What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmerlion 2019 GREENHOUSE

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello and welcome my friends.
Oh how things change quickly in life. Some property line issues with a neighboring land owner. The wife said her stress levels would drop if I took a year off of growing. All things considered, wife I love you and agree. No growing in 2019 we will do something different.

Yesterday we were advised that my wife has cancer. In a rush of checking insurance policies for coverage and notification of family members. I hear a soft concerned voice. Poppa how soon can you get some girls going? Is it to late?

Well this is the weekend I would have planted if I was going to do a grow. While nothing is ready, I will make it happen with the grace of God. We had planned some carrots and beets. We still will do some vegetables. I'm thinking about ten plants total. To start with Lebanese and Nepalese for the early onset and finish. Moderate THC and CBD respectively .

We would appreciate for all of you of faith. To pray for my wife and her doctors. I will post some pictures in the coming days and list a genetics list that I decided on.
God bless you all and your family's.
Peace. Farmerlion. MedDakotabis :tiphat:

SolarLogos

My prayers are with you my friend. I just posted in response to your other post. My apologies for not seeing this one first. Your faith is solid, you will both make it through this.
Peace, God bless you and your family my friend.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I am deeply saddened to hear of your wifes illness F-lion.I will pray for you and your wife,and consider it a privilege.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Thank you all for your support and kindness. Just getting ready to go through some genetics. While CBD is at the forefront. I still want to learn about some genetics I haven't run yet. Vermontman has been very gracious with some unreleased Nepalese genetics. Thank you
The Ace Lebanese genetics are among the best around and finish very well here. With a lower plant count, bud quality and quantity is important as well. The Lebanese and Nepalese fit the bill very well. I had hoped to run five different phenotypes of the Auto Zamaldelica's in my next grow. They will have to wait until another season. Sorry Dubi, I know you understand and I don't have to explain anything. God bless your kindness my friend.
Best wishes for you all in life and your upcoming season. Peace

YukonKronic

Positive Energy and healthful loving vibes to your wife and those who care for her farmer. Goodness prevail and the light of every Heaven shine down to you. Gratitude for the Strength you already project and Peaceful culminations to the energy you have invested and will continue to invest.
Your garden this year may be different and even painful in its conception but I believe in it’s own ways it will be one of your most significant.
We will cherish what you choose to share with us and hope and pray for you and your family.

Last edited:
G

So sorry to hear the struggle you re facing my friend...I hope all will turn out fine for her and you...Godspeed.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
YukonKronic and Syd, how wonderful to have both of you stop by. Since momma wants a garden this season, she's getting one. For the medical side of the grow. I will have two from Ace seeds, the Lebanese x Erdpurt and the Lebanese. From JD Short the Rosaberry (AC/DC x Blueberry)
From the Tropical seed company the Baglung Nepalese. From Green Mountain Seeds I will be growing out a couple of Grapes. This is a Purple phenotype of his Highland Nepalese and his Oaxacan Gold. With a strong grape aroma and coloring. Vermontman said this would be available this fall as a public release. I'm very excited to get a few more packs this fall.

Everything will be single planting 45 gallon grow bags until I run out of them. The balance will be in 35 gallon grow bags. I may bump the plant count up to 12 as I would love to have two Mazar I Sharif's from Angus at The Real Seed Company going this season as well. I don't know what the CBD ratio or contents is of the Mazar I Sharif is. These are not the Dutch version crossed with Skunk #1. They are the sativa phenotype of a Landrace Indica. They can flower for a while. I will let them go into freeze up if need be. They are supposed to be able to handle cold temperatures and keep on keeping on. We'll see?

I'm a little concerned about the soil as I have not started the microbial life. I will start preparing the bags asap. I have been working alot, time is scarce. But isn't it for all of us. I will try and post some pictures when I can. I like to document things better and take good notes. That will have to wait until later. Traumatic events really prioritize life for a couple. It's comforting to see much of what gets pushed to the front of the line. I was already doing. I will update my wife's progress through the summer. I thank you all for your support. I will try and focus all efforts into these plants. A special thanks to Dubi. He has shown me much love and kindness. My wife has access to great genetics because of his work. We are very blessed and thankful.
Peace

Last edited:
We were beginning to wonder where Farmerlion was on the site lately but we now know why. Sorry to hear the news of your wife.. sending prayers brotherman and wishing you a successful grow season..!

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn brother. Sorry to hear the bad news.

PM me if you need anything.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion,

You have all the support from me, ACE family and our friends here.
I will be indeed will be praying for the recovery and complete healing of your sweet wife.

Try to stay positive and try to enjoy every single moment of the present time with her :kiss:

And don't worry, growing is secondary, family always first.
We love you brother!

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
It's a start.

It's a start.

Just a shot in the door. I have four rows of bags instead of three as usual. Some beets and carrots are coming up as well. None of the sweet peas have come up yet.

Both these are Lebanese x Auto Malawi's I crossed last season. For some reason they are the only ones popping. I had three other strains germinating. Some things aren't meant to be at certain times I guess. I will drive on with what I have now.
They will get their first test this coming week. We are going to Mayo in Rochester to meet with our doctors and schedule the mastectomy. I will water heavy before we go ,but they will have four days of trials. I will see how hard they are willing to fight.

We want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Dubi, I love you brother. Please say hello to all your family and staff for us. As far as the plants go . I'm trying to have ten going before we leave Sunday.

Other things going on. I'm taking up guitar. I have an acoustic that I'm learning on. Just to make sure I don't blow off learning how to play. I'm having a full custom electric guitar made by a luthier. The neck is Bloodwood from Africa. The body is a solid piece of Cherry from a tree in a ladies yard in Indiana. She had a picture online of the tree she was cutting down. Cherry trees are like apple trees. Getting 10" around is one thing. Getting 22" around is a special tree. I got a 2" plank from the center of the trunk.

I wanted to make a flying V copy of a 68' Gibson. Then I thought what would a North Dakota version look like? So having several bison skulls in my yard. With the neck coming out the nose of the skull. I had my vision of my flying V. I will post up a few pictures when it is completed. I built a 4 x 12 speaker cabinet with Jensen Tornado speakers. I bought a Marshal 100 watt amp to run it. One delay pedal and one Green Russian muff pedal for good measure.

Have a beautiful day my friends. Thanks again for your kind thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Peace :tiphat:

Ncali

Veteran
Your wife and family are in our hearts and thoughts over here.

Watching and wishing you a green garden buddy, sounds like you have some nice plants going.

SolarLogos

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80433&pictureid=1950504View Image
Just a shot in the door. I have four rows of bags instead of three as usual. Some beets and carrots are coming up as well. None of the sweet peas have come up yet.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80433&pictureid=1950503View Image
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80433&pictureid=1950502View Image

Both these are Lebanese x Auto Malawi's I crossed last season. For some reason they are the only ones popping. I had three other strains germinating. Some things aren't meant to be at certain times I guess. I will drive on with what I have now.
They will get their first test this coming week. We are going to Mayo in Rochester to meet with our doctors and schedule the mastectomy. I will water heavy before we go ,but they will have four days of trials. I will see how hard they are willing to fight.

We want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Dubi, I love you brother. Please say hello to all your family and staff for us. As far as the plants go . I'm trying to have ten going before we leave Sunday.

Other things going on. I'm taking up guitar. I have an acoustic that I'm learning on. Just to make sure I don't blow off learning how to play. I'm having a full custom electric guitar made by a luthier. The neck is Bloodwood from Africa. The body is a solid piece of Cherry from a tree in a ladies yard in Indiana. She had a picture online of the tree she was cutting down. Cherry trees are like apple trees. Getting 10" around is one thing. Getting 22" around is a special tree. I got a 2" plank from the center of the trunk.

I wanted to make a flying V copy of a 68' Gibson. Then I thought what would a North Dakota version look like? So having several bison skulls in my yard. With the neck coming out the nose of the skull. I had my vision of my flying V. I will post up a few pictures when it is completed. I built a 4 x 12 speaker cabinet with Jensen Tornado speakers. I bought a Marshal 100 watt amp to run it. One delay pedal and one Green Russian muff pedal for good measure.

Have a beautiful day my friends. Thanks again for your kind thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Peace :tiphat:
I love your greenhouse Farmer, I can tell you must get a lot of good vibes in there. Have you considered putting some mulch around the seedlings or put clear plastic with holes poked in it while your gone? I had to leave for two weeks once. The pots in my mother room were small, so I put them in shallow dishes with about 2" of water in them. I mulched the top with wet straw and they were fine when I returned 14 days later.
It's funny you mentioned guitar. My kids all play, I raised them on 60s-70s music. I just picked mine back up after all these years and started back in.
Have a safe trip to and from Rochester, Mn. They are great people at the Mayo clinic, you are all in good hands. Prayers for the best possible news.
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts