What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone been arrested for fingerprints or dna in a grow?

qupee

I was just curious. If you had a grow set up at a spot not in your name and not where you live that got busted - would the police fingerprint and/or look for DNA samples to determine who was running the grow?

I would assume they would fingerprint bulbs, pots, ballasts, equipment, etc. It seems like a long shot that they would look for DNA - but I did see one thread on thctalk (from europe) where someone was arrested because his DNA was on a pop can at the grow.

I read as many bust stories as I can and so far I've seen very few where they use fingerprints or DNA to find responsible parties. But, most busts they find someone at the grow so why would they.

Anyone got links to reports or first-hand experience with fingerprint or DNA evidence being used on grow cases?

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
but I did see one thread on thctalk (from europe) where someone was arrested because his DNA was on a pop can at the grow.

not much real help but..

one of the video clips for plant busts shown in ireland for the news includes a shot of a guy dusting a pot.

and in one of the uk police tv shows they were shown dusting equipment , i vaguely remember the commentator saying that the grower wasnt caught but the electrician setting up the rooms was (could be off there).

say you did set up a grow and did a fantastic job of making sure there were no prints dna etc. what if you made life easy for the police= dusting a grow would be a pain in the ass however a few empty cans and a conveniently left bloody plaster might make their life easier and put them off doing a 100% job, also where to get decoy items= play ground.

Double F

what a waste of time and resources...they dont even have enough people to do DNA tracking for rapists, burglars, etc but they waste it on pot growers because there is money to made raiding them.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Fingerprints caused a mess of legal problems in a garden down in the Willamette Valley a few years back. At nursery supply houses you can buy commercial identification tags that are used by nurseries to identify various cultivars in their operation. These don't come off without using a cutter.

So these geniuses bought these tags to identify this strain from that strain. During the summer the garden had been located by the county guys and that information was turned over to the Oregon State Police, IRS and DEA. The popped some tags, pulled the fingerprints and that was the basis of the investigation. They sat back while the crop was harvested, cured and readied for distribution and then they hit with impunity.

During the several weeks between locating the plant tags and the final bust, they had established connections between this group with others in the Midwest and East Coast with phone records, text messages, etc.

Brilliant......

CC

qupee

So I guess it's certainly a possibility.

My state is not medical, but is decriminalized. Anything up to 11 pounds for sale or grown is the lowest severity felony when it comes to sentencing - a first time offender will often get no jail time, 1 year probation, and the charge is removed if they complete the probation.

Fingerprints I could see being done - especially on easy targets like bulbs, pots, hoods, etc. DNA seems like a stretch as like someone said they seem to be backlogged with processing already.

Green lung

Veteran
I do know of one incident where a guy rented his house to friend while he was out of town and probably helped setup the grow. The cops busted the friend and found the houses owner fingerprint on a reflector and he was also charged even though he was not even in the same city.

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Well YES I have...finger prints,palm prints and beyond....sides of the hands and other angles I can't even describe....from first HAND experience..(pun intended) Prints from pots,lights,you name it...whatever they can spend $$ on to nail 'Mr. Big' they will.

qupee

I do know of one incident where a guy rented his house to friend while he was out of town and probably helped setup the grow. The cops busted the friend and found the houses owner fingerprint on a reflector and he was also charged even though he was not even in the same city.

I guess one needs exceptional focus on caution to protect themselves.

So I guess it's certainly a possibility.

My state is not medical, but is decriminalized. Anything up to 11 pounds for sale or grown is the lowest severity felony when it comes to sentencing - a first time offender will often get no jail time, 1 year probation, and the charge is removed if they complete the probation.
you call that "decriminalized"????

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I don't know but I do know in the US airport they are all over this which is why I try not to go there.. headband 707

qupee

you call that "decriminalized"????

You can also have up to an ounce and a half and it is a non-criminal offense - it's a ticket that is less severe than one for not wearing your seatbelt. That is why my state is considered "decriminalized."

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Well I know Chicago just changed their Laws which is great to Decriminalized I believe.. heheheheh.. good for them..

As far as DNA you can't get more 1984 then that and this shit is so sad and frankly scary that they get to do this and no one is stopping them still. I really hate this world and the way they are making it turn... It's a real us against them type attitude which needs to stop! headband 707

Yes they do Finger print! I know of a case where a house was raided. The growers were stealing power and was over the limit. Cops came in and took fingerprints on the hoods and electrical connections and fuse boxes. Those fingerprints led them to other peeps and other grows. The guy who hooked up the "hot" electricity, his fingerprints were on the fusebox. He got popped! So yes they will get fingerprints.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
They usually don't bother, as any mediocre Lawyer will have you keep quiet, and let them try and prove there was marijuana plants there "at the time you touched the items"....since bulbs, hoods, pots...etc are not illegal without pot plants--:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can tell you that LEO does DNA sample plants.... to connect different plots to the same grower.

Do you have proof of this...????

I have suggested this was taking place - but I was told not likely.

Do we have anything to verify such a statement...

dank.Frank

I shot my DNA up another growers backside...baby wipes ain't fer babyshit holmes

Latest posts

Latest posts