What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where can I find True Breeding Northern Climate Varieties??

OnceUpon

thanks people

@neogreen, Moroc inspriration caught my eye.ill have to dig through youroldposts and see. thanks for helping

neongreen

Veteran
thanks people

@neogreen, Moroc inspriration caught my eye.ill have to dig through youroldposts and see. thanks for helping

The MI is a great strain. A bit loose/fluffy buds, but even in the wettest years it stays 99% mold/rot free.

If you prefer denser buds, then the BH Nepali is a great choice, but it's a little more mold prone.

:tiphat:

OnceUpon

The MI is a great strain. A bit loose/fluffy buds, but even in the wettest years it stays 99% mold/rot free.

If you prefer denser buds, then the BH Nepali is a great choice, but it's a little more mold prone.

:tiphat:

found your old posts, you mention hermie tendancies in the Maroc Inspiration. too bad!.... im loooking for breeding stock.no hermie tolerance policy. shoots

neongreen

Veteran
found your old posts, you mention hermie tendancies in the Maroc Inspiration. too bad!.... im loooking for breeding stock.no hermie tolerance policy. shoots

It's strange, but I seem to be the only one that finds intersex plants in the MI. Everyone else that grows it does fine! Perhaps it's to do with the way I grow them or something in my environment. Even so I still love the MI, but I keep them away from the others just in case.

OnceUpon

searching for inbred/true breeding lines that finish north... nepalese strains seem to keep showing up. as far as "landrace" varieties go. nepali's and afghani seem to be the most common. south african's show up too (like ciskei that was mentioned earlier)

thank you for the input neogreen

hamstring

Veteran
UDG unleashdagreen

Canadian growers and breeders would be the place to go in my opinion. Midwest growers like myself have grown many Canadian strains

Recreational weed is going to be legal sometime this year in Canada. There will a be continued development in outdoor northern strains.

Outdoor growing is making a huge comeback. It's what growing gravitates towards when recreational weed is legal.

Dday391

Canada going legal is probably the best thing for all us growers from the 40s to the 50s in high latitudes. They don't have to breed on the dl in the forest anymore. Thank the Lord lol.i can't wait to see what comes. As for the op.. I'd say start with a kush or Afghan landrace and go from there. It seems the most logical starting point find a good pheno that stands up to the environment. But this is not new lol. Good luck finding what your looking for.

OnceUpon

thanks folks... snatched some blue hemp nepali (repro by derg corra) to try this summer

happy to see this threads still going

therevverend

Veteran
Haven't personally tried any of their strains but Getaway Mountain Seeds looks good. Someone around here did their stuff guerrilla and liked it.
Swami has a Cascadia Frost strain that's suppose to be fairly mold resistant.

NordicGenetics

And they are all what would probably be considered semi-auto (full auto in lower latitudes). They are all very hardy, quick, and mold resistent strains, too. Good breeding stock for injecting some hardiness and quickness into other strains.

G

HFH seeds, very consistent and fast flowering Heres one of mine from a few years ago. Royal dane if i remember right:tiphat:

Attachments

• 26336new_196.jpg
    26336new_196.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 10
O

Odisseo86

there is not much out there...

I'm nostalgic of the strains of old breeders, Bernard Rappaz - Valchanvre seeds, Owls production seeds and SwissSeeds
strains breeding and acclimatized in the Swiss mountains
as

Alp King
Acclimatized to the Swiss Alps conditions in 1996, Alp King is a Afghani x Skunk hybrid. Late harvest, medium size buds, very strong smell, a variety worth a try.
Red Valais has been selected for its remarkable ornamental qualities. This variety does well under Swiss Alps conditions and shows blue and purple hues at harvest. Faint lavender smell. Potency and resin production similar to Walliser Queen. Early flowering. Also suited for indoor cultivation.

Purpurea Ticinensis
This strain of cannabis, it is after eight years of work in selecting the best specimens at 1300 meters altitude in the mountains of Ticino.
Purpurea Ticinensis is designed to be grown in all climates, is an SUV and has a high resistance to rust, plus we have a surprise at the end of flowering, it becomes a spectacular purple completely, rocked!
We can not forget the high medicinal value flowers Purpurea Ticinensis, its effect is very relaxing in the body and is used to alleviate inflammatory problems, anti-psychotic, anxiety, chronic pain, gastrointestinal disorders, spasms and tension.

and

Walliser Queen, Erdbeerli, Owl' skunk, Granflora (Afghani x Ticinensis Purpurea)

you can still find something

Alpine seeds, had in the catalog (I do not know if still present) Original Swiss Erdbeerli http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Original_Swiss_Erdbeerli/Alpine-Seeds/

Owl',s seeds they are sold under the Owl's production seeds and Helvetic seeds...with strains Glanflora, Purpurea Ticinensis...

Valchanvre and Swissseeds some of their strain are proposed by ,United Seedbanks swiss collective, Zen seeds and others check on http://en.**********.eu

Sorry for my bad english