What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st time grower

twelveoaks400

Hey all! New to site ☺️ Need help.....new to growing but an experienced gardener. I failed miserably with starting seeds for first time last year. I am ready to try again but want to start the right way. I had planned on using soil cells. Any advice appreciated ☺️

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're an experienced gardener you should have no problems with cannabis. A lot of folks seem to want it to be more difficult than it really is. There's a reason that this plant is called a weed and that's because it grows like one given favorable conditions.

I'd say that the first thing that you want to do is to obtain quality seeds but before you can do that you need to figure out what kind of plant you want to grow.
Are you interested in growing THC or CBD or mixed chemo-type type plants?
Answer this question and some folks might help you to choose the right genetics for your particular situation (or maybe you've already done this).

Tell the good folks here about your plans, thus far, your equipment you have to work with, the nutrients you've chosen, your medium of choice, indoors/outdoors, just lay it all out as you are comfortable and you will receive too much help. lol

Also... Get to browsing the mag and posting so that once you need some serious help you will be able to use the PM function (after 50 posts).

IC is absolutely filled with subject mater that has been discussed and rediscussed many times. don't be afraid to use the search feature and or read for days on end to find what you are looking for.

Lastly, I suggest getting a hard copy of a good grow book. I personally prefer Ed Rosenthals Marijuana Growing Handbook. It is mostly up to date and has some awesome (science based) information that is not in other grow books that I've seen.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

MJPassion is correct, there's no substitute for education. :) I strongly recommend a good 5 gallons of information, for every inch of plant growth. Luckily there are a lot of stickies around to help you fill your buckets.

Latest posts

Latest posts