What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Canada

smilley

Veteran
I live in northern Alberta and plan to grow my 4 legal plants outdoors. I realise that it won't be legal till sometime in July but I'm going to jump the gun and put out seedlings in late May and it'll be legal by harvest time. I believe that the only way to accomplish this is with auto seeds (preferably fems) as July daylight is about 17 - 18 hrs and any regular plants I've grown outdoors have been frost killed long before harvest time.

Any recommendations on strain/breeder would be appreciated. I'm looking for something that's hardy and potent. Preferably less than 4 ft tall and low-ish odor. Any input would be much appreciated.

Maple_Flail

July first isn't happening. Period.

Wouldn't recommend autos in that area, Light dep. and 8-10 week indica or hybrid

also pray there isn't a hemp farm within oh. 20km?

Maple_Flail

if you think that the 4 plant law will pass you should think again,aint gonna happen

actually, its one of the least soundly contested. there is already Premise for it to be made that way. have you been following the debates out of curiosity?

IE, your right to brew your own beer, wine, grow your own tobacco exists.

The topics that are actually being talked about in debates (i've not read the last day of debate yet but still i don't think it will change)

- possession limit for kids. (wtf government.. wtf)

- WTF to do about impairment testing.. for work and driving.

- Education.
(lost cause if you ask me, who is gonna listen to a government that's been lying about it for almost 100 years now has better education for everyone that is a sugar coated bias of what was said before?)

they are yet to back shit up by vet peer reviewed crap. this is only starting to trickle in with the debates and committees.

Next hot topics after that.. Taxation, distribution, and Funding of legit business from the "black"market

only thing really relating with any kinda of stick around thought is the landlords that look like fools trying to get other laws change so they can retroactively ban people from growing or smoking in their place... the senate's view... well where are people supposed to use.

they conceded a very small population will be growing and i tend to think they are right.

yahooman

they have way too much legislation to agree on,and it wont happen by july...its the government after all

Maple_Flail

they have way too much legislation to agree on,and it wont happen by july...its the government after all

ok well, from that perspective, Ya.. I'll be surprised if its actually finished by the end of the summer.

it won't be here on time, but i'm sure if the bill in any part gets ascension, there will be a homegrow provision.

smilley

Veteran
It will happen, the Alberta govy is already taking applications for retail outlets and expect to approve over 200 this year. I believe August 1st will be the date so the retail operations will have product to sell. It would be a disaster if all the outlets get approved, sign leases and spend to meet the requirements and couldn't sell a thing for months on end.

I'm growing my 4 quasi legal plants in the backyard regardless. I've been breaking the cannabis laws for 44 years, why would it bother me now. I guess I'll try some auto white widow or something like that. We get hail, brutal rains and numerous pot loving insects so this is more of an experiment than necessary. If my last 2 attempts at growing corn in containers is an indication, the autos will be a failure.

Latest posts

Latest posts