What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monkey Haze F2

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I got a few of these Monkey Haze f2s in paper towels right now...hoping they sprout for me.

Monkey Haze = DC x THH...from what I understand, the seeds I have weren’t created/grown by Tom. They were created/grown by the crew in Spain that was working for Tom at the time. Not sure how old the seeds are, but I’ve only got 15 or so.

I could be wrong about how they came to be, but I’m just going on what I was told by the person that gave me the seed. I trust his word and he’s been around since the overgrow days, so I tend to believe him.

I’m hoping my germ rates are better than yours, Mountain Kine...but the seeds I have are old too and I’m not too hopeful.

HB.

M

Mountain Kine

I got a few of these Monkey Haze f2s in paper towels right now...hoping they sprout for me.

Monkey Haze = DC x THH...from what I understand, the seeds I have weren’t created/grown by Tom. They were created/grown by the crew in Spain that was working for Tom at the time. Not sure how old the seeds are, but I’ve only got 15 or so.

I could be wrong about how they came to be, but I’m just going on what I was told by the person that gave me the seed. I trust his word and he’s been around since the overgrow days, so I tend to believe him.

I’m hoping my germ rates are better than yours, Mountain Kine...but the seeds I have are old too and I’m not too hopeful.

HB.

I fucked mine off for sure. It isn’t the seeds fault.

We’re going to try again in paper towels inside in a more forgiving environment

:tiphat:

M

Mountain Kine

HB.

I also couldn't tell you if Tom or Raco made the seeds I have just that I definitely saw Tom grow about 1000 of them out quite a few years ago and pull an individual that if it was around today would probably be a very desired variety as the smell/resin quality was beyond what plants like Limoncello, Lemon Tree, Lemon G etc., are producing.

:tiphat:

M

Mountain Kine

So just as an update, we tried sprouting more of the seed that I had and were blessed with better results.

I have 10 females going that are all very thin leaf - I'm talking Blue Dream , SSH type thin leaf - that I will be putting in to the ground on 6/1.

I'm looking forward to sharing the show with ya'll!

M

Mountain Kine

Almost done weeding the garden area I'm going to plant these in.

My wife wants them out of her garden space.

Attachments

• IMG_2493.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 30
M

Mountain Kine

Thanks for the update.

The clone referenced in my posts was definitely lost before it could be proliferated.

Plants are outside and in the ground. Photo update next time I post.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So just as an update, we tried sprouting more of the seed that I had and were blessed with better results.

I have 10 females going that are all very thin leaf - I'm talking Blue Dream , SSH type thin leaf - that I will be putting in to the ground on 6/1.

I'm looking forward to sharing the show with ya'll!

Awesome news! Glad this thread is still kicking. I never got to purchase the Monkey Haze. I was in a lull period and not paying close enough attention. Can't wait to see what you select and do with the line. :respect:

dank.Frank

M

Mountain Kine

3tC1wjG.jpg

s1xAQl7.jpg

1 outlier DC phenotype with Haze leaf
1 DC phenotype with the Afghan leaf
2 Haze phenotypes
6 50/50 blends.

M

Mountain Kine

Some of the Haze dominant and 50/50 phenotypes

Haze dominant

1jr9RWO.jpg

cSaLy3w.jpg

Plant on the right in this next photo is the outlier DC structure with Haze leaf...Hoping for purple DC buds with haze trichomes and calyx/leaf ratio.

CRQEqei.jpg

A couple 50/50 phenotypes

11QyXNs.jpg

M

Mountain Kine

Thank you Hemphry Bogart - It is my slice of Mountain heaven.

I will do some liquid fertilizer applications and top dressing over this next month.

M

Mountain Kine

First time up in a couple weeks and things are looking great.

Going to top dress them with chicken manure and some Dr Earth 4-4-4 this week to get them ready for flowering.

During flower I will give them some liquid feeds

t7oOJuL.jpg

M

Mountain Kine

Overall we have been having a wonderful summer...I really missed growing trees.

Here’s an update right before transition to flower

The whole row

A Haze leaner..

More Haze

Two more hybrid phenos that have a little more monkey balls influence

Most monkey balls phenos

Busto

That is awesome. Free space, sun... The plants are so happy they became trees!

They will provide you smoke for some months!

Well done, i'm following this

M

Mountain Kine

August has been busy as hell so updates dropped off but the plants are doing great. Absolutely zero attention on these. No pruning, no fertilizing, no foliar fertilization. Watered by drip irrigation and running off of amended soil. I probably will throw them a dose of food this week.

LTWe9n7.jpg

ljlq27p.jpg

M

Mountain Kine

Success!!

Success!!

Happy to say that this project returned the phenotype I was hoping to get :woohoo:

The plant exhibits the Monkey Balls resin field. The Haze growth was tamed and the bud greatly improved without being overridden by the Afghani...meaning the flower is still a delicate 'Haze' type flower..But the resin field...WHAT an improvement from the Monkey Balls!!

Smell on this plant is lemon juice and battery acid..the resin sticks your fingers together like glue..I am hoping that whole plant fresh frozen hash from this returns like an Afghani but has the terpene/high profile of the Haze!!

k54Slpc.jpg

vLnDUim.jpg

TIxEKa8.jpg

BMw3cV5.jpg