What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Hash Ever But a Mystery

Hello All,

Back in the mid 70's the best hash I ever had was in the North Jersey area.

The hash was a very light salmon pink color, very sparkly and had a soft putty feeling.

Only saw it once and as it was going for twice as much as regular hash we only got a few grams. Never saw it again.

Anyone know what this has is/where it came from? Would love to find it again.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I googled up 'pink hash' and came up with Mustang Valley in Nepal. Nepalese hash.

You could try some of the Real Seed Co North Indian strains. Hash strains.

Lebanese was blonde or red depending on when they picked the plants. Might have combined a load and that would be pinkish I guess? RSC has that too.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Hello All,

Back in the mid 70's the best hash I ever had was in the North Jersey area.
The hash was a very light salmon pink color, very sparkly and had a soft putty feeling.
Only saw it once and as it was going for twice as much as regular hash we only got a few grams. Never saw it again.
Anyone know what this has is/where it came from? Would love to find it again.

WOW.. back in the early 70's we got some black hash nearto u on the rock...staten island.. it was ass-kickin... saw it that once and never again... we were told it was paki-nepal in origin... but who knows where it came from...it toooo was double the price of the green shit from morocco ...we have been growing various kush's, and always make hash, but its no where nearly as good... pity...

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have been racking my brain trying to remember, from 30 yrs ago, the specific place in the mustang region where we got the red\pink hash powder from. It was some of the best we got. I remember making full melt from it, old timers moment...

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
As some say, Nepali or Lebanese are probably your best bet. But most Nepali hash is charas/rub nowadays, many fakes too, genuine Nepali charas costs about $10-12 if you are lucky to find it, it's in Netherlands at some shops, but some have shit as well, and push it as the best.

Lebanese is getting a foothold on the market again, that's one good thing about ISIS/Daesh spreading throughout the world; LEO's are busy with them and not the farmers.

Normally the yellow/blonde LEB is the best, the darker the more heat have been applied during pressing, which means is doesn't have as many trichs holding it together. Nepal usually is much more potent than LEB.

Hybridsfromhell.net have a over 30 years old Lebanese they breed every year for seeds, mellow, chill smoke. Grab a pack or two, they're are great yielders, flowers spiraling all the way up the branches, good genetics.

Purple Peace is part Nepal/Kullu Manali (Manali Cream is some the best ever) for example, will make pink/purple/reddish hash with scents of wildflowers, mint, eucalyptus, peppery hash.

Purpurea Ticinensis is available at Owls shop if I'm not mistaken. Might be worth a try if you're making it from scratch.
Terroir of course plays a part in flavor, but you'll hopefully be able to get something like back in the day.

Good luck.

relic1981

Veteran
Being from sohum I have access to some great minds from the early days back from 63 on. I, being from the 80’s generation also used my dead connects and posed the question and kept getting reminded of the temple balls the used to float around and the pink opium. I guess it came wrapped in a red opium leaf staining the hash and opium pink. Plus dude who used to make them said the opium if really good would dry clear or pink so he’d mix that with blond hash and get nice light pink temple balls. I guess the Bhuddhist monastery here was involved in blessing them at one point. Again this is all stuff told to me, I wasn’t even alive yet but may try to recreate this pink full melt if you all figure it out. I’ve made some fresh frozen leaf bubble out of belladonna years ago and the smallest bag was almost a peach and was full melt. Just a matter of trichome head color and % of Oil in those heads to produce the full melt kinda melt or no melt

Latest posts

Latest posts