What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REPORT: DOJ WANTS BANKS TO CALL POLICE ON CUSTOMERS WITHDRAWING $5,000 OR MORE

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Mississippi city’s $4.1 million police station funded by civil forfeiture

By Steve Wilson
·Published May 18, 2015
·watchdog.org

Facebook
Twitter
Email

Print

The Mississippi city of Richland has a new $4.1 million police station, a top-level training center and a fleet of black-and-white Dodge Charger police cars.

All of it was paid for through civil forfeitures of property and cash seized during traffic stops of what police say were suspected drug runners on Interstate 20.

Civil libertarians question the constitutionality of civil forfeiture, which has become a key part of revenue for state and local law enforcement agencies nationwide. Under the laws of many states, citizens can be deprived of their property or even cash if police merely suspect the owners to be involved in criminal activity.

Mayor Mark Scarborough and police chief WR “Russel” James of Richland — population 7,03and located south of Jackson on I-20 in Rankin County — say they’re not only giving city taxpayers a bargain, but they’re also helping do their part to stem the heavy drug trade that travels between Texas and Atlanta on I-20, which eventually trickles down to smaller cities like theirs.

Lee McGrath, legislative counsel for the libertarian Institute for Justice, said the tide is turning on civil forfeiture in the nation.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Laws have changed and international treaties have changed. When the shit hits the fan the banks get to keep the money you gave them for safekeeping. And cash isn't of much value if nobody will take it for payment. Forcing a society to go cashless prevents runs on banks when people realize that the system's going down. The situation now is way worse than pre-2008.

floralheart

Veteran
Laws have changed and international treaties have changed. When the shit hits the fan the banks get to keep the money you gave them for safekeeping. And cash isn't of much value if nobody will take it for payment. Forcing a society to go cashless prevents runs on banks when people realize that the system's going down. The situation now is way worse than pre-2008.

and people made fun of those indians for their beads...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
today golds ask price was 1288.$ for one ounce.

face value $50.

silver around $18. ask

face value $1.

shtf could you expect them to be worth more than face value?

sprinkl

Veteran
Mississippi city’s $4.1 million police station funded by civil forfeiture

Oh yeah they'll make good use of those funds when shit hits the fan. All civilians will be enemy of the state! Better buy loads of bullets...
It's been almost 70 years since we had a big 'ole genocide in the west.. Time to thin out the slave crowd

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
today golds ask price was 1288.$ for one ounce.

face value $50.

silver around $18. ask

face value $1.

shtf could you expect them to be worth more than face value?

You can't expect it to be more or less Trichrider. It really is only worth what someone will give you for it.

ronbo51

Veteran
In 1964, the last year US Silver dollars, along with all coins except pennies, were actually made of silver, a dollar would buy a couple gallons of gas, a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, a gallon of milk and a pound of bologna or cheese. Today those same items still cost one silver dollar. Funny, huh?

igrowone

Veteran
Private silver bullion ( IRS 1099 Form exempt ) consists of any quantity sold to a dealer of the following items:

- American Silver Eagle Coins

- Canadian Maple Leaf Silver Coins

- Austrian Philharmonic Silver Coins

Reported silver bullion ( IRS 1099 Form required ) consists of 1000 ounces or more sold to a dealer of the following items:

- .999 fine silver bullion bars (any sizes)

- .999 fine silver bullion rounds (any sizes)

Private gold bullion ( IRS 1099 Form exempt ) consists of any quantity sold to a dealer of the following items:

- American Gold Eagle Coins

- American Gold Buffalo Coins

- Gold Austrian Philharmonic Coins

Reported gold bullion coins ( IRS 1099 Form required ) consists of 25 ounces or more sold to a dealer of the following items:

- Canadian Gold Maples (1 oz)

- South African Krugerrands (1 oz)

Reported gold bullion bars ( IRS 1099 Form required ) consists of 32.15 ounces or more sold to a dealer of the following items:

- .999 fine gold bullion bars (any sizes)

These rules are for selling or buying whether you are a dealer or consumer.

good info that
but there seems to be another layer that has been added with the anti-terrorist laws
driver's license or tax id# for most sales?
from what i've seen posted, it goes into the dealer's records but does not generate a report to any law agency

idiit

Veteran
Abolishing Cash – The New Age Of Economic Totalitarianism

Tyler Durden's picture
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/18/2015

Europe is moving full speed ahead to eliminate all cash

To maintain the euro, they must maintain the banks. However, the bank reserves are debts of all member states. As government becomes insolvent as in Greece, the banking system is undermined. The only way to prevent the banking collapse is to prevent people from withdrawing cash.

To maintain the euro, they must maintain the banks. However, the bank reserves are debts of all member states. As government becomes insolvent as in Greece, the banking system is undermined. The only way to prevent the banking collapse is to prevent people from withdrawing cash.

Sheep-Herd.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-18/abolishing-cash-–-new-age-economic-totalitarianism

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
good info that
but there seems to be another layer that has been added with the anti-terrorist laws
driver's license or tax id# for most sales?
from what i've seen posted, it goes into the dealer's records but does not generate a report to any law agency

All the coin dealers I use ask for nothing more than cash. I don't use a credit card for making bullion purchases. Now when I buy coins or bullion from a pawn shop, those folks will ask for ID.

There is some variation from state to state on the sale of coins and bullion. I just read, I think it was Pennsylvania, that was going to tax coin and bullion sales. Other states have a limit on how much one can buy before sales taxes kick in. Sales taxes on bullion sales is a big deal to buyers. It could take a long time to recoup the sales tax on a bullion sale that is already above spot price.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya like the cops are gonna show up... no crime being committed withdrawing your own cash.....yeehaw..cant find me anyhow at home my addy is a po box...

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Withdrawing excessive funds is what brought New York governor Elliot Spitzer to the fed's attention, and brought his call girl habit to light. He also broke the transaction down into several smaller amounts to avoid the $10,000 trigger, which set off alarm bells. But the withdrawal notification is supposedly intended more for spotting people who are funding criminal activity, specifically terrorism. For this community the bigger problem is how to cleanly get thousands of dollars cash deposited into a bank account.

X

xavier7995

Not questioning that the banking system is kinda bogus, even as is, but did anyone look at the guy driving the argument? Simon Black appears to be Wesley Snipes crazy with that freeman BS, this article is about as credible as Alex Jones conspiracy theories.

edit: Not to mention how insanely lacking in legit real details the article is. If the AAG makes a speech, issues a public statement, etc etc etc. it typically winds up as part of their press release page, not seeing anything for them wanting to take your money/guns/jobs etc. going back through april, maybe i missed it though.

Now....those asshole cops abusing seizure laws are another thing entirely.

part 2 of the edit: Maybe this is what they are talking about: http://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/a...-delivers-remarks-acams-anti-money-laundering

However, I don't really see anything there that would make me arrive at the same conclusions mr black did.

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://sarasotavault.com/

A much better one on the east coast in Ft Lauderdale.

Once it becomes legal in Fla there will be a huge sucking sound of people leaving the west coast for the tropics of south Fla so why not open one now under the name Mickey Mouse? They do NOT require ID but you better know the owner if you ever forget your codes.

So I've heard :moon:

FatherEarth

Veteran
handheld GPS, hidden coordinates, geo stash. Fuck a bank or someone who will hand over your fortune to anyone with a gun.
Mother Earth keeps the best secrets ... She never squeals ...

igrowone

Veteran
most banks wont let you put cash in saftey deposit boxes, I think it may actually be illegal...

been illegal for many a year
but all banks have a privacy room, and the tellers will turn their backs if you just want to pop it open quick
not much of a law, though i suppose it does let the law confiscate cash when a box is inspected from a warrant or death of the owner
they just want all the money

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
Hey tort,it would seem as if they knew the future ,when this was posted ,as if they knew in advance about greece ,which they did ,and portitico too,it shut down the ny stock exchange to prevent war ,nice call ,and good eye,you are spot on,novo ordurm seculrm ,we are so very close to the caos ,to bring about ,order there from ,nickel your belt and goes your weed bro ,its going to go down ,soon,god help us all,

Latest posts

Latest posts