What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Regalia Biofungicide

Anybody use this stuff? Not a lot of info on it but it got passed in Oregon to use on Cannabis. It's plant extract that triggers a response in the plant, similar to chitin, but more effective in preventing disease like powdery mildew. I wondering if it's worth the cost if it's a good tool to add to the ipm and possibly increase vigor and yield triggering that isr.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I don't have any experience with it but have heard of it. I'd be interested to see what others post about it too :yes:

I don't have any experience with it but have heard of it. I'd be interested to see what others post about it too :yes:
Same, my local hydro store is now stocking it so I was going to grab a bottle. To what I can gather it sounds like more of a preventative than a cure. Most products are so I don't want to lead anybody on but I am just curious to see what others have to say and how they use it.

positivity

Veteran
Works well for me. Botrytis in the bigger tops have been much less frequent. From what I've seen it is more preventative...
The size jugs they sell I have enough for a lifetime though. Smaller sizes would be welcome
Harvesting arm size colas I wasn't complaining. Now I can work on the thigh size

Works well for me. Botrytis in the bigger tops have been much less frequent. From what I've seen it is more preventative...
The size jugs they sell I have enough for a lifetime though. Smaller sizes would be welcome
Harvesting arm size colas I wasn't complaining. Now I can work on the thigh size
That's good to hear, have you used it for pm at all?

palmeezy

based on your username i'm sure our clone sources have crossed paths at one time or another.

definitely recommend regalia. the biggest visible benefit besides better growth/structure is at nodes. somewhere along the line of repeatedly cloning and mixing in additional dirty genetics i lost any and all sturdiness in my stems. no more big gnarly knots growing where a stem got kinked. regalia gives you a nice, beefy bulbous joint that is subconsciously telling you this plant is going to not let you down.

palmeezy

in RDWC i like to use it at about 1/2 label (15ml/g i think). too much won't necessarily hurt but i find that it makes it way into the rez and it gets very foamy.

i use on moms but not clones. i'm not sure why but i've had several trays wiped out by spraying mixtures containing regalia, so i stopped. spray once rooted.

based on your username i'm sure our clone sources have crossed paths at one time or another.

definitely recommend regalia. the biggest visible benefit besides better growth/structure is at nodes. somewhere along the line of repeatedly cloning and mixing in additional dirty genetics i lost any and all sturdiness in my stems. no more big gnarly knots growing where a stem got kinked. regalia gives you a nice, beefy bulbous joint that is subconsciously telling you this plant is going to not let you down.
That's pretty sweet! Did you see any yield benefits from it then? What your preferred method to apply it, foliar or root drench? Also would it be counter productive using it with like chitosan or aloe vera that triggers a similar response?

green-genes77

Veteran
I've used it extensively and I'd say its value depends highly on what your goals are. Since it is an SAR promoter, it does have value in an IPM program as a preventative, but there are a dozen better, cheaper options for fighting an established fungal infection. I've seen the best results when used as a root drench and it, subjectively, makes plants more vigorous and sturdy. There is a possible pest/pathogen resistance value here since it promotes the manufacturing of phytoalexins.

As a side note, some Oregon growers claim an increase in flavor and potency when using Regalia as a root drench, reasoning that because phytoalexins and cannabinoids are technically terpenes and involve some of the same metabolic pathways, the SAR-activating properties of Regalia enhance the production of both. I have not observed this and no studies, to my knowledge, suggest this is the case.

I've used it extensively and I'd say its value depends highly on what your goals are. Since it is an SAR promoter, it does have value in an IPM program as a preventative, but there are a dozen better, cheaper options for fighting an established fungal infection. I've seen the best results when used as a root drench and it, subjectively, makes plants more vigorous and sturdy. There is a possible pest/pathogen resistance value here since it promotes the manufacturing of phytoalexins.

As a side note, some Oregon growers claim an increase in flavor and potency when using Regalia as a root drench, reasoning that because phytoalexins and cannabinoids are technically terpenes and involve some of the same metabolic pathways, the SAR-activating properties of Regalia enhance the production of both. I have not observed this and no studies, to my knowledge, suggest this is the case.
Thanks for the reply I'm really interested now. I conversed with some people who used it both and said the foliar was the best application. Said that watering with it caused some issues? I foliar with it regularly and watered once with it with my current veg crop. I didn't notice anything different after that.

I wonder if I should water my flowering plants with it or will it cause an issue. Do you know if the application rate is the same for watering it in as to using it as a foliar, which is 30 mL per gallon?
What are your recommendations for an bullet proof ipm and fungicides to attack an existing fungal infection?

MtnLivin

It's a great product to use in an IPM program. I would not recommend it for a PM outbreak. We use it in our IPM schedule in a 2600 light facility. Haven't seen PM in years.

Whammy Bar

This was my experience with Regalia: in late 2017 I was growing inside and outside at the same time in Maine. Outside here I have seen PM year after year...it grows on native weeds on the property, and usually spreads to my greenhouse in small amounts eventually. I ended up tracking it inside, and was battling it for a couple indoor runs early last year. I took cuttings from the same mothers that were having PM problems from previous indoor clones, planted them in 100 gal smartpots in the greenhouse, and basically prepared for the worst. I used Regalia as a foliar twice,and then as a soil drench once, and this was the first year that I had ZERO PM in the greenhouse, and weeds on the ground 100 feet from it were totally white with the stuff. As of now, I am very impressed with it as a preventative.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I was effected by PM for a total of 4 crops before I discovered Regalia. 1st was total crop loss thinking I could combat it simply spraying zerotol 2.0. Subsequent grows I managed to fend it off using nuke em (citric acid and yeast), but it would still be present right at the end.

Then using it as a preventative next crop, I sprayed and drenched regalia at 30mL per gal every 10 days a few times. No more PM. Not a sign of it.

With PM spores in the vicinity from previous crop I then completed a garden PM free using only 2 waterings of Regalia at 30mL/gal. No foliar. These were different cultivars that I'm unsure would have gotten PM, but Regalia is an excellent product none the less. You can tell the plants like it too.

Your milage may vary. My friend is battling PM and regalia has not worked for him on some cultivars as it has for me.

Drewsif

Wonder which terps, cuz lots of mersh bud from Oregon smells like rancid dairy products and a salty greasy unnatural taste. This is the future, they notice a smell, the lab shows 'terps', nevermind it's the byproduct of biological activity of a fungicide.

Funny, Google suggests "spraying regalia in flower", proving enough people doubted (or more accurately required guilt ridding conscience cleansing confirmation for) their unethical decisions.

I'll never understand how it makes more sense to grow susceptible Cannabis and spray it with Japanese knotweed extract rather than to grow healthy cannabis using its own microbes, which could be extracted from trim waste. Its pretty obvious how nature made it so far: by dropping a plants own leaves to its root zone..

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Regalia works great as a preventative. If you have an existing PM outbreak you will need to use something else first to knock it down.

Anecdotally, I have noticed some improved resistance to botrytis as well. We had one of the wettest years on record last year and I didnt lose much of my outdoor stuff to rot.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Colorado, Oregon, Washington and Nevada allow it.
The quart sized bottle was due out last May.

Can't find it...

It sounds like it kicks the plants into action, rather than does anything directly.
The weekly application isn't ideal.

I use organicide. It's also approved. Available. Lasts a couple of weeks. Has both preventative and treatment doses. Systemic. Degrades into PK.

I have only used it two years, but things have been very different. I would alternate with another product, but feel no loss from the in-availability of this one.

Miasa Mura

Hey MIhimegrown!
I haven’t ever used this product but I know a few growers who did and it made their flowers test positive for Myclobutanil. I’m fairly sure they put just enough to not list it on their product. Hope this information is helpful in your quest for the right product for your garden :)