What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Movies - How Did I Miss That?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ghost dog - Way of The Samurai ,
Forest Whittaker majestic,
Music by the Wu Tang Clan,,

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
David Bowie in the Man Who Fell to Earth.

There's another movie based on the same book. It was made in '87, and starred Lewis Smith. Smith played Perfect Tommy in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, another great if sloppy movie. BTW, the David Bowie MWFTE is vastly superior.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's another movie based on the same book. It was made in '87, and starred Lewis Smith. Smith played Perfect Tommy in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, another great if sloppy movie. BTW, the David Bowie MWFTE is vastly superior.

I still want to know about that damned watermelon.

"What is this?"

"Your hand, Buckaroo?"

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Was Silverado something everyone heard about? Damn good movie, but no idea what kind of media attention it received.

White Beard

I don’t remember it getting much attention, but I’ve watched it several times, and enjoyed it even more on repeat.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was Silverado something everyone heard about? Damn good movie, but no idea what kind of media attention it received.

Movie did well in the uk
Kevin Costner albeit very young and John Cleese as the cowardly sheriff ,,
Love a good western with John Fords " The Searchers " being one of
my fav films and not forgetting the majestic " unforgiven " with
William Munny Killer of women and children but now a pig farmer,
Clint never been better ? ,,s2:tiphat:

hayday

Veteran
Heres a couple of my old favorites from way back. First up is The Big Blue with Jean Reno. Its about a couple of guys from a Greek village that grew up to be world class freedivers.

The acting is really poor but the film itself is riviting.

My second fav is The Emerald Forest with Powers Booth. The setting is Amazon rain forest and Powers company is building a dam. His young son gets lost and is raised to adolesence by the Invisible People whose existence is threated by the dam.
Beautiful cinamatography but again poor acting by most charactors.

Very much worth watching though

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
The Minds of Men

The Minds of Men

3 hours 42 minutes in length. Not for the weak or feeble minded.

Those who are awake and aware will really appreciate this documentary.

[YOUTUBEIF]LQucESRF3Sg[/YOUTUBEIF]

RMS

:smoweed:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
3 hours 42 minutes in length. Not for the weak or feeble minded.

Those who are awake and aware will really appreciate this documentary.

[YOUTUBEIF]LQucESRF3Sg[/YOUTUBEIF]

RMS

:smoweed:
Good one.

Makes me wonder if the recent US and Canadian embassy staff brain injuries in Cuba are a result of Psychotronic Weaponry.

kaochiu

Veteran
Jeez man, El Cid! Please! Kids could be watching! Some of it was filmed in my hometown a couple of years before I was born, and my dad would often tell me, so proud of his acquitances "of course, yeah, I've met Charlton Heston and we stretched hands".
Ok, another comedy, "Yellowbeard". Great cameos including Cheech and Chong and Bowie. Graham Chapman stars, Eric Idle and John Cleese have roles, but not other Pythons. Marty Feldman (who died in Mexico while filming) and Peter Boyle too, then some others.
There was a lot of clashes with the production, the script and the editing (Chapman was barred from the editing room), trying to fit the humour for both the brits and the americans. At least it end up funny humour for a spaniard, eh! I can't say it's a good movie, but it was hilarious and that's enough reason to recommend.
There's a documentary made while filming the movie, called "Group Madness: The filming of Yellowbeard" that I didn't know until today. I'm looking forward watching that if I can find it.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
To all rap guys out there, especially those who grew up in the early nineties when gangsta rap was coming up, and/or like/remember stuff like NWA. Most have seen the movie 'CB4', starring and written by Chris Rock. While I'd say that movie is pretty good if you are familiar with the subject, there's a similar spoof rap movie called 'NWH - Fear of a black hat', which is better. Written, produced and directed by Rusty Cundieff, who plays one of the starring roles too, and according to legend, also handled the on set catering during filming of the movie. According to another legend about the movie, this dude Rusty pitched his idea to some studio head and asked for a budget of one million dollars. The studio boss liked the idea, but thought that a million was too much, so he wrote Rusty a check for $999,999.

The movie pokes fun at stereotypes, black ppl, white ppl, racial tensions, religion, rappers, artists, music industry, lawyers, record companies, etc, (then) current events and masks social commentary with comedy. While some stuff in the movie hasn't aged well, it's still one of my favorite comedies, and a throw back to simpler times before PC and blandness took over most shits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxyJ6OYLVzg

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Fuck was the minimum wage really 3.35$ an hour in 1993?

Hehe, don't know about that. What's the minimum wage these days in USA?

Adjusted to inflation, that $3,35 in 1993 is something like $5,90 in 2019.

Devin the Dude said:
The almighty dollar, it ain't what it used to be.
Hobos used to ask you for a dollar, now the motherfuckers ask you for three. Almighty dollar, well that's what they used to say. One dollar used to be a whole lot, but it's hardly worth shit today.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hehe, don't know about that. What's the minimum wage these days in USA?

Adjusted to inflation, that $3,35 in 1993 is something like $5,90 in 2019.
Totally depends where ya live. Some places like Alabama have no state minimum so they use the federal one which is like 7.25$ an hour or something unlivable. Where I live it's 12$ an hour, and it will be raised to 15$ an hour by 2023. To keep my post slightly on topic, did anybody mention Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wg_5svsfMg

noknees

did nobody mention "A Scanner Darkly" a must-watch or re-watch for anyone, especially an "Archer" fan.

couple other sleepers

"Surfer, Dude"--heavy rotation. awesomely bad. 10 years too soon

"Warm Bodies"--don't let the wrapper fool you.

Y’all seen “what we do in the shadows”? Super fire.

yeah this one is a must. :tiphat:

Interstellar is one I’ve missed...I actually miss a lot of movies I *want* to watch

one of my favorite movies. beware, it packs a punch.

Latest posts

Latest posts