What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
As some of you already know, we live in a very rural but alternative place.

The other day I went to visit a medicine man. He grows many sorts of hallucinogenic cacti and plants. When he looks at you he looks at your soul. One of the most "connected" people I know. A real worker of energies.

Well, I swapped some nicely matured Golden Tiger cob for some of his mushrooms. He inspected it and said he could feel the love that went into both the plant and the cob. After a bong, he was waxing lyrical about it. I explained about how to eat it and he took a gram.

This morning I got up to a message from him saying that it was "proper medicine!."

Tangwena

Veteran
As some of you already know, we live in a very rural but alternative place.

The other day I went to visit a medicine man. He grows many sorts of hallucinogenic cacti and plants. When he looks at you he looks at your soul. One of the most "connected" people I know. A real worker of energies.

Well, I swapped some nicely matured Golden Tiger cob for some of his mushrooms. He inspected it and said he could feel the love that went into both the plant and the cob. After a bong, he was waxing lyrical about it. I explained about how to eat it and he took a gram.

This morning I got up to a message from him saying that it was "proper medicine!."
Exactly what a friend of mine said about the Golden Tiger cobs I showed him after he tasted them.
He liked it so much he stole them from me ha ha.
I suspected it was him but only found out for sure after he had died.
Not from my hands I hasten to add ha ha.

Luckily for him I forgave him before he died as I would have done the same thing in his shoes in my younger days ha ha.
After I heard that he had died from a heart attack I was feeling very down thinking the cobs I had left with him may have been the reason for the heart attack.
But the strangest thing happened I got this overwhelming feeling of love a warm deep feeling that I thought could only of come from him.
Great weed indeed.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
It's sad when people feel they have to steal weed; I'm always happy to give it away.
Mrs DM often gives the local beggars a gram or so, rather than give them money; somehow they seem to prefer a small piece of cob to cash😂

I truly believe that cob when eaten, is a very powerful entheogen and if used correctly it can help with entering different levels of consciousness. It's also very nice to get high on too.😂

funkyhorse

I got curious from the post of the mexican brother and opened the oldest brick to check and wrapped it back on the banana bark for 3 more months of cure minimum
It is doing a slow low temperature cure at the GH
NC 2 brick (4).jpeg
NC 2 brick (3).jpeg
NC 2 brick (2).jpeg
NC 2 brick (1).jpeg

ost

It's sad when people feel they have to steal weed; I'm always happy to give it away.
Mrs DM often gives the local beggars a gram or so, rather than give them money; somehow they seem to prefer a small piece of cob to cash😂

I truly believe that cob when eaten, is a very powerful entheogen and if used correctly it can help with entering different levels of consciousness. It's also very nice to get high on too.😂
no farther than i am into this ,the more impressed,i am with the old ways!

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran

ProfessorLefty

@Tangwena I haven't tried the Auto-Zamaldelica Cobs from last year yet :) I have so much stuff I still have to test. :))
Because the flowers were so dry, I only checked after 24 hours. After opening the bag, it didn't take long for the room to be filled with a sweet, slightly sour smell. I left the cobs in the room for a few hours and then welded them back together.
View attachment 18871917

View attachment 18871918
Auto-Zamaldelica 2022 smells very strongly of jasmine and musk. an oily layer has formed on the cob.
Ha—coincidentally, I’m chewing 0.2g of an Auto Zamaldelica cob from early January right now —mostly pepper & balsamic with a bit of herb and pine for this one

sneezydog

Sometimes save an ashtray of roaches and give to a begging homeless.... better than the meth or alchohol. Only when i have enough to spare roaches haha.
Ive been "homeless" before happily and think there needs to be another term. Like, useful happy self propelled helpful homeless or negative downer druggie homeless. Same word wayyy different thing. Like Hobo. I always wanted to be a Hobo.
Maybe a Hobo teaching the art of the cob.
Funkyhorse that is the most beautiful thing to be shown in a while imo because of those red hairs and also the fact that that is as old school as it gets. I will try next time. I was using Ti leaves but the bark looks better. Cheers.

Last edited:

sneezydog

I am curious what other fermentation is done with natural wrappers. I wonder if i could make sausage with banana bark. It seems like a nice slow release moisture pad, and very strong. More than corn husks.
Tang or anyone ever make any smoked fish sausage with chunks of pig fat?
Hawaiian style that...
Thinking of the fishing out there you know i need any pictures you can take.

Attachments

• 20230807_072115.jpg
    20230807_072115.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28

funkyhorse

I'm ready to cob some KC x Zamaldelica. Sadly I've discovered my vac sealer is no longer vaccing. Would wrapping it tightly such as funky has done work as well?
Gday Chi
This is wrapped on banana bark, kept during winter at the gh so it is having a very slow cure
I dont put this on yoghurt maker, I just wrap it and place it as is inside a carton box
At the moment temperatures are 5-30C maximum at the GH
During spring towards summer temperatures pick up to 40C
So it is something like having a long fermentation time plus a long drying time for a total of 6 months cure minimum
This was the most succesful method so I am trying different varieties to see how they brick

A method worth trying is bamboo cure
fill a fresh bamboo with weed and seal it with a cork or with bee wax in order to make vacuum and keep it at the sun
It all cures together
I wanted to try this method this year but I am lazy, fresh banana bark is in the garden of this house I am renting and bamboo I need to bring from a few kilometers away

Another method worth trying is wrapping tightly and burying it
Buried I think there will be less temperature swing

There are so many methods to explore
These guys use heat compression technology, I'd love to know how they do it
Brick looks good

This one it seems they fill the string net with bud and then cure it?
How they do this one?
17u$s for 10 gram. The bad thing is they only deliver in Thailand...

This Koh Tao brick is 3,5u$s for 10 grams, do you think the western world can compete with the price? Competition can only come from South America and Africa
If this would be a free world I should be buying from landrace dispensaries around the planet all these bricks

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Gday Chi
This is wrapped on banana bark, kept during winter at the gh so it is having a very slow cure
I dont put this on yoghurt maker, I just wrap it and place it as is inside a carton box
At the moment temperatures are 5-30C maximum at the GH
During spring towards summer temperatures pick up to 40C
So it is something like having a long fermentation time plus a long drying time for a total of 6 months cure minimum
This was the most succesful method so I am trying different varieties to see how they brick

A method worth trying is bamboo cure
fill a fresh bamboo with weed and seal it with a cork or with bee wax in order to make vacuum and keep it at the sun
It all cures together
I wanted to try this method this year but I am lazy, fresh banana bark is in the garden of this house I am renting and bamboo I need to bring from a few kilometers away

Another method worth trying is wrapping tightly and burying it
Buried I think there will be less temperature swing

There are so many methods to explore
These guys use heat compression technology, I'd love to know how they do it
Brick looks good

This one it seems they fill the string net with bud and then cure it?
How they do this one?
17u$s for 10 gram. The bad thing is they only deliver in Thailand...

This Koh Tao brick is 3,5u$s for 10 grams, do you think the western world can compete with the price? Competition can only come from South America and Africa
If this would be a free world I should be buying from landrace dispensaries around the planet all these bricks
Hi funkyhorse, thanks so much for the detailed reply. Yours looks great! I have access to banana bark so will try that. The only bamboo around here is that enormous one and I don't really have enough to fill it properly. Japanese bamboo would be perfect but I don't know of any around here.

It is winter here so I thought of putting it in a crock pot for initial heat. Lack of heat worries me slightly with fermentation at least in the initial stages. I make my own kimchi for example and that needs salt. I think for fermentation to be safe you need either salt or heat, but maybe I'm worrying for no reason.

Latest posts

Latest posts