What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats best inline filter drier for extractor

crumbsnatch

Looking into filter driers to run inline, I've seen some big ones and some small ones, what are the best one can find that have flare ins and outs, 1/4 and 3/8? The little ones terrpextractors carries are a little small for me..

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking into filter driers to run inline, I've seen some big ones and some small ones, what are the best one can find that have flare ins and outs, 1/4 and 3/8? The little ones terrpextractors carries are a little small for me..

I didn't find any that I liked, so designed the ones for WolfWurx. We went through several designs, but the one we ended up with used a 6" stainless sanitary spool for the case and Sporlan dual #48 internals. Easy enough to build one yourself.

WolfWurx's designs are now the property of Pharmgold, who is marketing the cyclonic drier on both their Terpenators and their VaporHawg pump, as well as a stand alone item.

I have no specifics, but you could get them from james@pharmgold.com

crumbsnatch

GW, do you just remove the sporlan core and dry it between uses? Never thought about making my own, might be time to get crafty..

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW, do you just remove the sporlan core and dry it between uses? Never thought about making my own, might be time to get crafty..

Yeah, we keep two sets and rotate them through the vacuum oven at night at 250F. If you weigh them when you put them in, you can tell how much water you've removed by weighing again.

crumbsnatch

GW- Do you have the specific Sporlan part number for the insert filters, Ive only found rcw48 and dont know if that is the right one?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW- Do you have the specific Sporlan part number for the insert filters, Ive only found rcw48 and dont know if that is the right one?

We use RCW-48, high water capacity filter, but others are available that will also work.