What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orient Express x Nepal Jam feminized limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My Goddess Syd :) Looks like she is ready to pack good weight both in the centre of the plant and in the side branches :D

G

Transplanted to 18 lts today, preflowering stretch has started.

blgxWjE.jpg
WSaBzqb.jpg
w2FxxVQ.jpg

G

Hola dubi!
Looking better ,only drawback is that the mandatory post-stretch topping led to thinner colas and more leaf.She is budding nicely though and smells delicious.

tDX6cbw.jpg
z1rtJoG.jpg
fEEwnkP.jpg
ejeNab1.jpg
Hh6e2Nk.jpg

bukkit

hey guys. first post yay

i want to share my concern over my OExNJ im running and i hope you guys can share some advice on what might be wrong here

this is her at day 10 since popping from the ground.
im concerned about the leaves being all twisty and weird

View Image

View Image

View Image

the older stems look purple and im also seeing shades of purple on the under side of the leaves

View Image

im growing her in a 3x3 tent under blackdog phytomax2 200 led light. now its about 3 feet above the plant. the tent walls are lined with orca. enviromental conditions being pretty stable at RH 75% and t 27°C (80°F) leaf surface temp usually being 1-2°C cooler

View Image

im feeding her canna nutes at these ratios + a drop of aptus regulator(facilitor) for added silica

View Image

shes now in 1 liter airpot, and im giving her about 100ml of feed every day after the lights come on. this gives me about 20ml of runoff

im being very careful with measuring and adjusting ph for every feed. PH 5.8-6.0 / EC 1.4 is what goes in. and measuring the runoff, PH 6.0-6.1 at EC 0.8-1.0 is what goes out

so what gives ? why are the leaves acting weird like that. ive seen this problem in a couple of threads over the interwebs but none of them seemed to pinpoint the issue.

thanks

So Jung

I dont think that is it good to give water everyday. Plus you are feeding each time bro, she is 10 days, not sure if it is nice.

I would wait at least two weeks before starting to feed, try to wait for the pot to dry a bit before watering again. Thats all I see

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hey guys. first post yay

i want to share my concern over my OExNJ im running and i hope you guys can share some advice on what might be wrong here

this is her at day 10 since popping from the ground.
im concerned about the leaves being all twisty and weird

View Image

View Image

View Image

the older stems look purple and im also seeing shades of purple on the under side of the leaves

View Image

im growing her in a 3x3 tent under blackdog phytomax2 200 led light. now its about 3 feet above the plant. the tent walls are lined with orca. enviromental conditions being pretty stable at RH 75% and t 27°C (80°F) leaf surface temp usually being 1-2°C cooler

View Image

im feeding her canna nutes at these ratios + a drop of aptus regulator(facilitor) for added silica

View Image

shes now in 1 liter airpot, and im giving her about 100ml of feed every day after the lights come on. this gives me about 20ml of runoff

im being very careful with measuring and adjusting ph for every feed. PH 5.8-6.0 / EC 1.4 is what goes in. and measuring the runoff, PH 6.0-6.1 at EC 0.8-1.0 is what goes out

so what gives ? why are the leaves acting weird like that. ive seen this problem in a couple of threads over the interwebs but none of them seemed to pinpoint the issue.

thanks

Welcome bukkit,

Sorry i could not chime in earlier in the thread to reply you.

Honestly, i don't see any major problem in your seedling, most broad leaf indica strains can produce some leaf curling in seedling stage .... the purple colors are quite common with Nepal Jam hybrids recently produced with the purple Nepal Jam mother we have been using lately to produce all our latest feminized Nepal Jam hybrids. The ph and ec seems correct too.

Hope she is progressing nicely. Best wishes!

G

Thanks red!

Yo Dubi,I noticed that bro...You know I love this fatty creation of yours,dontcha?

I guess 3 more weeks at maximum,I foresee a half harvest at 2 weeks :biggrin:,so just plain water (maybe + some molasses)

Q106TYZ.jpg
ReElWaH.jpg
zoebmSN.jpg
sT8alQg.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd,

Your OE x NJ is barely reaching mid flowering, it's the kind of hybrid that with the right light intensity and feeding can produce new reflowerings and a very big final yield, so i would patient and let her ddo her job for at least 1 month more and then decide the right moment for harvest.

G

Hi bro!The bottom part of the plant is more done,while top seems like it can go longer. I have also seen that she drinks a lot less so I figured she was in the last third or so.I also have to say that the light intensity you mentioned,really isn't the best... got her in a relatively good spot though. I was thinking of stopping the nutes,now I'll follow your advice ,nuke her for a couple weeks more and make her fatter!Thanks for the help ! :huggg:

germinator843

Hello, I wanted you to give me the opinion of the plant that looks more yellow, this takes 2 weeks more than the other 3, about 80 seeds of OE x NJ have left 8 with this problem, they are more delayed and it seems that they do not grow , have all the same soil and the same fertilizer, algae, floramicro and florabloom, ph 5.9 and 6.2, soil 50% coconut 1/3 perlite and 1/3 earthworm humus, could it be some more sativa phenotype? or some genetic deformation?

oexnj.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome germinator843,

Thanks for supporting our work and for choosing Orient Express x Nepal Jam for your currrent grow and selections, much appreciated.

The yellowish plant seems like she doesn't like the ph in the soil or needs more nutrients, and most probably needs a transplant too. Check the lower part of the pot to check if the root system is already rootbounded. Those kind of pots are ok for germination, but once the seedling is well established then you need to transplant them to bigger pots.

It's normal to find a % of less vigorous plants in every population ... even with polyhybrids like OE x NJ that are usually quite vigorous, you will also find a % of less vigorous plants and a % of more vigorous plants over the average.

Kindly, show me in a pic a plant with delayed growth vs one that is growing vigorously and i will be able to recommend you more precisely.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That yellow pic looks like it just needs more Nitrogen. It's not a pH issue. That particular phenotype just requires more N than its siblings, is what it seems. Notice how it's only on the new growth, and the older growth isn't chlorotic, or speckled/splotchy.

Just add more N to the mix for that one.

germinator843

Here are the two with the same age and I do not think it is lack of nitrogen since I have been feeding almost twice that normal and does not change.

Attachments

• IMG_20180926_184215.jpg
    IMG_20180926_184215.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 33