What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
greenbutterqx7.jpg

Im using this same mix. That isnt my butter. But I am off to make mine Ill take pics of what I use through the process. Hope to have a good turn out. I have 1/8th of killer dense nuggets, 6grams of little buds from the bottom of a 6 week flowering plant, 2-5g's of keifed shake, and a quarter of stems from multiple strains. Cant wait to taste it.

Wildfire

BEST CANNABUTTER RECIPE EVER!

ive used this 4 times now and its been the 4 best rounds of butter ive done. thanks for the post!

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Fantastic thread !!

I have a sh*t load of scrap bud and bud leaf from a couple grows and will definetly be trying this butter recipe along with the many other ideas found in this thread.

Couple questions though. In an 11x7 inch pan, how big would I want to cut the brownies or how big should I make cookies to make each one equal to one dose?

Jorge Cervantes' growing book suggests 1/4 lb of trim to 1 lb of butter and the 1/4 lb of trim to 1.5 liters of oil. Does this sound right?

Thanx for all the info. I'm gonna be a baking fool this weekend. I'll post results when complete.

Pirate

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
Pirate said:
Couple questions though. In an 11x7 inch pan, how big would I want to cut the brownies or how big should I make cookies to make each one equal to one dose?

Jorge Cervantes' growing book suggests 1/4 lb of trim to 1 lb of butter and the 1/4 lb of trim to 1.5 liters of oil. Does this sound right?

Thanx for all the info. I'm gonna be a baking fool this weekend. I'll post results when complete.
how much of that trim do you have to smoke to get a nice high? Well take that and double it. Then divide that by the total amount of trim. That will give you the amount you need to eat and how many servings you will get. Then just make that many cookies/brownies so you will have once dose per treat.

Well I think 4 oz's of trim to 4 sticks of butter is about right. If its decent shit you wont need so much.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
glasspackedbowl said:
how much of that trim do you have to smoke to get a nice high? Well take that and double it. Then divide that by the total amount of trim. That will give you the amount you need to eat and how many servings you will get. Then just make that many cookies/brownies so you will have once dose per treat.

Well I think 4 oz's of trim to 4 sticks of butter is about right. If its decent shit you wont need so much.

Thanx for the info. I guess I'll have to do a little math.

The buds I'm gonna use are from the lower parts of the plants that didn't get to much light. Plus the leaf trimmings from the top buds after manicuring. Its all covered with trichs. I have not smoked the actual trim but the buds from these plants are top grade.

Thanks again.

Pirate

bingobongo

This is most excellent, I'm all over this! Great thread.....I'm giving my lungs a break due to getting over walking pneumonia. This should give a new dimension to "Wake-n-Bake" eh? Can't wait, I have some dank Old Skool nuggs that glisten with frost!

Nice job and thank you!
Stay Safe,
BB

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
how long have you guys kept butter for? you can freeze it I guess right?

I eat weed but not that often. and I wouldn't want a big bag of shake hanging around my house until I made it fresh.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
butter keeps in fridge for about a week it goes sour/rancid so either bake it into something and keep that brownie/cookie in bag or freeze the butter after you stew it up.

scruffy

Well, as some know I just had my wisdom teeth pulled, and after a dry socket last time I had a tooth pulled, I'll do whatever it takes to avoid that pain. So I've been having quite a bit of butter. Sticking to the 1oz weed to 1lb butter ratio, gives me a reference point for dosage. Eating 1/4 stick of the product in a bowl of oatmeal gives a perfect warm happy buzz that I really enjoy. I currently don't have an oven that works, so I'm limited in my treats. As soon as the new stove is hooked up, look out, because I'm going crazy with some good stuff!

I will say that the oatmeal with honey, cinnamon and vanilla leaves just a kind of minty/fresh herb overtone that is not unpleasant at all. And this last batch was not boiled again to remove impurities, so it's pretty green.

Also, I set my butter "cakes" out on some paper to dry a bit before putting them in the fridge. They have all lasted up to two weeks with no ill effects/spoilage. Extracting as much water as you can is key. Going through a lot of herb fast, which almost concerns me!

G

Guest 16149

Hi all
Thanks Haschhishin for the great tutorial, heres my results from the day I took them out of the fridge and drained them

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
hi guys i want just to place my little imput:

I've been cooking with cannabis for a while and i can assure you that this way not only you'll get the strongest butter, but also the best tastier.

First: Take a large saucepan a fill with water. Put it on fire.

When the water is hot (never boiling) pick a smaller saucepan and put it floating in the bigger pan. Place the butter and wait it melts, add the weed and keep this way for 10-15 minutes till the butter turn to a dark green.

Not putting the butter straight on on the saucepan on fire will prevent the butter to get too hot and fry, destroying part of the THC.

Take the small saucepan and put outside, with the weed still inside, for like 2 days, till it gets very hard.

This way the butter will absorb EVERYTHING from weed: thc, good taste, bad taste, crap...

Now take again the small saucepan and put in a bigger saucepan as in the first step. Add to the small sauce pan 5 parts of water each part of butter.

The more water you put the better the butter will results, but don't put too much or the butter won't have a solidification.

Wait ten minutes in the hot saucepan till the butter is mixed with the water and then put the water/butter in a jar filtering the weed with a mesh.

Now wait this butter to cool, maybe in a fridge, for 1 or 2 days.

You'll have the butter on the top, the water in the middle AND BE CAREFUL: there's resin on the bottom.

I haven't never had enough cannabutter to taste that resin, but maybe it's good. I dunno.

Anyhow i assure that not only this way you'll get stronger cannabutter, but also MORE TASTEFUL. It will tase VERY GOOD and not crappy.

opt1c

Veteran
Great thread.... i just followed the basic recipe with about 1oz of trim that had already gone through BHO extraction. Can't wait to see how potent this stuff is. Anyone else have experience making butter from BHO leftovers???

High Jinks

gramsci.antonio said:
You'll have the butter on the top, the water in the middle AND BE CAREFUL: there's resin on the bottom.
Ive just finished some, and have noticed alot of stuff making its way to the bottom. is there an efficient way of collecting this?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
High Jinks said:
Ive just finished some, and have noticed alot of stuff making its way to the bottom. is there an efficient way of collecting this?

a friend of mine did this:

He take the butter and keep the left water. He left there to calm down and with a syringe get out like 80% of water.
He froze the left water and with and scratched the bottom with the resin in it on a teflon pan. He let the water to dry out and collected the water using very small ammount of honey (a very common and healty way to cut the hash, try it!) to glue it.

Anyhow i didn't tasted the result.

trshunt

I was planning on making some cannabutter but I had some questions about the material i should use. I have a friend who can get me an oz of stress for cheap. He describes it as being your typical brick: compressed, brown colored, and full of seeds. I have another friend who claims that he uses a 1/4 oz of quality bud to make excellent butter. I have a hard time believing that such little, no matter how great the quality, would make great butter.

Anyway back to my questions, does anyone have experience making budder with the brick type material? Do you guys have any suggestions about any changes I should make when cooking with this material - should i only use 1/2 lb of butter with an o of stress or will I be okay using the original instructions? Lastly, is it worth cooking with this type of bud or should I seek some higher quality stuff first?