What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I choose radio or televison any day! anyone else feel that way?

kezark31

I don't have nor do I want cable or dish. I'm very content with my everlasting mix of tunes. I don't know it been a few years since i had cable cant say I miss it. anyone one else choose this option? dont get it twisted i do have a T.V same one I've had for 10 years lol I have my Pc hooked up so I watch netflix if the need arises but ain't much on there either. Youtube is my main player for music, unless in then it what the radio plays. don't have time to DJ when I'm wrenching

G

Watch out, 2016 presidential shit storm is about to wind up. Your radio is going to turn into a advertising nightmare. I'm going to spring for bluetooth soon so I can avoid both the politics and the holiday music.
Bah,
Humbug

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
nope I like satellite and internet broadband att...yeehaw..Netflix too..with free wifi everywhere why not..my laptop is 17.5...and I got 2 diff boost antennas for it ..I listen to radio in car only for most part..do watch some youtube too now an then

amanda88

420giveaway
years ago the song went ..'Video killed the Radio star ..!' now its '..The WW killed the TV star..'

I hope, as for years many viewers are having to put up with real crap,
and on the web you can get an app that removes adds unlike the TV,
the TV guys know they are going bust, and are linking to the web at every opportunity

I like my cat so last night my cat and I watched a tv show about cats,
and yeah all of it, every frame was stolen from youtube, think about that... free content,
then sell it to your local tv station for big bucks, theres a crime here,

more so in the UK if you don't have that tv licence, of to the death camp you go..!

my 2c and rage ...lol

The only cable company pulled out of my little town 2+ years ago. The only option is satellite or over the air TV. My TVs are too old to tune in digital channels, and since I do not have nor want an antenna, using a converter for over the air TV is out.
I have Dish ONLY to keep the wife happy...and to me there isn't crap on it.
I am perfectly happy watching on-line, torrent downloads, and I listen to AM talk radio for news and talk shows and the internet for multiple news outlets.

N

noyd666

we have the bloody lot but I get more enjoyment listening to my old wireless at the grow room. the silence at night when I turn the fuken tv off is golden.
picture.php

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
we have the bloody lot but I get more enjoyment listening to my old wireless at the grow room. the silence at night when I turn the fuken tv off is golden.
yeah right :biggrin:,, ya up the shed with ya old VCR watching old episodes of prisoner c block h and the Sullivan's ,,lol

N

NewAgeGenetics

fck tv and radio! I watch only movies on pc and listen my own track collection in the car!

no need that fckin brainwash anymore from tv and radio.

you can read the news online too.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Don't listen to the radio or watch tv. I have Netflix and a shitload of DVDs to watch on my PC. In the car, I listen to my mp3 player.

It's the damn commercials I can't abide. :noway:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I like the streaming non commercial music sites.

Soma FM among others. I like the HD DVR for the satellite tv
for the time shift and advertisement skip.

If only I had the time to sit and enjoy it, lol.

bakedline

i turn off the tv every chance i get, sometimes i use netflix sometimes most of my entertainment is from rdio did you know eric clapton and sting were related?!

waveguide

Veteran
turn it all off..

interesting that people think psychic is a load of hogwash and they want tv and/or radio,

when in reality, tv and/or radio is a whole lot more like hogwash

why aren't you good at psychic? you may as well ask, why do you keep paying attention to some insensate drivel?

pay attention to reality, that way you can start living in it. your presence is required. well, maybe not you, the one with the head full of tv and/or radio. you stay there, and leave us alone tyvm.

the logic of it all is so mysterious eh.

but i'm sure tv and/or radio tells you not to pay attention to things like this. go buy some acme.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
turn it all on ..there is a tv in every room hooked to satellite....yeehaw...theres music channels too..and the dvr is great for ff through commercials...if its nice out that's where I am ...outside

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I agree Stonedtrout, I have dish, DVR, WiFi, the whole nine, but if it isn't terrible outside that's where I'm at!

I watch racing mostly, all kinds. And sports, but the history channel, discovery, etc are great. So many places I will never see, very educational as well!

waveguide

Veteran
turn it all on ..there is a tv in every room hooked to satellite....yeehaw...theres music channels too..and the dvr is great for ff through commercials...if its nice out that's where I am ...outside

the best thing is, you just get the entertainment, without having to think of all that vampiric cultural energy transference sucking the life out of the planet so you can have some electronic bullshit in your ear.

all those invisible space vampires love that shit, because it's so unconscious.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I live in a canyon and get lousy Cell Phone reception..

I live in a canyon and get lousy Cell Phone reception..

I have more than 2700 songs on my iTunes. Mostly loaded from my CD Music Collection.

I mostly listen to my iTunes except I listen to the Radio in the evening when I am in the spa on my hill.

I don't watch much T.V. but we've got lot's of channels :)

amanda88

420giveaway
In the movie 'Matchstick men' Nic Cages daughter turns to her father and says
'its OK I'll watch TV while you're out...'

next line she says

'Wheres ya TV..? you don't have a TV..?

I think thats just funny as, to be middle class with no TV in our world is seen as deficient ..lol ..?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I prefer silence and the sounds of nature....yeehaw ..but when at home I take advantage of all of todays technology...I could easily put water proof speakers in my kayak if I didn't appreciate the silence and nature...heavy metal does indeed attract sharks tho....so I am considering it for them times

sprinkl

Veteran
Got rid of my digital cable box and my analog cable connection as well, saves me about €40 a month not to mention all the hours of my life I'm no longer wasting by watching crap I don't really care for. Now I watch crap I do care for. I feel blessed.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420giveaway
No cable box here, but I do have netflix, ,amazon prime, hulu plus, and rabbit TV. Oh yeah, over the air digital tv when I want to catch a commercial filled live program like NFL football....torrents kickass too.
So I have most content that cable offers at about a 1/3 the cost of cable.

For music, I use Spotify with access to millions of songs, no commercials.

I Love tech here. The web, used with some forethought, is a great tool.

Latest posts

Latest posts