. Ambient temps in area are 67F-72F. Temp of rez stays around 70F. Only thing i put in rez is an air stone and some bloom nutes at around 1/8 strength. I keep the pH between 6.0-6.2 Cuts stay nice and green with no yellowing at all and they usually take 10 days to root.

Because my rez temps are so low, I never get any slime or bacteria. I only top off the rez with same strength nute solution and I only clean it every three months or so. I run a perpetual grow so I always have rooted and unrooted cuts in cloner.

you still doing it exactly like this?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Still doing it just like it. Although, cuts have been taking a little longer to root. My guess would be when they were rooting in 10 days the RH was 60%. Now since winter is here, the RH is 30%...sometimes lower. But hey, they're still rooting. :yes:

Started thinking about maybe coming up with a way to throw a humidity dome on that thing for when the humidity drops, but havent come up with anything yet.