What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Regalia Biofungicide

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Regalia is Milsana in Europe. The companies don't appear related, but it's the same extract.

It helps the plant fight.

The Organicide also helps the plant, but nasty's don't like contact with it also. I believe this is why it has two application rates, for prevent, and deal with it.

Actinovate is a living thing that attacks nasty's directly. You populate the plants surface or substrate with it. Then it sits and waits. It's listed for food, and has hydro as uses. It's growing in popularity, but I don't know of any approvals (I didn't look)

It's interesting to hear of the Myclobutanil issue. I also hear it's 7 applications max. And it's weekly. I see people here using it weekly, for the whole cycle. That is more than 7 applications. If 7 is true. It's only knot weed extract though. Perhaps the Myclobutanil finger pointing is unjust. And the growers are just hiding the Myclo away.

Hey MIhimegrown!
I haven’t ever used this product but I know a few growers who did and it made their flowers test positive for Myclobutanil. I’m fairly sure they put just enough to not list it on their product. Hope this information is helpful in your quest for the right product for your garden :)
I think those growers are lying or they got clones that were already sprayed with myclo.

Colorado, Oregon, Washington and Nevada allow it.
The quart sized bottle was due out last May.

Can't find it...

It sounds like it kicks the plants into action, rather than does anything directly.
The weekly application isn't ideal.

I use organicide. It's also approved. Available. Lasts a couple of weeks. Has both preventative and treatment doses. Systemic. Degrades into PK.

I have only used it two years, but things have been very different. I would alternate with another product, but feel no loss from the in-availability of this one.
Ive been interested in organocide but it always made me curious how it systemic and still allowed to be used. What state is it approved in?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Milstop Foliar Fungicide and Actinovate SP are both cleared for use in Canada.

I forget where organocide was listed. I was going through lists when I found it, as apposed to finding it then looking at lists. It's a few years ago now though.
I just dug it out. Your right, I was spelling it wrong. I had thought as much before.
mono- and di-potassium salts of phosphoric acid.
Searches will lead to old tales revolving around similar substances. I think the plant takes it in as it looks about right, then finds it irritating. Then 10-14 days later the substance falls apart into P K the plant can use.

I have hardly touched mine, and it's on it's last year before the 'best before' date. As is my grazers. So if anybody wants some, I can post a bit out. Perhaps not back to the states though. Bottles of unknown liquid won't make customs officers happy.

I want Actinovate. It sounds like the terminator of allowed treatments. A predator microbe that goes to work on it's own. Killing existing infections. Which is something Regalia/Milsana can't do.

Miasa Mura

I think those growers are lying or they got clones that were already sprayed with myclo.

Hey MIHomegrown,
I understand where you’re coming from. My intention wasn’t to ruffle any feathers, just sharing the experiences and information that I found out. Been working at a dispensary for 9 years, I’ve bought for it for 4 years and been smoking with cannabis cup judges for seven. I’ve seen tons of herb, talked with innumerable growers and seen just as many accompanying test results from tons of labs in Northern California. If you’re at all concerned with smoking Hydrogen Cyanide you can contact Regalia Biofungicide and get a direct answer.

Hey MIHomegrown,
I understand where you’re coming from. My intention wasn’t to ruffle any feathers, just sharing the experiences and information that I found out. Been working at a dispensary for 9 years, I’ve bought for it for 4 years and been smoking with cannabis cup judges for seven. I’ve seen tons of herb, talked with innumerable growers and seen just as many accompanying test results from tons of labs in Northern California. If you’re at all concerned with smoking Hydrogen Cyanide you can contact Regalia Biofungicide and get a direct answer.
Thanks for that but no ruffled feathers over here. I just find it hard to believe that a company would do that and illegally not disclose what is in the product. Regalia is omri certified too. I know that really doesn't mean a lot but it's another institution who took the product and tested it in order for it to get that designation. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it feels like the chances are very slim. The more believable answer would be is that those growers are not telling the truth or maybe the plants got sprayed by someone other than themselves.

Miasa Mura

Thanks for that but no ruffled feathers over here. I just find it hard to believe that a company would do that and illegally not disclose what is in the product. Regalia is omri certified too. I know that really doesn't mean a lot but it's another institution who took the product and tested it in order for it to get that designation. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it feels like the chances are very slim. The more believable answer would be is that those growers are not telling the truth or maybe the plants got sprayed by someone other than themselves.

There’s always that chance that things happen and other hands may be in the garden or the people not being truthful. Hard to say with certainty, but wanted to share my experience. Best of luck on your grow! :tiphat:

There’s always that chance that things happen and other hands may be in the garden or the people not being truthful. Hard to say with certainty, but wanted to share my experience. Best of luck on your grow! :tiphat:
Thank you very much. Hey who knows in this industry honestly. It could happen. I think azamax got banned before it general hydroponics got bought out. There was unlisted chemicals in the product and I believe they were banned ones under most states regulatory system. Not 100% sure so please don't hold me against it. Regalia seems like a more trustworthy company based on things Ive read and been told.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Hey MIhimegrown!
I haven’t ever used this product but I know a few growers who did and it made their flowers test positive for Myclobutanil. I’m fairly sure they put just enough to not list it on their product. Hope this information is helpful in your quest for the right product for your garden :)

I dont believe this is true. Regalia works good but not close to myclobutanil good. It wont do much for active fungal attacks

I wood

Exactly!

Great stuff if used correctly, I also like big time exterminator and sulphur in veg if pm is bad.

Could you elaborate on your regimen?
Modes of application, mixing rates and frequency could help many curious people in similar situation.
Thanks.

Pumpkin

Veteran
It certainly did not prevent budrot for me. I suspect it does not do much at all. I'm not buying it again this year. But just my opinion, you may have better luck.

budsicles

I just find it hard to believe that a company would do that and illegally not disclose what is in the product. Regalia is omri certified too. I know that really doesn't mean a lot but it's another institution who took the product and tested it in order for it to get that designation.

I'm about to get some regalia. 99% sure it's fine. But I did stumble onto something interesting. Marrone Bio Innovations (makers of regalia) have a patent for reynoutria sachalinensis extract as a biofungicide. It states in the abstract that the natural extract is to be combined with at least one chemical pesticide such as myclobutanil, quinoxyfen, azoxystrobin, triflumizole, acibenzolar-5-methyl, mefenoxam, propiconazole or fludioxonil.

https://patents.google.com/patent/CA2769506A1/en

I also looked at the regalia msds for two different years. An earlier one mentions cryptic "Proprietary GRAS formula ingredients" while a newer one mentions "Other (inert ingredients)".

https://norganics.com/MSDS/Regalia.pdf
https://marronebio.com/download/regalia-sds-msds/

You would think "GRAS" and "inert" would disqualify the chemical fungicides, but are those determinations just based on concentration? Can you get the ppm low enough to pass these tests/certifications? What if there's an active compound present in the natural extract which binds to synthetic fungicides in a way that alters their molecular structure making testing harder? I did a quick google search for myclobutanil ppm/ppb limits in the OMRI regulations but didn't find anything.

I personally think this is very unlikely and regalia is probably safe since it has passed the scrutiny of so many industry leaders. But I started dusting off the tinfoil hat when I found that patent.

Latest posts

Latest posts