What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In search of strawberry

sc1

Hi i am in search of a strain with strawberry flavors taste etc. I'm looking to obtain non- feminized stock. I would like to use them to make a strawberry cross. I have read that there are some afghani strains with strawberry flavors but have been unable to locate them. I have also seen some Swiss strains, but the breeders or seed banks I looked at only have feminized varieties or are sold out on the regular. I have seen a few strawberry hybrids that are out there but what I am really looking for is an IBL or landrace strain. That would be cool thanks.

M

Mr.Doe

Motarebel's Lung Candy would be a good place to look. It's a Strawberry Cough Bx. I found some beautiful berry flavors in there!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Had great luck with Strawberry Cough years ago. No idea how it holds up these days.

Just threw up some pics on the Strawberry Fields thread...

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I’d like to be clearer about my thought process (apologies for not having done so).

Yes, SC is feminized. But if a keeper presents itself, then you could choose between Lester’s suggestions, find a standout male and hit her with him. Or possibly better yet, run both suggestions, pick some winning males and do an open pollination.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding and you already have the female and are simply looking for a strong male. (?)

Anyway, I just wanted to share that I really found that strawberry smell & taste in SC.

Best of luck in your search.

—Shmavis

63or63

BOGs Sour Strawberry. An strikingly strawberry nose and flavor with good crystal production. Grown outdoors. Would really like to give it another run in CEA system.

hermdog

I have a nice looking Moto Rebel Lung candy about 5weeks into veg, the stem and leaves smell like fresh strawberries.

TrillOG

erdpurt - ace seeds, dinafem has one, cant remember the name... its berry fruity or something like that... and arjans strawberry haze green house... don't know what your budget is, and these are pretty affordable..

blays0r

Every time strawberry comes up I immediately think of Strawberry Cough. I've heard good things about this strain as far as aroma and flavor goes, but mixed reviews regarding potency. So you might want to do a pheno hunt for a strong type that still holds that famed strawberry taste.

Mystic Funk

I'm working with some strawberry lines and I'm doing the same thing. I'm trying to make a regular seed line that pure strawberry.

I hear mandala's 8 miles high has a strawberry smell and taste.

had some strawberry cough recently! soo good!

good luck hunting!

I have some of OJD's strawberry dogshit reg seeds going. They are only about 30 days in bloom but they are putting out some strong strawberry smells. Haha I don't think I have the dogshit pheno if thats a real thing. I was planning to order a pack of his strawberry cough fems but they werent in stock at the time.