What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Crazy Chester

but i'm sure @Crazy Chester has said his cut is traceable back to obsoul33t which is the same as csi's (white trash redneck) and that is known to be a different plant to the brightside...
Then again - maybe not. White trash redneck could have gotten more than one clone from quejo - even if quejo wanted to scam him, quejo could have made a mistake and one of them could have been the real clone that then could have been passed by him to Obsoul33t.

There's also the possibility that the Obsoul33t got the real cut later - if the one he initially got wasn't real - or, Subcool, or the other TGA grower in the chain of custody to me could have gotten the real one after they got the clone white trash redneck gave out.

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
na bro...of the hill/cheese farmer and brightside are 2 different people 100%... brightside (Brian) has passed way now i heard and the reason he was called brightside was because of the monty python song from life of brian....R.I.P brightside man.... legend
Hold up so wing commander blue was brightside (rip)?

I thought someone from the weed world story was brightside…

Wcb wrote the article and mentioned his friend of the hill that arranged for a cutting to go to exodus crew. That person is cheese farmer on uk420

4ACF77BF-FBFF-4C35-966E-82EE465BC22C.jpeg

bimblebrains_1

Hold up so wing commander blue was brightside (rip)?

I thought someone from the weed world story was brightside…

Wcb wrote the article and mentioned his friend of the hill that arranged for a cutting to go to exodus crew. That person is cheese farmer on uk420

View attachment 18874944
brightside got the plant passed to him at the manor (exodus squat), cheesefarmer/of the hill is a different person,he passed the plant to the crew,wing comm is the guy who originally passed it to cheesefarmer/of the hill....
cool post to share bro,always interesting stuff reading back on what important peeps in the story have to say...
Hows she looking now then @shishkaboy you stinking up the block with that harvest yet? haha

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
brightside got the plant passed to him at the manor (exodus squat), cheesefarmer/of the hill is a different person,he passed the plant to the crew,wing comm is the guy who originally passed it to cheesefarmer/of the hill....
cool post to share bro,always interesting stuff reading back on what important peeps in the story have to say...
Hows she looking now then @shishkaboy you stinking up the block with that harvest yet? haha
Ok so WCB gets credit for popping the seeds and selecting the plant from 4 girls

He clones it and passed it to his friends…

One of his friends was “of the hill/cheesefarmer” that took the cheese to exodus…

I’m the other thread CF says there was only one cheese.

Then they show him the psychosis pics and tell him some possible backstories.
D47D6549-FBFE-494C-8EB1-F89C9E92F556.jpeg

psychosis is a nl5 x haze…😂😂😂

Then CF assures everyone that all that is bollocks and there was only one cheese clone passed out up until at least the split.

8A07FA63-BB5E-4D9D-A87C-A4CED5879496.jpeg

But how could he be so sure if he just learned the psychosis existed?

D4BC7945-B6A1-4196-A8A5-383645C4A525.jpeg

Then a dude comes in a talks about how at some point the exodus crew used the cheese in a few crosses like and how they never even kept the original because the grow room wasn’t built yet.

Cheese x nl
Cheese x afghan/haze
Cheese x skunk 1

and those clones were passed out as cheese 1,2 and 3

Cf dispelled it as a myth and says he still had his in 2012 because there is only one.

Then he’s told more about the psychosis

and admits there may have been a mix up with a mutual friend…

I started a thread on a different forum and a guy came in challenging the weed world article so I asked where he was getting that info and he gave me a link to that thread.

I read bits and pieces of it in here from some of the people actually I’m the thread but this was new info to me…

As far as my plant

Just chopped her. It seemed like she stopped growing at 68 in my room but my shit ain’t perfect…

Attachments

• C3C32291-6321-4D67-808A-8A0297ED3A38.jpeg
    C3C32291-6321-4D67-808A-8A0297ED3A38.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 2B9CE171-82F8-48FF-84CC-0B3830D995C0.jpeg
    2B9CE171-82F8-48FF-84CC-0B3830D995C0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • C6EAACED-AD19-4FD3-B538-820B0C6E6814.jpeg
    C6EAACED-AD19-4FD3-B538-820B0C6E6814.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 55

bimblebrains_1

Ok so WCB gets credit for popping the seeds and selecting the plant from 4 girls

He clones it and passed it to his friends…

One of his friends was “of the hill/cheesefarmer” that took the cheese to exodus…

I’m the other thread CF says there was only one cheese.

Then they show him the psychosis pics and tell him some possible backstories.
View attachment 18875086
psychosis is a nl5 x haze…😂😂😂

Then CF assures everyone that all that is bollocks and there was only one cheese clone passed out up until at least the split.

View attachment 18875104

But how could he be so sure if he just learned the psychosis existed?

View attachment 18875105

Then a dude comes in a talks about how at some point the exodus crew used the cheese in a few crosses like and how they never even kept the original because the grow room wasn’t built yet.

Cheese x nl
Cheese x afghan/haze
Cheese x skunk 1

and those clones were passed out as cheese 1,2 and 3

Cf dispelled it as a myth and says he still had his in 2012 because there is only one.

Then he’s told more about the psychosis

and admits there may have been a mix up with a mutual friend…

I started a thread on a different forum and a guy came in challenging the weed world article so I asked where he was getting that info and he gave me a link to that thread.

I read bits and pieces of it in here from some of the people actually I’m the thread but this was new info to me…

As far as my plant

Just chopped her. It seemed like she stopped growing at 68 in my room but my shit ain’t perfect…
wow you been on a deep dive finding this stuff bro,well done...i totally believe the exodus bunch rarely passed out the real deal,brightside was a good friend of theirs and thats why he got the one....i dunno how many of you have lived in squats and lived the free party rave lifestyle,i have and its fucking chaotic and crazy shit happens all the time...just because cf says there was only one 'cheese' being passed around i dont think we should take it as gospel...even if he lived at the manor(which he didnt) then do we really think he knew or kept tabs on everyone and everything going on? i think not....that and people on a lot of drugs probably aint the best at labeling plants

4kali

my 4k cut the one I thought was the original exodus cheese clone, after giving her out to a few of the older heads they determined she was not the original, very similar to wing commander blues pictures? the guys that tried her said that even though she's cheesy she has too much of a berry back ground,
what I will say is that she was a hell of a lot more cheese earthy in her early days but over the years morphed, what wing commander says about is experience in how plants change over time is very true 100% because when you hold a clone for donkeys years you see it yourself with your own eyes, I don't speak shit I just say it as it is. so anyone doubting wcbs
statement on such things take note
Screenshot_20230526_233011_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20230526_232914_Firefox.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230526_232857_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230526_232857_Firefox.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

XLNordic

I'm well pissed i lost my exodus clone, but theres good news as i did outcross her to a few different males, all a need is to find the best and start some serious breeding. At least i had it for a few years, i must have got mn in 2006-8. I only sent out a few seeds for test grows to about 10 people most local to me and a few on here, and that was Big Cheese exodus x F1 Chronic and that turned out great, shame things went tits up for me with my housing association finding my veg/clone/mother room the flowering room was directly behind them and they didn't even open it. No police got involved as i made up a load of crap about a gang will kill me, so i got a warning for about 60 plants. My ars hole was twitching like a mother fucker.
If you cant get it back im starting a Cheese Project later m8 and if i find something useful ill send it to you.
Just managed to order some Kalimans Cheese regulars which Ive heard is Exodus x Blues in seed form, ill be getting some Ugorg f3 Cheese later, and i have bought some other Cheese fem strains also so there should be plenty of opportunity for pheno hunt later.

Right now i have my hands full with the outdoors but my new indoor room will be busy this winter 😉

Ps
I also had the Blues cut back in the day but lost it 😰

Arkansux

Ark
I believe your cheese was sourced by bacchus put out by OutKast (R.I.P.)
If this helps at all
That makes since...

I was given a sack of uk cheese from T.O.H in the hotel room when we all got together to smoke after the steak house, I was so impressed with the strength of the smell I had Sharon the blue send me the cut , I grew it out and it was the same weed that t.o.h gave me , Sharon most likely got his from t.o.h / outkast

Arkansux

when the weather cools I'll send some free cuts(possibly rooted) to a cpl people in the states, I just ask that u pass it on for free to the next person who wants it.

My best advice is grow it under leds , besides my led spots I still got 2 single ended 1000w hps w/ hortilux bulbs going at one of them, the ammont of smell from the monoterps the uv makes the plant put off is super strong , like it goes threw house and concrete walls.

goingrey

when the weather cools I'll send some free cuts(possibly rooted) to a cpl people in the states, I just ask that u pass it on for free to the next person who wants it.

My best advice is grow it under leds , besides my led spots I still got 2 single ended 1000w hps w/ hortilux bulbs going at one of them, the ammont of smell from the monoterps the uv makes the plant put off is super strong , like it goes threw house and concrete walls.
Are you saying HPS makes stronger smelling Cheese buds or LED does? It's confusing because the recommendation might be for odor control but Cheese seekers are surely looking for the strongest possible smell. And adding to the confusion neither light is a source of UV (there are special UV LEDs but in general). Or do you mean the IR (heat) from the HPS evaporates the terpenes resulting in an odor control nightmare with actually less smell on the eventual bud?

bimblebrains_1

regarding the psychosis...was reading thru the screen shots that shishkaboy posted from uk420 and in one of them farmer g gives accounts of 2 of origin stories of the cut...dont know about the first one,it being an nl5 x haze sport pheno but the one about them making the cross to the afghan and bx to the blues clone in 1992 is very doubtful,dont think the exo crew actually got the cheese until the late 90's and wing comm says the seeds sk1 seeds were popped late 80's /early 90's,people say 89 but i think that was pulled out of thin air..hell was the blues even popped and shared before 92 ....now thinking about it the one about it being an nl5 x haze i can believe,maybe she is just an nl5 leaning pheno,entirely possible i'd say.....i think that alot of stuff over years is infact just renamed or at least hybrids of NL....Neville said when saw og for the first time that it was just his nl2 x kush4 for instance,i also strongly suspect the chem family to be of nl lineage also.....when the dronkers took over sensi they renamed nl2 hindu kush,the list goes on... cheers bimble

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
regarding the psychosis...was reading thru the screen shots that shishkaboy posted from uk420 and in one of them farmer g gives accounts of 2 of origin stories of the cut...dont know about the first one,it being an nl5 x haze sport pheno but the one about them making the cross to the afghan and bx to the blues clone in 1992 is very doubtful,dont think the exo crew actually got the cheese until the late 90's and wing comm says the seeds sk1 seeds were popped late 80's /early 90's,people say 89 but i think that was pulled out of thin air..hell was the blues even popped and shared before 92 ....now thinking about it the one about it being an nl5 x haze i can believe,maybe she is just an nl5 leaning pheno,entirely possible i'd say.....i think that alot of stuff over years is infact just renamed or at least hybrids of NL....Neville said when saw og for the first time that it was just his nl2 x kush4 for instance,i also strongly suspect the chem family to be of nl lineage also.....when the dronkers took over sensi they renamed nl2 hindu kush,the list goes on... cheers bimble
How could it be a bx anyways?
When he says bx does he mean backcross?

Cheese x afghan (sounds like big Buddha cheese)

Cross that to blues?

goingrey

How could it be a bx anyways?
When he says bx does he mean backcross?

Cheese x afghan (sounds like big Buddha cheese)

Cross that to blues?
If Cheese and Blues are the same strain (Skunk #1), then it would technically be a backcross.

backcross, the mating of a hybrid organism (offspring of genetically unlike parents) with one of its parents or with an organism genetically similar to the parent

GlandualFever

Blues in the 80s is a myth. London never saw Blues until late 2010 maybe thats even early. Blueberry was mid 2000 (maybe 2005 Holland had the real deal Blueberry hybrid not the Indica dom Paradise release) with DJ Short gear working with Paradise? Remember in Europe our primary source of genetics for the most part was Netherlands. Follow the availability of seeds and u solve the puzzle.

Haz Manor occupants having NL and SP in 90s is plausible timeline wise, (when did Nevil start selling Silver Pearl at the seedbank) so crossing Cheese to these would be possible only after popping both NL and SP. Breeding doesnt happen overnight. Receiving cheese clones meant having to find a suitable Sire to pollinate them. I first met Exo cheese in 2006/7 after the Rhino became the staple round these ways. Shortly after the cheese started to overtake and dominate the cuttings market. The Viets started working with her even. Then Buddha, then Blue Cheese. Didnt hear the term blues n livers till well into 2010 or whenever UGORG started breeding. Brightside became a popular name from IC, nobody referenced her as that.

Cheese never became blue until well into 2007/8 onwards. The original cheese wasnt even called Exo until imposters started surfacing, all around the time Buddha started with his Afghan cross. Blues and Livers are definitely blue influenced, and less cheese than the original Exodus. Besides Exo was illuminous lime green the other cuts darker, bluer, redder, and less invasive on the nose.

Nobody mentions the leaf variegation on cheese, which if memory serves it also had. Double serration yatta yatta, yes but that's also common in many hybrids of similar ancestry. What about the variegation? And the tell tale purple striped stems.

GlandualFever

Blues in the 80s is a myth. London never saw Blues until late 2010 maybe thats even early. Blueberry was mid 2000 (maybe 2005 Holland had the real deal Blueberry hybrid not the Indica dom Paradise release) with DJ Short gear working with Paradise? Remember in Europe our primary source of genetics for the most part was Netherlands. Follow the availability of seeds and u solve the puzzle.

Haz Manor occupants having NL and SP in 90s is plausible timeline wise, (when did Nevil start selling Silver Pearl at the seedbank) so crossing Cheese to these would be possible only after popping both NL and SP. Breeding doesnt happen overnight. Receiving cheese clones meant having to find a suitable Sire to pollinate them. I first met Exo cheese in 2006/7 after the Rhino became the staple round these ways. Shortly after the cheese started to overtake and dominate the cuttings market. The Viets started working with her even. Then Buddha, then Blue Cheese. Didnt hear the term blues n livers till well into 2010 or whenever UGORG started breeding. Brightside became a popular name from IC, nobody referenced her as that.

Cheese never became blue until well into 2007/8 onwards. The original cheese wasnt even called Exo until imposters started surfacing, all around the time Buddha started with his Afghan cross. Blues and Livers are definitely blue influenced, and less cheese than the original Exodus. Besides Exo was illuminous lime green the other cuts darker, bluer, redder, and less invasive on the nose.

Nobody mentions the leaf variegation on cheese, which if memory serves it also had. Double serration yatta yatta, yes but that's also common in many hybrids of similar ancestry. What about the variegation? And the tell tale purple striped stems.
To summarise, its highly likely that cheese was. Crossed to both nl and sp, and then later possibly even blueberry. My theory is that they had to work with regs so would rely on what was commercially available at that time. If we narrow timeline from 88 - 2005 it helps to put things in perspective ad to how they may have changed. My 2p worth here, hope it provided some food for thought. apologies if its repetition.