What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the likelihood of being mugged in the weed business?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
In the "D" many people refuse to deal with anyone who possesses a 313 area code. 'Nuff said. It's reality folks, and we do not cloud these issues on ICMAG>

If anything EVER Feels wrong. Abort. Period.

JointOperation

a friend of mine.. was dealing with this dude for a few years.. and he always got a zip at a time.. at the time . my boy i was selling it to was getting it 4k a lb.. he went to sell the zip.. and the kid grabbed the steering wheel.. and caused an accident.. the kid ran with the oz.. and my boy got no$$. and a smashed up car.. and learned a very good lesson lol..

iuno i dont fuck with shady dudes anymore.. ive been robbed more by fronting people bud..then getting a gun pulled or anything crazy.. but ya.. people like to think .. o well hes doing better then i am. so fuck him.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
If you put any real time in as a head you would know how the game works

its called paying your dudes

nfn if you don't pay them up front your gonna pay them later

T

tropicannayeah

but I am very observant and prepared...I can almost sense a bad situation before it happens ..6th sense..

and probably like so many other ICmag members I'd like to think I can too. That 6th sense has saved me plenty of times before...and other times, I've felt that 6th sense telling me there's something wrong, I've disregarded it and forged on with gritted teeth anyway and all way good.

Many years ago I was meeting a guy in a coffee shop to drop off a kilo of hash. As usual I did a walk around the area first, but this time something was not right, I couldn't put my finger on it but that 6th sense was screaming in my ear "get the phuck outta here"..so I did another walk around, couldn't see anything so I walked into the coffee shop, did the swap over and left, still feeling the heebie-jeebies big time.

Next day I read a story in the newspaper about a huge heroin bust in the same street very close to where the coffee shop was that happened about 5 minutes after I left. I knew there was something wrong about the vibe in the street but I didn't see the undercover cops that were stacked around the area but my 6th sense did.

DarthFader1

Veteran
One wears MANY hats, as a sole proprietor. Too numerous to list here. The amount of varying tasks endless. Whatever One thinks awaits, workwise, DOUBLE it.

Shit, I will be getting up to the country soon, but for the last year, after a decade+ on 2 acres + in NorCal - Now, in the Metro Area - Another Med State - there's two houses, just a driveway away, and I manage to keep it down-low. Major balancing act. Being a good neighbor, yet keeping 'em ALL at arms length, so no one feel's it's OK to visit whenever they want. Phone calls first, or no answer door.

It takes years of experience and study. read the old-skool growers. Security practices are VERY important. No one gets to know. Very few people even know where I live. It takes a special person to put it all together. I am so careful it's absurd sometimes. But, by doing my protocols, I do not have to worry. After 12 years, I am still just as careful, but confident that if I continue such due diligence, I will 99% be OK. The horror stories in Mendo were amazing. Some were Urban Rural legends, some NOT>. Now, in da Mitten, Metro for now, gotta watch your culo even more. So many weapons, so many Bruthas. But, people are a bit more clueless than the Em Tri, to say the least. A good thing.

Oh no, not another one of these threads! These always develop bad cases of AIDS

Alot of good advice so far but i really liked this bit bolded above, pretty much sums it up for me. It also helps being 6ft + with self defence experience, a high level of fitness, as well as an absolutely zero tolerance for morons & hooliganism. Never work with retards only smart ppl, or even better work by yourself and just have one or 2 contacts.

darth

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
I never been robbed and I have grown and made people happy in a few diff states...but I am a crazy fucker and don't mind meeting my maker long as I take atleast one with me...but I am very observant and prepared...I can almost sense a bad situation before it happens ..6th sense.. I have walked away from a few deals and outright refused to deal with some folks..don't get greedy

You see dead people? :hide:

A

acridlab

In the "D" many people refuse to deal with anyone who possesses a 313 area code. 'Nuff said. It's reality folks, and we do not cloud these issues on ICMAG>

If anything EVER Feels wrong. Abort. Period.

Come on now stasis,, cats I know in the d, won't fuck with people UNLESS they have the 313...
kinda shows ur not from around, imo

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont-do-it.jpg

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Come on now stasis,, cats I know in the d, won't fuck with people UNLESS they have the 313...
kinda shows ur not from around, imo

Haha. Not. My roots in the "da Motor Shitty" go deep. I am not the only one with this sentiment. In fact, I was talking with a very accomplished grower just yesterday, who brought up this idea without prompting from me. 313 = no business deals. I have arrived at this after experiences warrant it, and that is why I do it MY (and many others) way. Same thing I did on the West Coast. Talk ebonics, Be White or Black, "Sorry, I am all out." Too many Guns in this very angry Metropolis. I take NO chances. And Thus, do not have to worry. It works.

A

acridlab

^^@stasis,,i suppose, if it works for you guys.. but for people born and raised around here, its a known fact that 75% percent of snitches in the tri county area, are in fact, from the oakland and macomb counties,, in that order..but i just read your soon to be up north,, u will do great up there.
heard mel gibson has a house in traverse city, too..

Last edited:

jd4083

Veteran
that 6th sense y'all keep talking about is just some really heady sativas speaking to you

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
that 6th sense y'all keep talking about is just some really heady sativas speaking to you

I know too many people (including myself) have this capacity.

I can tell if someone is trying to manipulate me, doesn't matter the circumstances.

I feel intent other peoples negative intensely, always have, right in my stomach.

Not much different than some people's dogs.

jd4083

Veteran
I know too many people (including myself) have this capacity.

I can tell if someone is trying to manipulate me, doesn't matter the circumstances.

I feel intent other peoples negative intensely, always have, right in my stomach.

Not much different than some people's dogs.

yeah man, for sure

if you get stoned enough all sorts of things start to sound realistic

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
yeah man, for sure

if you get stoned enough all sorts of things start to sound realistic

Let me guess your one of those growers that runs a tight ship and has very few people in their lives that know what you do like so many other growers here. right?

How does that make you expert on the other aspects of the game if your not there playing it?

But let me ask you, you think people who operate at the higher levels of the game, people who interact with others to make shit happen, you think they just roll the dice when they meet people?

You don't you think they have the capacity to read people, their character and get a feel for their current state of mind?

Slander me all you want, sounds like you lack these capacities so they simply don't exist in your mind.

fwiw we have more than 5 senses including but not limited to the sense temperature, direction as well pain, the passage of time.

jd4083

Veteran
Let me guess your one of those growers that runs a tight ship and has very few people in their lives that know what you do like so many other growers here. right?

How does that make you expert on the other aspects of the game if your not there playing it?

But let me ask you, you think people who operate at the higher levels of the game, people who interact with others to make shit happen, you think they just roll the dice when they meet people?

You don't you think they have the capacity to read people, their character and get a feel for their current state of mind?

Slander me all you want, sounds like you lack these capacities so they simply don't exist in your mind.

fwiw we have more than 5 senses including but not limited to the sense temperature, direction as well pain, the passage of time.

calm down buddy, no one is "slandering" you, just poking a little fun at the whole "third eye" thing. as the boys from across the pond say, don't get your knickers in a twist

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
These types of test have taken place of the past few decades in various forms and flavors

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...finally-discovered-evidence-psychic-phenomena

Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis
Julia Mossbridge1*, Patrizio Tressoldi2 and Jessica Utts3
1Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
2Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
3Department of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA

This meta-analysis of 26 reports published between 1978 and 2010 tests an unusual hypothesis: for stimuli of two or more types that are presented in an order designed to be unpredictable and that produce different post-stimulus physiological activity, the direction of pre-stimulus physiological activity reflects the direction of post-stimulus physiological activity, resulting in an unexplained anticipatory effect. The reports we examined used one of two paradigms: (1) randomly ordered presentations of arousing vs. neutral stimuli, or (2) guessing tasks with feedback (correct vs. incorrect). Dependent variables included: electrodermal activity, heart rate, blood volume, pupil dilation, electroencephalographic activity, and blood oxygenation level dependent (BOLD) activity. To avoid including data hand-picked from multiple different analyses, no post hoc experiments were considered. The results reveal a significant overall effect with a small effect size [fixed effect: overall ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.15–0.27, z = 6.9, p < 2.7 × 10−12; random effects: overall (weighted) ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.13–0.29, z = 5.3, p < 5.7 × 10−8]. Higher quality experiments produced a quantitatively larger effect size and a greater level of significance than lower quality studies. The number of contrary unpublished reports that would be necessary to reduce the level of significance to chance (p > 0.05) was conservatively calculated to be 87 reports. We explore alternative explanations and examine the potential linkage between this unexplained anticipatory activity and other results demonstrating meaningful pre-stimulus activity preceding behaviorally relevant events. We conclude that to further examine this currently unexplained anticipatory activity, multiple replications arising from different laboratories using the same methods are necessary. The cause of this anticipatory activity, which undoubtedly lies within the realm of natural physical processes (as opposed to supernatural or paranormal ones), remains to be determined.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
calm down buddy, no one is "slandering" you, just poking a little fun at the whole "third eye" thing. as the boys from across the pond say, don't get your knickers in a twist

If i had knickers id have a reason to feel dandy

seriously I could only give you the analogy like this. its kinda like most people are color blind and your not, so when you try to explain what you see most people simply scoff.

If you study it, its not a prediction of the future in any regard its a pre event sense of danger that happens right before said event because of some current stimulus

Its a fucked up shit is going to feeling, that only comes when something is about to happen.

I was as skeptical as everyone else about my own anxiety when this would happen, I thought I was nuts, but time and again, my "instinct" was right. It isn't a drug scene talent I just get a feeling for when someone is misrepresenting their true intentions in a negative way.

I am also highly empathetic. Once again I tried to deny it but it was simply a reality for me.

It doesn't win me lotto but it gives me a very good feel for where people are at emotionally and mentally in that time and place space.

I weird for a reason, this is one of them.

S

sourpuss

Best thing to do is make them come to you. Dont deliver, but I guess thats your job... in your place you hold the power... schlong as your prepared..... friends who smoke weed and have nothing to do hanging around help. Most of the time they love helpin out...

Best thing to do is make them come to you. Dont deliver, but I guess thats your job... in your place you hold the power... schlong as your prepared..... friends who smoke weed and have nothing to do hanging around help. Most of the time they love helpin out...

Those IMHO are awful suggestions. The fewer people who know where your stash is at, the less likely it is to get grabbed. Also the same goes for the fewer people that know. Stoners can become quite the oceans 11 crew with a couple of P's at the end of the rainbow