What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Genetics? Boron Deficiency? Genetics with High Boron Demands? What is IT?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
This is an Apollo-11 F3, from old seeds. I've read the closing over of new growth is due to a boron deficiency. Is this growth related to the genetics? Is it due to insufficient boron in 3 year old Happy Frog soil? Does Apollo-11 have very high boron demands?

This inquiring mind would really like to know.

It's some really weird growth, no?

Douglas.Curtis

Hrmm... thank you. I'm hoping the smoke is what I'm looking for. :)

Do they grow out of this genetic weirdity at some point? Any known trimming methods which help get the plant back to regular growth?

leet

Sometimes old seeds do weird things like that, sometimes even new seeds do it, this looks like a polyploid of some sort but I had some old seeds look like that and they reverted back to a normal plant. I have seen some really weird shit from old seed :D

It might have to do with some kind of defiency, I have no idea what happens and why these old ( and sometimes new ) seeds display these weird characteristics

leet

Btw this is highly unlikely boron deficiency... You would see necrotic new growth generally.. Plants do not just split/top when there is boron deficiency or at least thats what I know.

PS A11 is very nice I miss it :)

Douglas.Curtis

Appreciate that. :)

I'm kind of excited about the A-11 myself, since I've had great results from using C-99 in the past. I don't remember ever coming across it from anyone else either, only read about it online. :D

weedtoker

Veteran
Also consider a slight over-feed as a possibility, independent of the origin, or the provenance of the variety, but alas only my 2 cents.

Cheers