What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ole creeper's out of the closet

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Recap

Recap

Start 30 reg seeds of a fast flowering Indica in solo cups and grow them INDOORS under a Summer photo period. Ten days before they go outdoors switch the photo period to 12 &12, to make the males flower. That way you don’t have to carry anything but true females outdoors for planting. Time the plantings so the outdoor photo period is 11hr days and 13 hr nights when you put them out. Come back in 60 day for flowers.

Near the end of frost dates are perfect for the plants. When it’s cold and little frosty the plants think Winter is coming fast and flowers faster. Total grow time is 30 days indoors and 60 day outdoors.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When I switch the lights to 12&12 to trigger flowering for spring plants, I start my Fall plants seeds (Sativa) and run them on the same lighting time and get them ready for the Summer. When its time to put the Summer plants out, I match the indoor with the outside photo period for fast Vegetative growth. Fall flowers have a much longer flowering time and can last for 4 months here. I have flowered sativa from Aug to Nov.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
4 month flowers sativa's 2018

4 month flowers sativa's 2018

Im not proud, but enough wait at end i have a lot of roots.
Water smells good, the Roots smells goo

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The above Sativa plants were clones I put outdoors to flower from Aug through the end of Nov. I was hoping to make it untll Dec. but I got a early freeze and had to harvest them early. I used a different method of growing with the above grow, but I just wanted to show how long a growing season is here. About 9 months.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
El Niño lots of rain in June!

El Niño lots of rain in June!

I go into the woods early before dawn, but when i get there I have to wait until daylight to see. Perfect time for a vape and a energy drink to start my adventure. This is in the later part of June. Temps are in the 90s or 32C and I'm starting to sweat a lot. Lots of Rain!!! I just love it!!!!
IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
There is no need to go to the woods when there is plenty of rain. And this year is perfect when it comes to rain, because it rained a lot. Its hard not to go, but it's best to skip as many weeks I can because I grow in a big City. When I do show up, I get so excited because the plants look super good from the rains! My heart pounds fast when I walk up on a plot and see a foot or two of new vegetative growth.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If I was to continue my growing, now would be a good time to take clones. The plants are in a vigorous state growing a couple of inches a day. I can pick growing shoots from the bottom branches from the best plants and bring them back to the indoor grow room. The good thing about getting clones now is there is no waiting time after rooting for flowering. They can go right into a 12 x 12 flowering room or tent and give me a taste of whats to come in Fall.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I collect & store water for Summer.

I collect & store water for Summer.

I have 12 five gallon jugs hid in the thick bush for dry times. Plus, I have a 45 gallon plastic trash can full of creek water with a lid on it. About 100 gallons or 378 liters total for Summer storage. The seasons are very unpredictable here and having water during dry times can mean the difference between success and failure.
IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I added only two amendments to the soil during the Winter. Fine brown to black leaf litter from under the canopy of trees. I dug down and got the rich black leaf that was fine in texture and smelled clean. I got the leaf litter from the area the plots are in using 5 gallon buckets. Also I had dropped off one 40lb bag of Cotton burr compost to the plots in Winter. That's all!!!!!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Soil test

Soil test

I have the soil tested from time to time at the local University for $30 and know everything I need to know about the soil. After getting many soil tests over the past many years, "I know what the soil is here and around these parts". The soil has everything its needs except the pH is a little alkaline with a pH of 7.5. Very easy fix!!!
IMG_1118.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Another Test

Another Test

I took this test the same time, as the other test with different readings. The locations were about mile away from each other. This test was a little low in Nitrogen but had everything else in abundance! Also alkilne pH of 7.6! Easy Fix!!!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
All I have to do to fix the soil is adjust the pH with a little peat moss, or cotton burr compost. I also substitute cotton burr compost with leaf litter from under the tree canopy. Cotton burr compost will be used when the soil is lacking in Nitrogen. That's it!!! Peat Moss or Cotton burr compost or leaf litter! No Chemicals NONE!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
On every visit now I will harvest knee-high grass and use it for hay mulch to conserve water and keep the root temperature cooler. It takes a lot of mulch, about a Ton, so I get on my hands and knees and pull up big handfuls at a time. The summers can be brutal and almost everything dies in late August here. Without mulch i would not make it through the Summers. Harvesting hay is part of the grow and without it would mean certain failure. I pile it as high as 14 inch's which you will see in the upcoming posts. As the time passes I have to add more on top of the old on every visit. Keeps me young.