What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

in vitro culture clone

Mr.Jones

well im so totally in! :yoinks:

i know its possible to do but with cannabis!?

is there a way to store those TC to creat something like a genetic databank?

zenoonez

Veteran
well im so totally in! :yoinks:

i know its possible to do but with cannabis!?

is there a way to store those TC to creat something like a genetic databank?

Could be possible. I was thinking it would be useful for a breeder so he could always keep his best female and best male around.

M

medi-useA

My first aim is to be able to take cuttings and root them in a gel, in sterile jars and build a genebank'INNA'fridge :)

So just getting tiny cuttings rooted and in statis is a goal.

I have played around with gelatine from the supermarket...though I realise I will probably have to purchase a 'professional' medium...I can't help tinkering ;)

@the moment I'm not after thousands or even hundreds of specimens in stasis...I'll be happy to top out @50 or so ;)

If I can keep 2 fridges, one off site, with 25-30 'stasis assisted' clones in them I'll be content...:joint:

Add to that my PollenAdventures of late and soon I'll have my bases covered...pollen, seeds and a 'Walt Disney Cannabis-Cryo-Stasis Chamber':muahaha:

muA

GrowersUnite

I think I got a mix that might work, agar agar and a bit of honey. Set it up like Mushrooms and adapted it until it works. iso alcohol everything, use a lighter to flame sterize right before. Pressure cook all tools.

We need more people to test this. I have some pressure cookers, just like everyone esle I'm not sure what to do.

zenoonez

Veteran
I think I got a mix that might work, agar agar and a bit of honey. Set it up like Mushrooms and adapted it until it works. iso alcohol everything, use a lighter to flame sterize right before. Pressure cook all tools.

We need more people to test this. I have some pressure cookers, just like everyone esle I'm not sure what to do.

Grab some autoclave safe glass jars from a science shop, autoclave those badboys and pour your agar in and let it harden. Take a cutting of some beautiful lady with very clean implements and wash the bejesus out of her to make sure there are no viruses that are going to get into your agar or your cuts. gently press the cut onto the top of the agar and put in a lighted cool place. Just make sure you are working with sterile implements or as close to sterile as you can get them.

shack

Breeder Steve from Spice of Life seed company was working on this culture thing, a couple years ago.He was gonna clone all kinds of elite clones and sell them over the net.I guess it never panned out.
Good luck with your project,mediauseA,that would be just awesome if you are successful.

DrDee

What about a pressure cooker?

During the early days of shrooming...we had to make agar plates to inoculate...to identify the most likely fruiting strain. You can buy most types of agar in powder form. Others are fairly easy to make using household items. Potato dextrose for example is a good all purpose plate.

So someone set up for shrooms should be able to handle this tech. Supplies are out there.
JD

Latest posts

Latest posts