What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone done this before

SecondAttempt

I grow barebulb vert and thought about building a room in a room and pulling the heat from the bulbs out the top. Has anyone done this. I can’t find any examples.

I’ve attached a terrible picture to illustrate the idea. It all started with wanting to move the carbon filter and fan out of the grow space. I figure this will create a vacuum that will pull the heat off the bulb.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 5BB48B57-E62F-4F39-B216-F47D9501EBE2.jpg
    5BB48B57-E62F-4F39-B216-F47D9501EBE2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 20
R

Rab.C

i agree with I'mback but you can blow through the filter if you want

SecondAttempt

Let me try to explain better... the scrubber is pulling air into the small chamber it is in and blowing it out. Within that chamber is a smaller room that has a ceiling about 6-8 inches below the ceiling of the main room. There is a 10 inch hole cut right above both bulbs... there should be a pretty strong vacuum at these holes that should pull the heat right off the bulbs. That hot air travels between the 2 ceilings to the scrubber which scrubs and exhausts it. This likely eliminates the need for Honeywells under my lights, gets the scrubber out of my growspace, and I could dry in the scrubber portion of the room.

X

xavier7995

Where does the air come in at? I would think you need to run a well sealed duct from outside into the interior room to get the necessary airflow to allow it to pull heat out. Without that i would expect it to mostly cycle the air that get pulled into the space between your interior room and the exterior walls.

Edit: i could be misunderstanding the current setup and its a non issue.

SecondAttempt

Filtered passive intakes near the floor.. I can go active if necessary.. exhaust will be dumped on the second floor.. away from the chambers

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I can't figure out what the objective is, here. Why would you even need to do this? It seems like all it does is unnecessarily take up some valuable grow space. What am I missing?

linky

Run ducting from the top of the grow room to the intake of the carbon filter fan, sucking the warm air from the grow room through the fan and through the carbon filter.. create a passive intake in the grow room, opposite side/near floor maybe, this will pull heat out the top filtering it and allow new air in.

Latest posts

Latest posts