What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the likelihood of being mugged in the weed business?

KONY

Veteran
Odds of being mugged? Pretty low, muggings are normally walking down the street and random crimes of opportunity.

Odds of being ripped off when you are away, or fronting someone weed and not getting your money; much greater but these odds can be minimized greatly by rule number 1 and 2.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
30plus years and still going ....better safe than sorry...and yes I have seen dead people...I don't loose any sleep over it..yeehaw

S

sourpuss

Those IMHO are awful suggestions. The fewer people who know where your stash is at, the less likely it is to get grabbed. Also the same goes for the fewer people that know. Stoners can become quite the oceans 11 crew with a couple of P's at the end of the rainbow

Is the guy a grower? Dont think he stated that... I think he works for a grower as a delivery guy. No?

MIMedHead

It's very high if your a dumb ass and conduct business like a dumb ass. It's very low of your smart and deal with professionals.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Yeah, Oakland County and especially Macomb has some losers, I know, but nothing compared to the inner city.

It is a definite tightwalk, here. Cause as we all know, Metro Detroit People can go "From Zero to Kill-You" in 3 seconds. but,
much of it is attitude. Having said that with so many weapons here, and CCW;s, it is unwise to piss people off. Quite a balancing act.

Thanks, I agree I am much more suited to up north. I feel very good up there, always have. As teens we practically spent all summer up there. Without parents.
And after over the last 10 + years in rural NorCal, obviously the clusterfuck nature of life in the Metro is horrendous.

I know too many people (including myself) have this capacity.

I can tell if someone is trying to manipulate me, doesn't matter the circumstances.

I feel intent other peoples negative intensely, always have, right in my stomach.

Not much different than some people's dogs.

Second all that and more. It's all in the eyes, and tone. People are challenged to hide it. haha

It is called EMPATHY, and it is not wimpy. It gives us an edge in ALL matters, and confidence to deal with anything. Also, experience is the best teacher. And some of us have Piled on the Experiences in our lives.. I am not trippin' cause if it aint right, I simply opt out, but no one ever sees me sweat. No one knows anything about Me that can locate them to me.

Personal Power, and confidence. Calm, and lack of Reactive thinking. Being prepared, but not anxious. That is the key. Go gluten free, watch your adrenalin response lessen by 50-75%. Thus allowing for a clearer mind, unclouded by unnecessary shoulds and should nots. Inner Dialogue. People can sense this and will look for another victim that is easier pickings. Intensify your energy, be direct. It works to disarm people. We are all primal creatures inside, some are in touch with it, some not. But it is still there. Dormant.

Weird is a mad genius, like MANY people on IC MAG - in fact many stoners, in general. Ya ain't gonna pull anything over his eyes, or people like Him. But go and try, it adds comedy to the thread.

Time to go address the "Girls." Few hours of work in veg, clone, trim/cleanup and flower to do. It's a tough job being a top notch grower, and also following all IMPORTANT protocols to remain as safe as possible. I.E. Today, I purchased a used amp, electric guitar + Effects module. Will I rock out on 11, in my neighborhood...? Before I move up to an acre or 30..? I wish I could but will not. You get it...

Luckily, I am quite clear on how much I love this lifestyle.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Just checking in to see if anyone got mugged yet.

Not sure if this counts but i had a reasonably close call to a mugging. Last night i was leaving the hardware store with a bag of blood & bone when some "brutha's" (see earlier in thread for the brutha's entrance) leered at me and changed their direction as they came in my vicinity. Fearing for the safety of my 2kg $9.95 bag of B&B, i broke into a sprint just 20metres from my car. The brutha's were not expecting this move and were quite taken aback by my unorthodox play.

Needless to say i definitely escaped a close mugging call there

stay safe peeps
darth

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
It's very high if your a dumb ass and conduct business like a dumb ass. It's very low of your smart and deal with professionals.

Yeah but dumbasses do not know they're dumbasses. Infact dumbasses usually think they are very smart. Makes me want to stab

Last edited:

hom

Veteran
If people see a weakness or an easy oppertunity, some folks will act on it. Just don't go mouthing around the place about your grow. Thats the clincher. If you stay below the radar chances are higher that you can keep the business shifting. If you believe yourself to be a bit of a Tony montana, you're fucked. Bravado and boasting are the 2 main downfalls. If your business is growing too fast and your supplying too many people, then your name gets bandied about in the wrong circles and you may be due a "visit". Its not only thieves we have to worry about over here...or the cops....we have fuckin loads of armed vigilante anti drugs groups here and also the paramilitary groups are killing drug dealers all over the country, stealing the drugs and reselling them and buying arms. Now if that's not an incentive to keep it quiet, I don't know what is. Also, these guys don't fuck around so if you somehow make it onto their list it's time to move outta the country. Dont bring a banana to a bazooka fight. It don't matter how tough you think you are, or even if you taught Bruce Lee how to box the heads of people. Even Bruce couldn't dodge bullets.

you and my dog

you and my dog

I know too many people (including myself) have this capacity.

I can tell if someone is trying to manipulate me, doesn't matter the circumstances.

I feel intent other peoples negative intensely, always have, right in my stomach.

Not much different than some people's dogs.

my dog could be sleeping with tv and stereo blasting, kids playing outside, grandma coming and going next door, but let one grown man walk down the sidewalk and she shoots straight up and barks her way to the window until he's out of the neighborhood, 6th sense, esp, physical perception, I don't know, but I know she has "it"

jd4083

Veteran
Not sure if this counts but i had a reasonably close call to a mugging. Last night i was leaving the hardware store with a bag of blood & bone when some "brutha's" (see earlier in thread for the brutha's entrance) leered at me and changed their direction as they came in my vicinity. Fearing for the safety of my 2kg $9.95 bag of B&B, i broke into a sprint just 20metres from my car. The brutha's were not expecting this move and were quite taken aback by my unorthodox play.

Needless to say i definitely escaped a close mugging call there

stay safe peeps
darth

I bet you would feel really bad if you knew that they were just going to ask for tips on soil amendments for their orchids

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Of course where you are...makes all the difference too. We all know every community has the "bad side of town"...where crime is a wee bit more rampant than any where else. So why do biz there? If you do biz at Starbucks...then select a "safe one"...or identify the "benefits" of one location over another.

In my prior life (late 70s), my after hours "office" was a Denny's Restaurant with easy freeway access. Best part was, you could count on having at least one highway patrol every hour or so for coffee, so in essence LEO was my "security guard" and motivated my "clientele" to not try to fuck up the deal or hang around afterwords...lol. Those were crazy days!

S

sourpuss

Heres a rule a successful friend did it for a long time. Rule is anyone new is vouched for by previous trusted clients. Basically its their ass if soandso fucks around. People tend to not bring the scum around...

One Love 731

Veteran
Studies show that everybody in the "Biz" will at some point meet death. Quit being a pussy, get out there and get yours!1:ying:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread is too funny.

But in all seriousness,
If yer skeerd it shows...
If the opportunists are around,
watch the fuck out...

Be confident but don't be a fool.

T

tropicannayeah

Just checking in to see if anyone got mugged yet.

Yes, me...daily

I get mugged by my kids every time I walk in through the front door!