What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's made glycerine tincture?

SmOakland

I'm living in dorms at a University in Louisiana. I just moved from California and cant believe how strict they are here. Could I put glycerin tinc on a cigarette and smoke it to get high?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
ive been at this for only 3-4 days, ive read what I have read and know no more, other than I like vapeing VG better than grape seed oil but looking for more 'affect'. i've started with a ratio of 7 grams of herb to 4zo VG. I 'think' im getting high but want more conclusive evidence :biggrin:. if one starts with this ratio, there is enough VG to cover the herb.. hot method. can I use the already infused and strained VG, with a little more VG added to make 4oz, and drop in another 7 grams to double the concentration of THC? is there a downside?

Agaricus

Got a couple questions:

Why 160F? Wouldn't boiling be at least as good? It's still way below the boiling point of glycerin and seems like it's good for some degree of decarb, low enough that it's unlikely to go past the peak. Loss of terpenes maybe?

I'm curious about "pumping" the temperature. Any experiments comparing pumped with some held at temperature? Assuming both are regularly agitated. Insight into how the idea of pumping came about?

Just my curiosity. I'm in the process now of doing a hot extraction for a friend with cancer and I hope it comes out well.

HillBilly1

Veteran
I am going to have to have my wife read this thread and try these for me.. I am still doing it the old ways..

Thanks for the info

Agaricus

I've had a success! Filled a half pint jar about 1/2 full of decarbed popcorn and sugar leaves, added VG to about half or three quarters inch above the weed. Heated, stirred, cooled 3-4 times a day for 5 days.

There's some plant material left in the final product because I used a fairly fine kitchen strainer. Paper coffee filters suck, I may pick up a permanent one to use next time. The last of the juice was pressed out in a potato ricer with a disc of coffee filter paper in the bottom. Did a second pull the same way but only a couple days.

Then I returned the remains to the jar, covered it with Everclear. It's in the cupboard and I shake it around from time to time. I'm really curious about the result.

Anyway, it tastes decent and does the trick. A half dropperful under the tongue was very pleasant. Smoked a bit with it too. About as stoned as I've been in a long time but different than I'm used to. Very, very nice.

Thanks Gray Wolf for your write-up, it works!

mingmen

I have bho and CO2 leftovers from doing an alcohol wash on vape carts that failed or leaked. Do I need to cook this before consuming or can I just eat it?

DenverJim

Long seeping time

Long seeping time

I put a mixture of buds seeds flowers mostly broken up into a pt. Canning jar fill it with glycerin. Put it in a cold cabinet and forget about it. Turning the jar when ever I am getting something from the cabinet. I put the strain and date on the jar. Then it sits for 9 months to a year and a half.
Some times I put the jar in the oven at 170 F for a bit till the glycerin gets hot. Then back to cold storage. In order to separate the thick as roofing tar cold glycerin I heat ur in the oven at 170F till it flows better. Then the jar is inverted over a series of serves starting with a standard colander to collect the largest prices then A series of smaller and smaller sizes the smallest being ~ 60 microns. This is done in an oven 170f till most has drained out. I press out some more with a spoon. Then it goes to a tomato masher ( used to separate the skins and seeds from the tomato juice. This gets out some more but not all of the glycerin. Sometimes I put it into the oven @ 170 F for a while sometimes not.
it then goes to the freezer. My method contains some H2O so it will spoil at room temp. I think but am not sure it could also spoil in the 40F refer. The stuff just sits in the freezer ready To use.
Some can be very strong. I made SJW with Head trip. 15ml was a scary experience for the first hour. I hid in my bed in the dark. Something like mushrooms without the stomach churning. Then I was just higher than a kite for hours. I wasn’t sure I really was that high so I did it again the next night with the same results. I kept saying to myself it’s only weed it can’t kill you.
Head trip is choc trip x snow lotus the name describes the effects perfectly enough when smoking it except you have more control of the high.
Buy using leather buds more of the water soluble terpines and anthocyains are extracted so the color comes through. Purple wookie is purple. I don’t decarb because it vaporizes some of the terpenes.

imiubu

I make my VG tincture in a large crock pot. 4 oz. mixed fine dry trim to 1/2 gal. VG. Heat on the lowest setting slowly over a 24 hr. period. I use a candy thermometer to monitor the temp, trying to keep it at an average 180 degrees. Stir regularly and leave the lid on halfway. I do not cover completely as the mixture becomes too hot then the tincture tastes burnt. I've been using a potato ricer lined with butter muslin to squeeze out the plant matter. I keep the 'pucks' to reprocess at a later time.

This last time, I placed all my saved pucks into a double boiler and covered them with approx. 4 inches of water then warmed it low and slow for several hours stirring regularly. I didn't check the temp of the mixture this last time though, sigh. Once I strained the plant matter out, I continued to warm the water/ tincture mixture until the viscosity was as near to normal VG tincture and poured it off into pint jars. This took almost a full 24hrs. of warming.

Doing reclamation this way isn't very 'sciency' but man was it effective.
I use VG tincture when nerve pain is outta control. It tamps it down significantly.

General consensus from others is that the effects are "an overall sense of well being". IMO, that is a good thing.

After reading this thread and particularly @GreyWolf's entries, I may modify (lower temp?) my process with the next batch.

If you haven't tried a VG tincture, I suggest you give it a whirl :)