What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are there free greenhouse designs?

I am starting to study a 10.000 sqm proyect, but have no experience about such big greenhouses; is there any open source design i can use?

i am sure it will need some modifications to adapt each place weather, and production needs, but will be nice to have a basic design to start from.

highsteppa

Veteran
Farmtek/Growers supply....good to take a look but their GH are garbage and they are notorious for sending the wrong stuff. They don’t pre-drill hoops for bolts and use tek screws instead (total joke) They are good for accessories and usually will undercut quote from other suppliers. I know a grower that bought a big house from them with light dep/wet wall and total shit show. My suggestion is look around locally for a house that’s not being used, and try to buy it and move it to your spot

As my operation will be in colombia, american suppliers are too far. my idea was to find some design of big greenhouses and change dimensions, add some dehumidification power, and try to source in the local agricultural supplies market; then buy from USA what i cant find in colombia

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Parts of Columbia should have an abundance of used greenhouses and equipment for sale. They are one of the worlds biggest producers of roses and chrysanthemums. Over 20,000 acres of flowers are planted in greenhouses in Columbia every year. Got to be a lot a lot of surplus in a market like that.

Also, I would probably go with 3 or 4 smaller greenhouses rather than one larger one. Pest control. Environmental control... all going to be easier in 4 small buildings than in one big one.

JMO

Thanks for your help, yes, the idea is to set many small ones rather than one big area, probably 10 to 20 500 to 1000 sqm.

assembling the plastic greenhouses is the easiest part, and there are many companies there we can ask.

i was more thinking on knowing how much mother plant and clone space per 1000sqm greenhouse, light needed to avoid the plants flowering but not spending too much, etc... etc...

we have greenhouse vegetables experience and indoor cannabis experience, but mistakes in this scale can be expensive, and our budget is limited

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I think 1000 watt Gavita covers 100 sqr feet for supplemental on moms and preventing flowering.

you need more to supplement flowering in the off seasons and how much will be determined by your location and weather and curtain system.

just some info from videos I've watched not personal practice.:tiphat:
good luck with your grow.

soil margin

Veteran
I am starting to study a 10.000 sqm proyect, but have no experience about such big greenhouses; is there any open source design i can use?

i am sure it will need some modifications to adapt each place weather, and production needs, but will be nice to have a basic design to start from.

Are you asking for design in the sense of the physical structure itself, or a design of the agricultural processes/methods that will be used in the operation of the greenhouse? Or both?

Speed of green

i have 5200sf of greenhouse for flower and 1500sf for veg-- this will largely depend on your growing method.

I am in a warm climate that has many days of sunshine a year, for my supplemental lighting i use a 15w phillips bulb over each plant.

if you live somewhere cloudy you may need to use a stronger supplemental light (gavita)

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts