What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali Connection

Home-Grown

Ive got an Alien OG fem that I have been growing and cloning for a few months now.
It kicks ass. Very potent, smells kind of like epoxy resin and has been very popular around these parts. Peeps love it.
Ive only grown two packs of Cali Con seeds but Ive never had a hermie from any of them.

Thanks Capt,

I see that arguing one breeder against another is just abused for commercial reasons. I will not get swayed either way without testing.
Just a general none specific position, not going to take any side :)

That said, I am grateful for the input.

Cheers :)

Home-Grown

Ive got an Alien OG fem that I have been growing and cloning for a few months now.
It kicks ass. Very potent, smells kind of like epoxy resin and has been very popular around these parts. Peeps love it.
Ive only grown two packs of Cali Con seeds but Ive never had a hermie from any of them.

I have read a few posts from around 2014 or earlier from people with hermies plants from TCC. Sounds like things could have been done better in hindsight.

TCC has provided the foundations for many award winning variates. That’s what it is all about.

On a different note: I had a hermies plants from haze/skunk cross that represented in a very tall sativa traited plant, but not in the smaller sativa or indica like offspring. This occurres, with no hermies in any of the parents.

Shit happens; it just comes with the territory.

It took a while to get my head around the variates and heritage.
This was all new before joining the forum.
OG Kush plays a big part in modern variates.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
My Alien OG won first place in a local growers competition last weekend in the indoor category.
There were about 15 other entries.

Home-Grown

My Alien OG won first place in a local growers competition last weekend in the indoor category.
There were about 15 other entries.

Keeping in mind I am learning from Google as we go!
I guess you are talking about clone from seed, not starting with the original clone material?

Tahoe OG x Alien Kush Seed from Cali Connection?
Everything starts and ends with Kush, Purple Afghani, Hindu Kush and some Dawg.
Not saying it is a bad thing, just observation.

How much tolerance do you build to this strain?
What else can you tell me about your cutting?

Last edited:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Yes. Clone from seed.
As I've mentioned earlier, I've bought two packs of Alien OG FEM from Cali Con in the past.
I just kept the one I liked best.
It is super sticky, highly odoriferous , vigorous, has no herm tendencies, easy to grow, clones somewhat easily and smells like a combination of earth, epoxy resin and flowers.
The clones are much better than the parent plant, if that makes any sense.

My overall tolerance is pretty high, I'd say ,but I've got several strains and various extracts that allow me to vary what I smoke . That helps a bit.
The Alien OG really is some of the stronger smoke I have right now and it never fails.
I would say the Gorilla Bubble x 4 I've got growing is no slouch either, though.

Home-Grown

The clones are much better than the parent plant, if that makes any sense.

Yes, believe I understand exactly what you are saying.
My experience has been the opposite, with the seed having superior root structure and vigour. I can also envisage getting your results with different strain, treatment or system.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Epoxy resin is very strong, I am looking for low odour, which is a limmitation of the offspring. Finding much variation?
[/FONT]

H.Stoner

don't judge the weed by the personality of the pollen chucker.
I found hermi free dank in his beans....

THEY HAVE A HISTORY OF GENETIC FUCKERY so because u got good care hat pleased u is no reason for the community to support them young man. it's called principles and it's not cool to support assholes.
If that how you roll and you think that is good to do then please speak up.

LostTribe

Premium user
don't judge the weed by the personality of the pollen chucker.
I found hermi free dank in his beans....

THEY HAVE A HISTORY OF GENETIC FUCKERY so because u got good care hat pleased u is no reason for the community to support them young man. it's called principles and it's not cool to support assholes.
If that how you roll and you think that is good to do then please speak up.

I too found excellent results with the original version of Sour OG from CC. No problems and great results, killer gas lemon pledge every time. The f2's I did turned out better than the F1. The f3 did show herms in a very limited batch of testing but no pollen blew.

To H.Stoner, It's not cool for you going about trashing respected members that are helping others with factual information, your absolute vulgar negativity is not welcome here and I think the Mod's would agree.

CP has contributed a wealth of knowledge to this community and you are completely out of line.

LostTribe