What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hand rubbing Charas

Grobot2010

I agree with all of those who prefer not to have hash ameliorated with dead skin... When I first came here I was thinking of hand-rolled with gloved hands, obviously that's not the case. Bubble bags are the way to go for primarily resin products, IMHO, because I still like a detectable, but minimal, amount of plant material in my hash.

99%

Dead skin in the hash? lol Can you imagine just how minuscule the amount of skin from your palm would end up in your charas. You would have way more chance of getting a strand of hair getting in the resin than skin.
If you are so concerned then scrub your hands before rubbing the plants.

btw you can rub dry buds too. I did it with compressed Thai one time and then added the rubbed resin back into some un-rubbed bud and it blew many away! Rubbing the resin off dry material is done best standing over a glass table with a pile of plant material, lift up a few grams at a time rubbing it lightly and letting the plant material drop down and repeat a few times then make sure there's no leaf matter on your palms then over a clean area of the glass table, rub your palms vigorously and little black lines of resin will rub off, a little spray of water or spit will help the resin rub off...then repeat until the amount of resin being collected is greatly reduced...but note it does take a long time and your hands will get sore if they're soft.

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
why not just make dry sift, bubble hash, or concentrate? or is it the skin cells that give it the extra pop?

99%

Hey apalnt21...it might never happen, but knowing how to make charas might come in handy one day.

for example if you are walking along a trail in a place like Nepal and come across a stand of wild ganja in late flowering...you could cut branches down, take them back to where you are staying, dry it for a few weeks at least, then sift it if you have screens, you could do the same without drying and ice hash it fresh if you have access to ice and Bubblebags, you could also dry the buds and extract the THC with chemicals if you have that and the equipment needed with you ....or you could rub the resin off the live plants and after five minutes work you would have enough for a few pipes of charas.

You might be in a country with lots of poor to ok quality pressed brick weed and after a few days you aren't getting high anymore and your throat hurts then hand rubbing the dry buds will get you a less harsher smoke and harder hitting high. ..this is something you can do in your hotel room without any special equipment..and the added bonus is that the hash you make will not stink as much as burning bud and it's easy to conceal a marble of hash compared to an ounce or two of weed.

and those who are paranoid about skin, wash your hands with soap and sand, this will remove any old skin on your palms.

Hand rubbing is a skill all ganja travelers all should know

Stan G.

I watched that video in its entirety a while back. I like the old Italian guy that says, "I start the day with at least 5 spliffs, at least."

There are numerous reasons I do not make charas.

I like weed more than hash.
I make full melt bubble hash from my trim, to me it is the best kind.
I do not have an entire mountain of weed.
The left over buds would be kind gross to me.
I like my hash to have as few dead skin cells in it as possible.

I don't mean this age old practice any disrespect, but even if weed were legal I would stick with my current method.
All excellent reasons except the first are acceptable. do you like scissor hash. I find High quality scissor hash about the same as charas.:tiphat:

picture.php

hi everyone. as my username might suggest, i have vast experience with hand rubbed charas. my rugged hand have run theior fingers through many many kilos of perfect charas. i think i can share a small thought about charas. the reason that charas is famouse at all and that so many people especially europeans are crazy about the stuff. thats shows its excellence since in europe anyone can easily find very high quality moroccan dry sift that can be pur resin full melt and quite tasty; so why are the europenas crazy for charas when they have awsome dry sift avilable for cheap? .... because dry sift comes from dead plants and charas come from LIVE plants. this is the main key point about charas. LIVE plants produce another high its asd simple as that. maybe there is still no scientific proof of why live plant resin is so awesome, but millions of consumers worldwide know that hand rubbed anything will always be a special treat

another thing about charas is the region it is produced. all charas producing communitites are situated at atleast a thousand meters above sea level. charas is a high altitude product. this high altitude does something special to the plants making the high much more superior

Less atmosphere for the sun to be filtered through lets more uvbs get to the herb causing more resin to form to help protect itself in high altitude

Less atmosphere for the sun to be filtered through lets more uvbs get to the herb causing more resin to form to help protect itself in high altitude

yes sir its something like that. and its true. in the himalayas the good charas alway comes from villages at 2000 meters above sea level and higher. the stuff rubbed down in the lowr valleys is like horrible in comparison. the altitude make all the difference at least for the charas plants. i bet if som one were to grow a super potent modern strain like a og kush but up at that elevation the results would be amazing

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
hi everyone. as my username might suggest, i have vast experience with hand rubbed charas. my rugged hand have run theior fingers through many many kilos of perfect charas. i think i can share a small thought about charas. the reason that charas is famouse at all and that so many people especially europeans are crazy about the stuff. thats shows its excellence since in europe anyone can easily find very high quality moroccan dry sift that can be pur resin full melt and quite tasty; so why are the europenas crazy for charas when they have awsome dry sift avilable for cheap? .... because dry sift comes from dead plants and charas come from LIVE plants. this is the main key point about charas. LIVE plants produce another high its asd simple as that. maybe there is still no scientific proof of why live plant resin is so awesome, but millions of consumers worldwide know that hand rubbed anything will always be a special treat

G`day HG

Moroccan hash has CBD in it ...
Nepalese can have THCV . Those two factors make for very different effects .

Morrocans also use males and females in their hash .
Charas - females only ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

yes sir to my knowledge in india and nepal charas is rubbed from female only. yeah in nepal there is something special up in the mountains. i will try explain as i can: nepal is quite tropical. so you have villages that are above 3000 meters altitude, but still have a warm climate. thus ganja can be cultivated at extremely high altitude. in india at three thousand meters altitude, it is quite cold and there is less vegetatio. so in nepal they can grow there crop at even higher elevation than in many places in the indian charas producing region, thus some special hash.

both india and nepal have a wide range of qualities in their hash starting from horrible nasty all the way up to amazing sticky fragrant nectar of the himalaya. but i wwould think that in theory the charas from a farm in nepal at 3800 METERS will have the most potency. the most tasty charas ive eer had was from nepal it was like lemony like og or chem strains.

both in india and nepal there are soooooo many different qualities and tastes in the charas; why? uz each village makes a product that is slightly different then that of the village down the road. if one were to by a kilo of charas there will be a wide variety of forms, colors and smells each 10 GR pieces is unique!!! because each piece of charas represents one hands rubbing of one person in one rubbing session. every person thats out in the field rubbs in their own way resulting in so much variety in that one kilo