What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home tent grow

insomniac_AU

Thanks mate. Just needs a good cure now. I'll post up the results of the JG when it's dry. There is a lot more of that than there was BR. :)

insomniac_AU

Final results

Final results

JG is dry and total weight is 298 grams
I also forgot about the bottom shelf of my drying rack which had another 10 grams of BR so totals are as follows.
Jean Guy 298 grams
Black Russian 109 grams
Total 407 grams

Jean Guy
picture.php

Black Russian
picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Damn, JG looks pretty awesome too. You may have mentioned this before, but how long have you been doing the indoor game?

insomniac_AU

Damn, JG looks pretty awesome too. You may have mentioned this before, but how long have you been doing the indoor game?
Yeah it's really nice. It's a 60% Sativa hybrid and about 25% THC. The limonene smell in my room is almost overwhelming at the moment. :)
I'm in my mid 40s and started growing seriously (hydro) when I was about 20. I did that for about 5 years and then due to life situations couldn't do indoor for a while so just grew a few outdoors here and there. Started growing indoor again about 14 years ago.

JEAN GUY

A favorite in Compassion Clubs across Canada

A Quebec-born legend made famous by the Montreal Compassion Club, the Jean Guy is a Sativa dominant cross, a pungent euphoriant with a citrus/skunk smell indicative of its strong buzz. It grows quickly producing thick lateral branches and heavy colas. Jean Guy was featured in the first ever marijuana ad in the New York Times.
Variety - Sativa/Indica (60%-40%)
Seed - Feminized
Analysis - THC 25.00%, CBD 1.40%, CBN 0.08%

• 1st place People’s Choice Rosin – 2016 Bio Cup Canada
  • 3rd place Rosin – 2016 Bio Cup Canada

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Very good job man. You seem like you know what you're doing. Do you find hybrid plants to be as effective for insomnia as mostly/pure Indicas? Everyone says to go the Indica route but I personally have had success with hybrids helping me sleep.

insomniac_AU

Very good job man. You seem like you know what you're doing. Do you find hybrid plants to be as effective for insomnia as mostly/pure Indicas? Everyone says to go the Indica route but I personally have had success with hybrids helping me sleep.

I'm the same I find JG to be better for me than most pure Indicas. It has an initial uplifting effect but it burns me out after a few hours smoking it and I get a good night sleep. For that reason I don't usually smoke much of it during the day or I don't get anything done.

JustSumTomatoes

You have any new genetics lined up for the future or do you plan to keep working with the same ones? Aussie breeders definitely deserve more recognition.

insomniac_AU

You have any new genetics lined up for the future or do you plan to keep working with the same ones? Aussie breeders definitely deserve more recognition.
I'm embarrassed to say I don't have any Aussie strains. All mine are from Canada, the US and Europe. I haven't tried any GG variants yet so I'm keen to see what all the fuss is about. I'm thinking of getting GG#4xWhite Widow. Gorilla from Dinafem looks interesting as well Chocolate diesel, Chem Sister x Sour Dubb. Still looking around though. :)

JustSumTomatoes

I'm embarrassed to say I don't have any Aussie strains. All mine are from Canada, the US and Europe. I haven't tried any GG variants yet so I'm keen to see what all the fuss is about. I'm thinking of getting GG#4xWhite Widow. Gorilla from Dinafem looks interesting as well Chocolate diesel, Chem Sister x Sour Dubb. Still looking around though. :)

Yeah the GG#4/Original Glue clone seems like all the rage over here. Low yielder it seems like but laid out in frost. I'm not sure if it has made it to you guys yet but I'd be surprised if it hasn't. For sleep I've really liked the blueberry crosses. I've seen some pretty nice White Widow before too.

insomniac_AU

3xBR

3xBR

Only got 3 plants in this cycle. I was going to put a JG in as well but decided not to because it was smaller than the other 3 and JG takes 2-3 weeks longer to finish. I won't do a full diary this time just a few pics now and then. This is the start of day 12 of flower.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

insomniac_AU

Hi Tomatoes! I did both. The position of the base of the plants isn't ideal so I have to train them out as best I can to maximise use of the space.

I was looking through my seeds today and there isn't much there I haven't already grown. I did find this though. I must have had it for 5 years. Don't know anything more about it than what it says on the label. What do you think? Worth my time?

insomniac_AU

less is more so they say I know you will do a grand job knock em dead insomniac_AU
Thanks mate. I've had particularly cold weather this last month or so and have actually struggled to keep the room warm enough. I've had to put the heaters in the res which I didn't last year.

JustSumTomatoes

Hi Tomatoes! I did both. The position of the base of the plants isn't ideal so I have to train them out as best I can to maximise use of the space.

I was looking through my seeds today and there isn't much there I haven't already grown. I did find this though. I must have had it for 5 years. Don't know anything more about it than what it says on the label. What do you think? Worth my time?
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77464&pictureid=1863892&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I say go for it. NL is one of my favorites... A great Indica that isn't one of the thousands of Kush varieties out there. That might be BCSC's Nl #5. I'm growing Peaks NL right now and it is mostly BSCS's NL #5 with some of Hemcy's NL in there as well. Great plants, can't go wrong with them.

insomniac_AU

I say go for it. NL is one of my favorites... A great Indica that isn't one of the thousands of Kush varieties out there. That might be BCSC's Nl #5. I'm growing Peaks NL right now and it is mostly BSCS's NL #5 with some of Hemcy's NL in there as well. Great plants, can't go wrong with them.

Sounds great, exactly the sort of thing I like. I've smoked what people claim is NL years ago but whether it was or not I wouldn't know.

I've put the seed in now but no action yet. I've got a funny feeling it might not be any good. It's quite old like I said. I'll leave it for a while and see what happens. :)

JustSumTomatoes

Sorry the NL seed didn't work out. Looking good though, I bet indoor growing is a lot of fun. Outdoor can be tiresome and often stressful.

insomniac_AU

Mate it's fantastic. I simply wouldn't be able to grow enough for myself with outdoors. It's so cold here at the moment I couldn't grow anything at all outdoor actually.

I love growing outdoor don't get me wrong but in my experience it's far more of a gamble for me. I still put a few plants outdoor and I treat it as a bonus if they turn out well. I don't really have a convenient spot within an hour of home though so they have to fend for themselves most of the time.

No stress about the NL seed it was old. I might look at some new genetics soon. :tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

I feel you on the gamble part. I would be so salty if I went through a whole season and my plants got ruined/ripped/nabbed by LEO at the end of the season. It's a lot of time and work for it all to be for nothing. Like you mentioned growing inside lets you grow under bad weather conditions. For 6 months out of the year I can't grow at all and for the 6 that I can I have to work hard just to keep them going with no promise of a return. At least for me, my grow spot doesn't take a long time to get to.

Latest posts

Latest posts