What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Magoo

talktosamson

Veteran
Wanted to throw up a smoke report for one of my favorite strains. The Blue Magoo originates from Oregon and it a cross of Blueberry and Major League Bud, the second parent being of unknown origin I believe.

Look: Frosty tight nugs, medium green with blue and purple overtones.

Smell: Heavy blueberry and fruity smell with undertones of purple creamy candy, complex, one you don't forget once you smelled her a few times.

Taste: Creamy Purple candy. Reminiscent of GDP but with a more creamy taste, hints of blueberry funk during exhale and left in your mouth.

Effect: Heavy Indica Stone, great for pain or bed. We have been putting in fire wood and this one helps my chronic back spasms and pain after a long day of work.

picture.php

The sample was my last larger nug, I had some wonder specimens but they went down the ROOR quickly.

talktosamson

Veteran
She grows short and bushy, gotta top and train it into a shrub if you want her to yeild well. Gotta watch out for molud and the likes as these nugs grow very dence and hard near harvest. She's a little picky on the ppm and feedings, a lot like her blueberry parent in that regard.

chos3n

Great report bro thanks for sharing.

I picked up 3 packs of CV Blue Magoo x JBJ, hope to find a bm dom pheno and hold onto that girl for a while.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I saw the title and I knew you would be involved in some way

hit me up next trip up here

gdup

I thought Blue Magoo was Blueberry X Williams Wonder F2
NVM, I'm reading that Major League Bud is some kind of Williams Wonder F2, BX, IBL who knows.
I also got a pack of the Blue Magoo X Jazz Berry Jam, very excited to see what comes out of it.

gdup

Here's some pics of Blue Magoo from another site I was reading
These aren't my pics but it's funny how the Blue Magoo that was grown is "Blue" and the Blue Magoo bought at the med club is green.
I've noticed that with alot of blue and purple named strains the med clubs either aren't being sold the top colas with the most color or they are just calling green strains by different names to make them more appealing to customers. Not saying that is what happened in this case, just a theory I have.

Attachments

• DSCN36011.jpg
    DSCN36011.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 75
  • resized_bm2.jpg
    resized_bm2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 74

talktosamson

Veteran
I saw the title and I knew you would be involved in some way

hit me up next trip up here

Who me?

Here's some pics of Blue Magoo from another site I was reading
These aren't my pics but it's funny how the Blue Magoo that was grown is "Blue" and the Blue Magoo bought at the med club is green.
I've noticed that with alot of blue and purple named strains the med clubs either aren't being sold the top colas with the most color or they are just calling green strains by different names to make them more appealing to customers. Not saying that is what happened in this case, just a theory I have.

Actually, most of the nugs I got were were blue and purple, this smoke report was an afterthought and that was the last decent sized nug left in the jar. I also trimmed it up real tight to try and get the frost and structure. Magoo us a favorite of mine, ive grown her many times and can tell the real from the fake with a quick smell, this was some very good magoo, grown organic in soil.

Those seeds all sounds really good, did not know there were many magoo crosses out there, its a strain with not a lot of hype but that is very good.

gdup

Who me?

Actually, most of the nugs I got were were blue and purple, this smoke report was an afterthought and that was the last decent sized nug left in the jar. I also trimmed it up real tight to try and get the frost and structure. Magoo us a favorite of mine, ive grown her many times and can tell the real from the fake with a quick smell, this was some very good magoo, grown organic in soil.

Those seeds all sounds really good, did not know there were many magoo crosses out there, its a strain with not a lot of hype but that is very good.

Glad to hear that, I'm really looking forward to growing these out, the Blue Magoo intrigued me. I would think the Blue Magoo crossed with the Jazz Berry Jam will make some nice purple/blue candy tasting plants.

Hazeo

Veteran
Hey mate,

great report! not only the "tastes juicy" style of reporting, it is quite extensive!'
i never had this plant around me or friend or something, but i heard/read about it, so it was double nice to find your report here...
seems to be a good choice!!!

thanks for that!

good work, keep it up!!!

high regards
Hazeo

talktosamson

Veteran
Glad to hear that, I'm really looking forward to growing these out, the Blue Magoo intrigued me. I would think the Blue Magoo crossed with the Jazz Berry Jam will make some nice purple/blue candy tasting plants.

Im stoked someone is making crosses with the magoo, ill be front row if you put a thread up. I could also help you identify if you have a magoo dom pheno since Ive got experience with her. Don't know what jazzy berry jam is but it sounds good, can only make the magoo better or vice versa. Above you mentioned that MLB might be a willys bx2? I have good friends in Williams Oregon and have met the old dudes who made the willys. I don't taste or smell any of that in her. Seems to me it was blueberry and something purple Indica-ish, mendo purps or the like. Either way thanks for your input, Ive never even heard of a mention of MLB parents. So who knows...

Hey mate,

great report! not only the "tastes juicy" style of reporting, it is quite extensive!'
i never had this plant around me or friend or something, but i heard/read about it, so it was double nice to find your report here...
seems to be a good choice!!!

thanks for that!

good work, keep it up!!!
high regards
Hazeo

Hello friend, thanks for stopping by. I try and give back with reports of all kinds, especially when I search and no one has done the strain yet. I feel like we need to keep as much information as possible around, knowledge is power. When I was in college, the maggo was all the rage, but it was a time when purple stuff was the trend, so everyone ran the magoo, urkle, GDP, Mendo Purps... Now that we are in a kush/diesel age a lot of those older indica strains are getting harder and harder to find. Good indicas help my pain the most, so I tend to keep those around and ignore the trends to some extent lol

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Great work bro!! I'm aching to smoke this... I saw some at Kannabosm here in Eugene, and it was pretty swaggy lookin so I left it be. But I acquired some Blue Magoo Bx1 beans not too long ago from Dynasty seeds. Only released here in OR ;) Cant wait! 3 out of 3 beans are now above soil. I believe the Bx1 is... Blue Magoo x Huckleberry/Blue Magoo. Much love! those nuggets loooks sooooo dank! SL

talktosamson

Veteran
Great work bro!! I'm aching to smoke this... I saw some at Kannabosm here in Eugene, and it was pretty swaggy lookin so I left it be. But I acquired some Blue Magoo Bx1 beans not too long ago from Dynasty seeds. Only released here in OR ;) Cant wait! 3 out of 3 beans are now above soil. I believe the Bx1 is... Blue Magoo x Huckleberry/Blue Magoo. Much love! those nuggets loooks sooooo dank! SL

Whats up OMMP homie, thanks for stopping by! Those sounds like they should be some good beans man. Like I said above the magoo is not a popular strain for some reason, I love it and its super dank so maybe we can help bring it back.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran

got myself some blue magoo bx on the way. des*star bx too. tee hee hee. professor is the man. everything i've grown from him has been amazing. grown 7 of his strains. maybe more..

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
i've grown 10+ packs of cosmic brain and found some really great stuff. his favorite of mine would be the ms universe my boy grew..fire.

about to pop some drizella in the near future. one of the best breeders out. and he is an actual breeder..no pollen chucking going on there..dude knows his stuff.