What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 light

Art112

I have a grow in a 2x4x5 3 plants in there and 1 in a 3 gallon and two in 2 gallons,
Ive had them since 2/23/18 lookin to see if I should switch over now to 12/12 I hear they double or even triple in size!?.. thank you!:tiphat:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Am I wrong or isn't that only about two weeks and change? Wait a minute, you aren't saying that they're 16 day seedlings, are you?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...the auto will flower when it reachs whatever age it is genetically programmed to flower so i personally would be running it on a 24/0 light cycle, with the caveat that i don't run autos in my garden.

...the other 2 i think i'd be waiting until i could take at least a couple of cuttings before i flipped them to 12/12, this way you have the genetics backed up in case you find something special, you can't keep it if you don't clone it.

...oh yeah, in the future i would recommend that you post pictures with your questions so we can at least sorta see what you're talking about.

peace, bozo

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seed. 1 is a Auto flower

You actually minimize what an auto can do at 12/12. Should be at 18/6 or 20/4. Autos need only a brief period of rest before next light cycle. 24/0....although many run autos that way, I've seen no appreciable difference.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Without looking at your plants, i would say you could flip them to 12/12. It depends on how tall you want them to end up being, based on how much headroom you have.

Yeah, that's the thing about autos- they almost need their own grow space, or else they become the one really tall plant in your veg room.

Art112

7ADA1A69-C9B5-46B9-90D4-D13B138F7905.jpg

Art112

This is a few days old but there getting a little bigger.. I’m just worried about her getting bigger then my ⛺️..

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Your plants look ready to flower, I say flip 'em to 12/12.

As for your auto, you're either going to have to give her a room of her own, so you can continue 18/6 or even 24/0. Or else be happy with the limited success you're going to have trying to flower an auto under 12/12.

Latest posts

Latest posts