What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
GENETICS: Bangi X ( Congo #3 / Chitral ) 75% Sativa / 25 % Indica

This delicious African hybrid combines the Bangi Congo which is a rare African landrace almost extinct with fast flowering and small height, the Congo #3 which is another electric Congolese with strong energetic high, and a bit of Chitral Indica to reduce its height and final flowering.
STRUCTURE: Medium height.
BOUQUET: The aroma is as sweet as honey with delicate and fresh floral details.
POTENCY: Premium quality energetic high, perfect for an active life.
FLOWERING: 10-11 weeks. 2nd half of October.
YIELD/M2: High
GROW TYPE: Indoors/Outdoors

We have been breeding with 3 different congolese sativa the past years at ACE Seeds.
We combined 2 congoleses ( Bangi congo and Congo# 3) in our Congo hybrid and a third one which was used for Bangi Haze (congolese x nepalese hybrid).

Pure congolese sativa usually grows tall, bushy with thin stems. The flowering time is around 14 weeks or a little bit longer. Their flowers have a sweet/floral/honey bouquet with earthy and spicy details. The high is powerful,clean, uplifting and euphoric. First class sativa effect, elegantly focused.

An exception to classical tall Congolese sativas is the Bangi Congo. It’s a pure sativa like her tall sisters, but grows smaller and with a shorter flowering time of 10-11 weeks.
It’s a little bit less potent than the long flowering Congolese.

Kaiki, one of our breeders, has been experimenting with the high quality long flowering Congolese sativa, called as Congo #3 the past 4 years. Congo #3 was crossed with a pure chitral Pakistan indica. Chitral reduces the flowering time and size of the Congolese but without being very dominant in high or aromas. He inbred the F1 hybrid sativa/indica to the F3 step, selecting only the best compact and fast flowering strong phenos with the best congolese influence in the finished product. The Congolese x Chitral inbred line is called ‘Conchi’.

Then we used a fast flowering and compact Bangi Congo female and pollinated her with the best F3 Conchi ( Congo #3 x Pakistan) males.

The result is a Congolese dominant sativa hybrid which grows compact and flowers in only 10-11 weeks. The colas are totally sativa but they have high bud density, high resin production and a very high/flower leaf ratio. The sweet, floral congolese aromas and the high quality euphoric high are on the congolese side, but accentuated by hybrid vigour.

First pic is ACE Congo grown outdoors at 40ºN in the cold mountains.

Second and third pic is Congo grown organically indoors

Last edited:
G

Sounds delicious, I really like the way you are so open and honest about the genetic makeup of your strains. I like to know the background of a strain and if I know what it's made of I'm far more likely to buy it. Congo and Panama are both definitely on my 'to buy' list.

That cola from 40N looks great, to adapt Congo strain to the northerly climes has me quite excited, but I'm at 53N so a bit too cold and wet here, I hope to move to Spain sometime in the future, when I do, I will definitely try a few ACE strains outdoors.

I like the 75% sativa 25% indica mix, I prefer sativas but the height and flowering time make them a challenge to grow, so a bit of indica to reduce these but retain the sativa high is my ideal. I have said before that a lot of the classic strains like Skunk #1 and Blueberry are a blend of two great sativas and a bit of indica.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
British_Hempire said:
Sounds delicious, I really like the way you are so open and honest about the genetic makeup of your strains. I like to know the background of a strain and if I know what it's made of I'm far more likely to buy it. Congo and Panama are both definitely on my 'to buy' list.

That cola from 40N looks great, to adapt Congo strain to the northerly climes has me quite excited, but I'm at 53N so a bit too cold and wet here, I hope to move to Spain sometime in the future, when I do, I will definitely try a few ACE strains outdoors.

I like the 75% sativa 25% indica mix, I prefer sativas but the height and flowering time make them a challenge to grow, so a bit of indica to reduce these but retain the sativa high is my ideal. I have said before that a lot of the classic strains like Skunk #1 and Blueberry are a blend of two great sativas and a bit of indica.

Thanks for your support British_Hempire!

We are always honest about the background of our strains. I think growers apreciate to know the breeding details. We are here to talk about plants and to share knowledge and experiences.

True, skunk and bluberry are one of the best ind/sat stablized breds.

G

Thats impressive for a clone with no veg time, it looks pretty frosty for a mostly sativa plant and also looks dense for a sat too. The bud formation reminds me of my Columbian but it looks denser and with chunkier buds rather than thin elongated ones. Is this due to the Chitral influence? It certainly looks like it yields better than a pure sativa and has thicker, larger colas and they look denser too. The Columbian I have is my favourite smoke and I intend to keep the clones around for a long time but I would like the buds to be denser, the yield a but higher and the height and flower time to be a bit shorter, so I'm hoping to find some nice indica males (preferably P1 landrace) to hit Columbian clones with then have lots of rewarding fun growing out those various F1s looking for the best ones.

Then again, if ACE were to release a Columbian that had been developed like the Congo has I'd just buy that. (HINT HINT! lol)

God it's refreshing (and very much appreciated) to be able to talk to a breeder about his breeding in detail, to me, a great picture and a load of hype don't make me want to buy a strain, knowledge of how it was created and what genes it contains and a helpful breeder who is happy to answer questions will make me buy a strain. I'm saving my pennies to get some ACE seeds for sure.

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I 2nd BH's views on your openess to your work, Much appreciated! :yes:

Have a pack of Congo I'll be running next yr. outdoors, really looking forward to it. These appear to be columnar in shape, is that true? One large cola for the most part?
I'm also dying to try the GUERRILLA's, they look fantastic for my locale! Peace, HL

Last edited:

ker2noir

Hi ace crew,
Here is my congo at 5 weeks. Healthy and stretchy plant. React good on topping. Easy to clone. Dense bud, not fluffy. A killer queen for my outdoor this year :D

need4weed

Veteran
Dubi,i was wondering what sort of yeild can be expected from the congo if she was grown in ideal conditions with a full season

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
British_Hempire said:
Thats impressive for a clone with no veg time, it looks pretty frosty for a mostly sativa plant and also looks dense for a sat too. The bud formation reminds me of my Columbian but it looks denser and with chunkier buds rather than thin elongated ones. Is this due to the Chitral influence? It certainly looks like it yields better than a pure sativa and has thicker, larger colas and they look denser too. The Columbian I have is my favourite smoke and I intend to keep the clones around for a long time but I would like the buds to be denser, the yield a but higher and the height and flower time to be a bit shorter, so I'm hoping to find some nice indica males (preferably P1 landrace) to hit Columbian clones with then have lots of rewarding fun growing out those various F1s looking for the best ones.

Then again, if ACE were to release a Columbian that had been developed like the Congo has I'd just buy that. (HINT HINT! lol)

God it's refreshing (and very much appreciated) to be able to talk to a breeder about his breeding in detail, to me, a great picture and a load of hype don't make me want to buy a strain, knowledge of how it was created and what genes it contains and a helpful breeder who is happy to answer questions will make me buy a strain. I'm saving my pennies to get some ACE seeds for sure.

Your comments are very apreciated! It's a pleasure talk with you B_H!

The robust, columnar growing and dense fast flowering are traits more related to the chitral indica but as you can see, the flowering traits and finished product are on the congolese side.

If you are looking for a highly bred columbian variety i'd recommend you our Panama, which is quite related to columbian sativas. Indeed our Panama has a columbian red point sativa and other fine native Panama sativas.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Highlighter said:
I 2nd BH's views on your openess to your work, Much appreciated! :yes:

Have a pack of Congo I'll be running next yr. outdoors, really looking forward to it. These appear to be columnar in shape, is that true? One large cola for the most part?
I'm also dying to try the GUERRILLA's, they look fantastic for my locale! Peace, HL

Thanks for trust in our genetics Highlighter! :wink:

Our Congo is a quite columnar strain, specially when growing from clone. Please, keep us updated with your progresses this season!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ker2noir said:
Hi ace crew,
Here is my congo at 5 weeks. Healthy and stretchy plant. React good on topping. Easy to clone. Dense bud, not fluffy. A killer queen for my outdoor this year :D
High ker2noir!

When growing vigorous sativa dominant hybrids (like some of our strains) indoors, i'd recommend do the late vegging and first days of flowering with a small pot.

Sativas can stretch like hell at this point and a large pot before the flowering with new soil can produce excessive and innecesary elongation.

A small pot without new soil access to the root system will stop the stretching in the first weeks of 12/12.

Once the sativa has stopped to strecth after the 2-3 initial weeks of flowering (depending on the strain) then re pot her to the final pot with enough rich soil.

Sativa root system are very active even in flowering and can be re potted with great results even in advanced flowering (not good for indicas).

The plant has finished the stretching so she will use all the new soil and nutrients to produce a solid flowering.

have you got Congo pics in advanced flowering?

Thanks for posting! :yes: Please, let us know how she grow outdoors in your zone! dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
need4weed said:
Dubi,i was wondering what sort of yeild can be expected from the congo if she was grown in ideal conditions with a full season

Mmmm, it's hard to tell a concrete final yield for outdoor growing but yields with Congo are usually high, indoors and outdoors.

Congo correctly grown outdoors in soil in a warm climate from March to October can produce easily 1-2 kilos.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow ker2noir, you've got this and the Nigerian Nightmare, what else you got going? :D It looks outstanding, very healthy! :yes: Are you keeping it in that small pot to keep the hgt down?

Dubi, thx for all the replies, all good info.
Started seeds from 3 strains monday (soaking), planted tues. 1st one to pop up wed (1st day of spring!) was a Congo! All 5 Congo beans have sprouted now - 100% germination rate is A+ in my book! :yes:

How light sensitive are they? I'm giving them 14 hrs light now. I've never started this early before, usually I get them out into the cold frame pretty quick. I'm going to have to keep them inside for at least 3 wks.
LOL, they probably won't fit in the cold frame by the time I put them out!

Keep us posted on your progress ker2noir! :wink:

ker2noir

Hey
Dubi, i remember og thread (20thai) and this process with african sativa. I didn't try it at the moment. But the pot is only 3l5. I will try to flower a clone directly in 12/12. Here a better wiew of the plant today.

Highlighter : what do you think about a "guerilla" :D

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Sativas can stretch like hell at this point and a large pot before the flowering with new soil can produce excessive and innecesary elongation. "

Well put dubi :yes:
here´s a close relative to the ACE´s Congo release,a Congo x Chitral f2 :smile:

G

wow, that looks sweet. what does she smoke like raco, i might have to try some of these. :wave:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, Raco, I just had to ~bump~ the Deep Congo thread, where I 1st saw that shot!

ker2noir, you runnin' the "guerilla" too?!? :yoinks:

ngakpa, thx for the mood enhancers! :dance: