What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Morocco 2016

mack 10

Veteran
+one for the palm oil,
That was an old trick to get that bubble effect when touched with a lighter.
Seed oil is also used.
Also makes the hash 'sticky' which the Moroccans quickly realised they
Could double there money, selling this so called new style sticky hash.
I wouldnt be surprised if they are adding oil as you would taste the alcohol
If that was used.

True high grade hash will be soft in warm temps, or when handled
But will go rock hard when cold.
If you dropped it on a hard surface,it should shatter.
Or the type where a ball of it, left in warm room
Would collapse almost flat.
These newer types are always sticky.

Genetics dependant of course.

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
G `day GC

Morocco folks might not have great educations .
But they are far from stupid . When they saw the ice o lator hash selling for 30 + euros when their dry sift was selling for 6-8 Euro a gram .

These days there are entire valleys running fem seeds from Spain . Drying indoors and making bubble hash . About the same amount of labour and tripple the returns .

Next thing will be the moaning about the disappearing trad sifted hash ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Hi
Iceolator made in Morocco has been around Amsterdam for some years now, and from looking at the menus:
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm
..there really seems to be lots of Moroc grown western hybrid hash in town atm.

But i doubt that the dry sift and the traditional genetics will disappear because there is a good market for those. I personally smoke (only) the traditional kinds, cause why would i smoke expensive iceolator in Adam when i can make such stuff at home. Many hash-heads visiting Adam seem to smoke lots of the Traditional kinds also, so i can see there is a market for these..

Like ChaosCatalunya mentioned, there's still loads of small time farmers in Morocco and not everyone can afford to buy western genetics. And does every Moroccan farmer want to smoke western THC-only hash themselves?? i doubt it.
:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yes, like you and kaochiu say, it is suspiciously soft, for how strong it is, and does not burn right, too oily.... is what everybody is saying. I spoke to a guy yesterday who goes over and makes it every year, his own is clean btw, but not the cheapest at 6. He and one other person I know who were there said they thought it was palm oil they were cutting it with, one said it was 10%.

But, not all gets messed with, it is lots of small farms, not large well organised businesses, so a lot of variation and every year, feedback from the market, which is increasingly run by Moroccans in Spain.

The best stuff I have seen was unreal, dry sift made in a freezer truck, this is the way forward folks. E60/g in a regular club, amazing price, quality. I have a short vid I will try to post soon. You would laugh if anybody tried to get a flame near it.

Yea, the 6 euros/g sticky hash , with a good possibility, can be adulturted with something out side cannabis plant. But the stuff i smoked in Adam was clean. Tasted just like pollen kinds, no foreign substances.

But people report getting adulturated hash in Adam also. MAny times Nepalis have been mentioned, even with charas that costs around 13 euros/g. So not every hash slab in Adam Coffeeshops is clean either.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The 6e/g hash was straight, not cut with oil or anything, the guy who made it is a friend, he has a IC account too , but is not here often, he is a lot better known on his homecountry forum. They are selling 2kg packs of 30 different varieties as a mixed pack for the clubs to sell on. I guess this is so they dont get bogged down with people trying to test slightly different qualities.

I asked him about the cutting of hash, but he didnt really known anything.. he just goes to one farm on one hill and does his thing there with them, he doesnt prop up bars in popular trafficker routes getting all the gossip.

kaochiu

Veteran
Back in 2004 I was offered to buy a plot of land near Bab Berred (didn't we all?!) but one of the conditions i had to take into account was the Pasha's permit. But the Pasha's permit is not an official one. The seller told me that they (Pasha's gang) measure the fields and you've got to sell them a (lion's share) chunk of the production at a given (very, very low) price.
There also were clandestine co-ops to proccess all the extra plants, and that's were they make their bizz.
Because, if you think about it, having a couple of hectares for bud production just for yourself would mean you'd be rich as fuck, yet most farmers are far from rich.
Also for the market control, dutch and spanish i don't know the share, but them riffians say "the italians". Maybe is a generalization for the people involved, but definitely they used to call them "the italians" until the last time i was there in 2010, (been last year too, but only for a weekend break in Chaouen). Global criminal market is always subjected to big changes, anyway.
They also said the whole winnings are for the royals and they invest it in the long dispute of Western Sahara.
They also told me it was much more hash in the Atlas than in the Rif!

mack 10

Veteran
Makes sense, did always puzzle me how broke those farmers are.
Pashsa gang sucks.
Cause even at 1e/g x a couple of hectares you'd do alright.

Tynehead Tom

Looks like some of the Amnesia stuff they sell i Amsterdam. Never tried any myself, cause i like the traditional kinds.

I have had some of these supersoft expensive Moroccan hashes in Adam. I don't think they are "adulterated", but these are not pure pollen either. I think they make oil of the low quality hash and then mix some of this oil with dry pollen to make these super softs.
But these were from a top rated coffeeshop not the streets

Of course it is prolly easier to "cut" the hash now, cause it looks strange to begin with, but the stuff i smoked in Adam few years ago burned clean and tasted like it's supposed to. ..but again streets can be very different.

Enjoy ...i wish i had the hash connections back home what you Spanish boys can have over there

EDIT:

BTW, how much is that Amnesia pollen Spain /gram? ..in Adam prolly 12-15 euros/g

I bet yer right about the oil being added to make the soft stuff.
In my own hash making adventures, I like to take my water extracted hash, press it unheated and roll it into a sheet. The I use ethanol and do a quick wash thru high grade trim frozen to -18C. 1 x500ml bottle to 2 ounces of premium trim. The quick wash is just a pour thru, done at sub zero temps.
then I reduce that wash to oil and it always hardens up to a sticky toffee.
reconstituting the two together , the hash and the "oil" , I end up with a hard hash that easily warms to a nice non sticky putty.
I like to wrap it in parchment and store it in my canning room with a weight on top for a month or more to cure. My friends just go nuts for it. LOL

Dog Star

Veteran
Morocco people have great education,

mathematic program for kids is strongest in a World,most of a
Morocco folks talk few languages atleast...

according to a British university's research.Moroccans are the most intelligent people in the world for many reasons.these are the ones i can remember:
_ their ability to learn and speak languages.you can find a moroccan 10-12 years old kid who speak Arabic and frensh fluently and average English.add to that the local language who s a bit like Arabic and amazigh.that s about 4-5 languages.
_their ability to adapt and live in all environments can find ministers ans mayors of moroccan origins in many countrys(France-Spain-holland-belgium...).
_their success in mathematics:moroccan academic math program is one of the most complicated in the world (way more diffucult than europeans or usa program).
_you can find moroccan scientists in the greatest centers of scientific research.( even in the NASA there are moroccan scientists).
on top of that.40% of moroccans are illeterate and not everyone attend school.

All the best :tiphat:

DS

G `day GC

Morocco folks might not have great educations .
But they are far from stupid . When they saw the ice o lator hash selling for 30 + euros when their dry sift was selling for 6-8 Euro a gram .

These days there are entire valleys running fem seeds from Spain . Drying indoors and making bubble hash . About the same amount of labour and tripple the returns .

Next thing will be the moaning about the disappearing trad sifted hash ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

NotYourSaviour

Thanks for explaining 'worked' and giving interesting insights as input, folks:)!

As said before so many people and different approaches involved.
Though if you know a bit about 'rif berber' and their mentality/hierarchies it is unlikely that there is only one huge gang involved about protection money. I think there are several of such people involved each wanting their share of the cake beside a lot of small farms sometimes more sometimes less connected to others. Only guesswork and hearsay though as usual.
Anyways, as pointed out utter chaos due to the illegality of this business in itsself with only rough standards of quality.

@GoatCheese

Been to Spain last year and can tell you those 'Amnesia Pollen' are very similar priced compared to dutch coffeeshops. At least at those so called Social Clubs. Also similar offers. The grass was way better than in coffeeshops though and cheaper(though this is sadly changing due to increasing tourism ; it seems the same is happening there as with coffeeshops about ten years back when the hype came in!).

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Morocco people have great education,

mathematic program for kids is strongest in a World,most of a
Morocco folks talk few languages atleast...

according to a British university's research.Moroccans are the most intelligent people in the world for many reasons.these are the ones i can remember:
_ their ability to learn and speak languages.you can find a moroccan 10-12 years old kid who speak Arabic and frensh fluently and average English.add to that the local language who s a bit like Arabic and amazigh.that s about 4-5 languages.
_their ability to adapt and live in all environments can find ministers ans mayors of moroccan origins in many countrys(France-Spain-holland-belgium...).
_their success in mathematics:moroccan academic math program is one of the most complicated in the world (way more diffucult than europeans or usa program).
_you can find moroccan scientists in the greatest centers of scientific research.( even in the NASA there are moroccan scientists).
on top of that.40% of moroccans are illeterate and not everyone attend school.

All the best :tiphat:

DS

G `day Doggie

School is only compulsory till 13 years of age in Morocco .
56% of young people attend high school .

So quality education is provided . Attendance ?

Access to school education[edit]
Internal efficiency is also low with high dropout and repetition rates. There is also an unmet need of rising demand of middle schools after achieving high access rates in primary education.[12] The problem is more acute in the rural schools due to inadequate supply and quality of instructional materials. The poor quality of education becomes an even greater problem due to Arabic-Berber language issues: most of the children from Berber families hardly know any Arabic, which is the medium of instruction in schools, when they enter primary level.[3]
Literacy[edit]
Low literacy in the Maghreb region is also a major problem. In Morocco, the adult illiteracy rate is still high at around 40 percent in 2007, despite concerted efforts being made since independence in 1956 to reduce the rate of illiteracy which at that time was 87 percent. In absolute terms the number of illiterate adults has grown from six to nine million. Morocco is one of the five Arab countries that contain 70 percent of the some 70 million illiterate adults in the Arab world. In rural areas and for females the problem is even worse; three quarters of women were considered to be illiterate in 2004.[13]

I met some Moroccan folks in Spain . They didn`t seem to be highly educated . But highly intelligent none the less .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dog Star

Veteran
Was impressed with a language knowledge from Moroccan poeople,

thats why we talk about education levels.

Nordin from Tanger,mine friend that i have in Barcelona speak English,French,Spanish,Italian and his domestic language very fluently,that was impresive to me.

Sorry for offtopic..

kaochiu

Veteran
it all begun with a seed... guess we were trying to determinate the capabilities of moroccans to deal with their own bussiness when hash making, after all it's not that foreign people go there to take over, more likely they are accepted and often used. People from the Rif specially has a tradition of fierly independence, one of the reasons that gave its status. Then again, there's a fierce hyerarchy there.
First thing you were seeing when going up the Rif mountains was a big board saying "Agricultural Experimental Area" or some euphemism like that. Then a second checkpoint outside Chaouen that, if you were going towards Ketama your passport would be marked (for a nice reception in the border). Avoidable with a tip, with the taxi driver acting as middle man.
Palm oil? It fits. Or argan oil maybe, as there's an abundance, but it does smell when burnt. Whatever it is cannot be seen through the microscope. You see the trichs there, some heads intact, meaning it has not been strongly beaten. Yet there's a lot of homogeneous oily spaces between them and (i ain't no scientist) it suggests something like that.
Dog Star: In Larache's port there was a korean ship stranded with the crew for two years. It was funny to hear souk children and vendors speaking korean to them. It's not a question of intelligence, but from a better vocal system that uses the lower aesophagus and they find much simpler to replicate sounds... to their individual intelligence levels.

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Some photos of things I have seen

Worked hash alongside unworked hash, same product from the same place, one bashed, one not

picture.php

Some nice hash

picture.php

For me, the best thing I have seen from Morocco, dry sift from a freezer truck, made at minus 25C. You would not hold a lighter to this to see if it is FMB... that would just be absurd. The guy who made it told me that it had lost a significant amount of quality in transit. This, at e60/g is the most expensive hash I have heard of being sold in clubs, but well worth it....

picture.php

Elmer Bud

Veteran
it all begun with a seed... guess we were trying to determinate the capabilities of moroccans to deal with their own bussiness when hash making, after all it's not that foreign people go there to take over, more likely they are accepted and often used. People from the Rif specially has a tradition of fierly independence, one of the reasons that gave its status. Then again, there's a fierce hyerarchy there.
First thing you were seeing when going up the Rif mountains was a big board saying "Agricultural Experimental Area" or some euphemism like that. Then a second checkpoint outside Chaouen that, if you were going towards Ketama your passport would be marked (for a nice reception in the border). Avoidable with a tip, with the taxi driver acting as middle man.
Palm oil? It fits. Or argan oil maybe, as there's an abundance, but it does smell when burnt. Whatever it is cannot be seen through the microscope. You see the trichs there, some heads intact, meaning it has not been strongly beaten. Yet there's a lot of homogeneous oily spaces between them and (i ain't no scientist) it suggests something like that.
Dog Star: In Larache's port there was a korean ship stranded with the crew for two years. It was funny to hear souk children and vendors speaking korean to them. It's not a question of intelligence, but from a better vocal system that uses the lower aesophagus and they find much simpler to replicate sounds... to their individual intelligence levels.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70487&pictureid=1691446&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70487&pictureid=1691445&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

G `day K

Hash making is an introduced process .
The old school style was flowers with tobacco . AKA Kiff .

In the 1960s and 1970s, an influx of young Western tourists had a profound effect on cannabis in Morocco. Prior to this, cannabis was produced in small quantities, and smoked as kief, pollen mixed with black tobacco. In response to massive demand from tourists and smugglers, Moroccans adopted larger-scale techniques to replace artisanal ones.[4] While there are competing legends as to how hashish production was introduced to Morocco, it is widely believed that it happened during this period.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Morocco

The old Kiff plants are long gone .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

kaochiu

Veteran
Yep Elmer, it's just i didn't used the quote when replying The "it all begun with a seed..." was the answer to Gaiusmarius on how we ended up talking about language skills in a hashish thread.
Of course you're right on hash making being introduced in Morocco, and i can add that it took a while for them to learn, as they tend to distrust foreign ideas. But since the thing was positive for them, they soon adapted their ways to it, such as roof top drying. I can't see a dutch teaching that, but i was only born in the sixties and not aware of their own skills at the time. I guess they'd learn it somewhere in the Hippy Trail themselves.
Used to do my own kiffi, complete with tabba, sebsi and chopping knife, but using my own stash, of course, and imho, it's what we honest tokers call an improvement...
After all these years being the worlds no1 exporter and with the new "smarter" generations they could have used new techniques or developed new skills themselves.
I took different seeds several times and they would always grow them carefully apart. The superstar was a thaixhazexskunk in 2003-4 that grew huge in a chicken enclousure in the back of the main house, but i cannot tell for sure that were used for production.
They were truly impressed by it, but they needed to be careful not to break the pattern. The very resinous plants were giving them trouble with their filtering meshes, for example, they didn't want a field full of that or that of the neighbour because of a loose plant.
Who knows the potentials of a kiffi technical selection? Now's all gone, and the new varieties and market trends also change the ways of producing it.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
In the 1960s and 1970s, an influx of young Western tourists had a profound effect on cannabis in Morocco. Prior to this, cannabis was produced in small quantities, and smoked as kief, pollen mixed with black tobacco
EB .

not sure when shit from morocco became world class, but it sure wasn't in the late 60's/up to mid /late 70's... it was pure dog-poop at that time.... it was green, and not worth smoking... in the 90's in the dam, we still couldn't find good moroccian at the coffee houses..

since we have no path to get hash, we are forced to make our own, dry sift, and bubble bags... as mentioned b4... our hash is good... not great...even down to 45bubble bag

NotYourSaviour

@Chaos_Catalunya

Thanks again! 60€ in clubs for some full melt produced in Morocco? I'm good thanks! Reminds me of that thing Titoon29 on here put so nicely the other day somewhere on here(had similar thoughts before).
I mean this truck here tops it all but also as Titoon29 pointed out those new genetics give better yield but they also need more water and resources.
This isn't that nice thinking about it that this is happening in a poor country where they use this very watter supply to produce drugs. In opposite to those established 'seedlines'(wild open pollination mostly)they used until the last years which are more or less acclimatised(ecology).

Let alone mostly western people exploiting those mostly poor farmers apart from some privilleged groups involved to get it extremely cheap and making good profit but this again is another story and of course am too 'guilty' as I love to consume that hashish(don't want to talk about this topic here as it would be too much to say about that ; just saying!).
Bit of a madness to me especially this said truck. We'll see what happens next.

@Kaochiu

Thank you so much! Yes, I wondered this myself a lot of times when looking at their methods from back in the day they still use mostly(that's again to some degree due to already pointed out mentality of berber people there ; a culture similarly long around as the jewish one). As we all pointed out this is changing slowly though now.
If it would be up to me I'd love to see them selecting their own landrace from the more or less acclimatised seeds available around there. Could be handled like wine and they would be paid adequately in my utopia then(as from certain other producing traditional countries);)!

@zackrockbadenof

True as what other older generations told me, too ! Read also somewhere that turkish people introduced their seedlines(or others from somewhere in Asia)in the 1960ies there and also taught them the method of dry sifting(inspired by Afghanistan and others).

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
The price reflects it's worth, in clubs Ice Bubble hash is usually 25 to 45, this is higher quality, it is probably some of the best stuff to ever come out of Morocco. The genetics are getting much better, yes rows of feminised Amnesia and OG Kush need irrigation, but less and less people were buying their product as European indoor growing mushroomed... so they are learning new techniques and upping their game.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Giaus

Did you read the post about education in context ?
I said they might not have book learnin , but they are still intelligent people .

Morocco story from PS 1973 .
Paulo has friends in Morocc , went down there with his own seeds and made a garden .
Returned a cpl of months later to find males in his plot . He proceeded to pull out the males . Upset that his partners didn`t tend the garden .
His Morocc friend asked why Paulo wanted to remove the males !?
He told Paulo that male plants are part of the mix for Hash !!
The whole field gets sifted .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Latest posts

Latest posts