What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sending clones - best way

Katsu

Veteran
what is best way try to root those received cuts? cup of water, rockwool or soil?

I recut them (90 degree), dip the stem in water and then in rooting hormone (I use the really cheap powder), and stick the cutting into a slightly moist plug or rockwool cube

The secret to getting roots quickly is to keep the medium just moist enough so it's not dry, and to start hardening off the cuts after 3 days in the dome. The roots are a survival mechanism you're triggering in the cut - the closer you can bring the cut to death without actually killing it the faster you'll get roots.

I like to let my cuts wilt without the dome, then mist with a bit of water and redome - do this often. squeeze out any excess water from plugs and cubes...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I recut them (90 degree), dip the stem in water and then in rooting hormone (I use the really cheap powder), and stick the cutting into a slightly moist plug or rockwool cube

The secret to getting roots quickly is to keep the medium just moist enough so it's not dry, and to start hardening off the cuts after 3 days in the dome. The roots are a survival mechanism you're triggering in the cut - the closer you can bring the cut to death without actually killing it the faster you'll get roots.

I like to let my cuts wilt without the dome, then mist with a bit of water and redome - do this often. squeeze out any excess water from plugs and cubes...

What is your quarantine treatment for recieving cuts?

Katsu

Veteran
If you have concerns, I would keep them under a dome in a completely separate area until you've had a chance to vet them. You can give them a soap/water and critter dip, too - it's been a long time since I've needed to worry about the quality of the cuts I'm bringing in to my garden but there's lots of info on the boards about this and recommended products...

What is your quarantine treatment for recieving cuts?