What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NECANN anyone?

perismoke

Ill be there on Saturday...Last year I was amazed what big business this has become and this year will be an even more feverish pitch....
Lots of seed vendors and the dispensaries, of course. Extraction technology,the Nutrient vendors...LED's and my fav..HTG.
Should be a good event

Muleskinner

Veteran
Hell yeah this is my favorite weekend of the whole year! Was not happy to see the price go from $25 to $30 though, the best thing about NECANN is that's it's open to both professional industry types and also entry-level consumers.

Will be interesting to check out the seed-selling action. I've noticed since last year that seed prices are actually higher at these conventions tham from James Bean, which is strange. The convention appears to be one of the worst places to buy seeds....unless you do some haggling. Too many wealth college kids are ready to throw money at these guys.

KONY

Veteran
I'll be there on Friday with some 95 day Citron City flowers and various concentrates if anyone wants to burn one.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm not doing Boston, but it looks like in June there is one in Springfield and that's my neck of the woods.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Looks like I'm heading down early tomorrow to try to catch the speech by Peter Tosh's daughter. Will probably try to scam my way into some of the cultivation talks if I can

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Hell yeah this is my favorite weekend of the whole year! Was not happy to see the price go from $25 to $30 though, the best thing about NECANN is that's it's open to both professional industry types and also entry-level consumers.

Will be interesting to check out the seed-selling action. I've noticed since last year that seed prices are actually higher at these conventions tham from James Bean, which is strange. The convention appears to be one of the worst places to buy seeds....unless you do some haggling. Too many wealth college kids are ready to throw money at these guys.

what breeders were there just wondering debating on taking the drive to june one

FJ2000

I’m in a border state(money grubbin, no homegrow, BS rec law plannin state), think I’m gonna hit this. Do breaders generally just have seeds out for sale like it’s no big deal? How do the prices compare to the mailorder banks here in the US? I see some people said the prices were high.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Swamp Boys and Dark Horse. A few others I don't know.

Seed Source is there. He has about 3o Bodhi strains and maybe 20 breeders. Wouldn't be surprised if he has 500 different strains on hand. Go talk to him and mention you are an ICMagger.

Plenty of seeds. Good guy.
picture.php

perismoke

I enjoyed NECANN yesterday...went with a noted grower friend...we were amazed at the depth and complexity of the extraction displays...giant fractional distillers etc. CBD was big big and getting bigger in my opinion. I had a nice long talk with Mosca...I admire his modesty and his continual reasonable pricing of seeds. I picked up a Mosca limited edition...Feminized Indiana Bubblegum...which I'm going to run outdoors into trees ....

Muleskinner

Veteran
wow, it's grown even bigger this year! very serious business going on. Every year gets more professional, there were way fewer people blazing up in the smoking section this year. Still a lot of fun though. They put laminated signs saying "no MJ consumption" right in the area where everyone is smoking huge joints.

There were more than a dozen booths selling seeds - Mosca, Subcool seeds, Bros. Grimm, Dynasty and Professor P were also there, Artizen, Mass Medical Strains, many more.

I think my fave display this year was the huge, 2-story bud sorting machine. You have to climb a ladder to get up there!

https://greenbroz.com/precision-batcher/

the seminars were crowded, the rooms were packed with people spilling out the door on most of the business ones, NECANN's going to need more space in Boston next year. It's a fascinating mix of consumers, big business, and underground entrepreneurs. You can see most of the growing is still underground, just from visiting the lighting company booths - Fluence brought a huge spread from TExas. Most of the attendees asking about cultivation issues are obviously not the corporate licensed growers, just regular joes

edit, here's a list of vendors - seedsherenow was there also

https://shows.map-dynamics.com/necc2019/

Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
holy shit mule skinner bud sorting technology. haha had to look that up it uses air kush technology hahah. high tech stuff

Latest posts

Latest posts