What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help Strawberry Patch Dying

Farmers:

Im a certified organic strawberry farmer. This year my patch has been struggling. They seem to be lacking food but my feeding schedule is on point, or so i think. I pulled some plants and found some ant looking things with wings. I sont think they are gnats cause they dont take to the air. HELP!!

Attachments

• A356AD4C-976B-4655-8F9A-8B788C86067B.jpg
    A356AD4C-976B-4655-8F9A-8B788C86067B.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 37260864-CA00-465B-8B77-25B7F4A195D9.jpg
    37260864-CA00-465B-8B77-25B7F4A195D9.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 19
whats the damage look like? on fruit or leaves? both?

what did the roots look like?

it may be a type of Lygus bug in the picture but the ants may be mining a mite aphid or god knows what.

Muleskinner

Veteran
are you in the northeast by any chance? I noticed a friend of mine's patch died out almost completely this year, he thought it was too dry but maybe it was something else. Massachusetts....

Mule: im in norcal.
The damage is on the leaves. Looks like a phospherous definciancy on cannabis but eventually the plant will die. Where there is ant there are aphids right. It not lack of food cause my feeding regime is spot on, i think��

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Could use a bit more info...

How many years with this spot?
What have you added to the soil each year?
What is your regular feeding schedule (nutes, strength, frequency)?
Do you have soil pH testing kit?