What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REPORT: DOJ WANTS BANKS TO CALL POLICE ON CUSTOMERS WITHDRAWING $5,000 OR MORE

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Like I've said before, some people don't know the value of a hot dog cart.

I know plenty of cash businesses. One 19 year old kid I know bought a house with his cash business (sells grilled cheeses on Saturday and Sunday mornings at a farmers market). Depositing 5-10k+ every week or two is common. No one bats an eye. But he pays his taxes. It's the cost of doing business.

Andyo

Veteran
uk reporting over 1000

uk reporting over 1000

In the uk you will be reported by businesses for spending over 1000 in cash or by banks for depositing same. I used to put 500 twice a month in so i could use my debit card via a phone call
Has been this way from over 12 yrs which was when i left the uk

Now i live in a country where cash is king. Though western governments have been pressuring them , but can deposit or withdraw cash just need id now a fake passport will do.
To get an account just need a lease agreement and passport with 1 yr visa ,they dont check with immigration.

Controllers have to control like a fukin neurosis .A

Easy7

Veteran
Even if that does happen, buy some silver, I'll trade you drugs. :dance013:

That's what it's going to be. Govt trying to go cashless and blackmarkets only accepting metals and stones. But they have banned private holding of gold before.

The US govt is horrible at guerilla or counter guerilla warfare. And the blackmarket is a type of guerilla warfare. US is to big fancy and loud and egotistical to fight small wars.

It pays to be a small guy!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That's what it's going to be. Govt trying to go cashless and blackmarkets only accepting metals and stones. ...

They might like to, but only for catching bad guys, so they won't do it. Why is somewhat complicated. But they would lose control of the dominant world currency. We could use Dinari, BitCoin, or any other type of currency. You'd have an economic wild west with only one sure loser, and no winners.

igrowone

Veteran
They might like to, but only for catching bad guys, so they won't do it. Why is somewhat complicated. But they would lose control of the dominant world currency. We could use Dinari, BitCoin, or any other type of currency. You'd have an economic wild west with only one sure loser, and no winners.

interesting thoughts
at the moment, we've been drifting into the realm of e-dollars
not a crypto currency, but a mostly electronic one
the flip side, people have become acclimated to electronic money
and so the environment for crypto currency was made
which is justice of a sort

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
interesting thoughts
at the moment, we've been drifting into the realm of e-dollars
not a crypto currency, but a mostly electronic one
the flip side, people have become acclimated to electronic money
and so the environment for crypto currency was made
which is justice of a sort

The market always prevails.

Easy7

Veteran
We would trade cigs as currency if it's accepted.

Thing is cash is accepted most everywhere. But it has to be somewhat recent cash. Old cash and coin is worth more to a collevtor than face value a store will accept.

Money is a perfect example of censesus reality. It's only as much as people believe.